Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:52:32 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: vandalized « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT: vandalized  (Read 5296 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 04:41:43 PM »

Susan,

I'm sorry this happened as well. I know how it feels, as my car was broken into a few years ago. If it makes you feel any better, you should be comforted that the police at least tried to find the culprits. I lived in a very quiet neighborhood; there hasn't been a home burglary for over 10 years in my town, if that lets you know just how quiet. Anyway, I had a small Mitsubishi pickup, and one morning I went outside to drive to work and saw that my taillights were missing. I then found that the side window was busted out and the radio was gone as well. I called the police, and they filled out a report but let me know that they weren't going to even look for the thief because it would be hard (or some equally lame excuse). I mean, Mitsubishi pickups were fairly common (low riders in the area used them), but all they needed to do was ask at the two body shops in town about whether anyone had come in with a pickup needing two taillights. It was pretty obvious that the thief was mainly after the lights and took the radio as an afterthought.

It wasn't so bad for me as I still had full coverage, so insurance paid for everything. Plus, the radio was older than the pickup, and it had been cheap when I bought it. After that, I got a radio with a removable face and used that until I traded the car in a couple of years later.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 08:09:03 PM »

Susan wrote:

> ulthar - the cop gave me a form that had information, part of
> the info was for the Victim's Advocate thing but it was in
> relation to domestic violence and victims of violent crimes
> involving aggrivated assault. Maybe i should beat myself over
> the head.
>

Call 'em.  Violent crime stuff is certainly the focus, but they do MUCH more than that.  Like I said, it won't hurt to make a phone call.  Ultimately your choice, tho...there's certainly something to be said for moving-on.

Anyway, best of luck, and I'm sure glad that you WEREN'T hurt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
dean

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 08:42:55 PM »

That victims thing that ulthar mentioned is a pretty good idea.  I wonder if they have something like that over here [its good to keep in mind if something bad does happen]

>>>I can't believe you caught the guy, you're lucky i guess that he wasn't armed or something.

I didn't catch the guy, the police did, after he pulled what seemed to be a knife I backed right off and just proceeded to abuse him.  Like someone said, I'm not about to risk my life for things, especially since we got nicer stuff after the insurance.  But I'm certainly not about to give up my posessions without some sort of fight...

Anyway, I hope things work out ok, it took a while for me to stop being a little nervous everytime I got home early before anyone else, but you'll move on: no sense in living in fear!

Oh and Derf, a similar thing happened to a friend of mine as well, but they stole his headlight globes as well as tail lights, and didn't actually make any effort to steal anything from the rest of the car.  It seems really really silly for something like that to happen, I mean, how much do they cost anyway??

Some people steal the most unusual things sometimes...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 08:46:48 PM »

Sorry to hear that you had to endure this Susan. I hope everything turns out fine for you in the end.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005, 02:27:05 PM »

Susan, I'm so sorry. Especially because of the fact that you say you live in a decent area. I live in a fairly seedy part of town and have only been broken into once, in 1985. I was 9 1/2 at the time and it really bothered me, especially because of the fact that they stole our TV (a great Sony Trinitron that we had had for over 6 years, and that we probably would have had another 5-7 years) and VCR. Then in 1996 less than a week after I turned 20 I was mugged by 3 teenagers. Luckily I was broke (but had just gone shopping), but they did hurt my arm and my head.

Susan
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2005, 04:22:34 PM »

maybe they need to invent a radio that gives out a strong electrical shock to anyone who tries to forcefully remove it ..then sprays mace in their eyes  ;-)

raj

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2005, 05:20:02 PM »

I had my truck broken into and the radio stolen late last year.  Basically the same MO as what happened to Susan, though they popped the lock rather than smashing in the window.  I had gotten lazy and not taken the faceplate with me.  Since I was looking to buy a house, I didn't want to go through the insurance company and have them jack up my rates.  Door was $600, radio another $200.  Now I always take the faceplate with me.  And I use The Club.
Susan
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2005, 05:22:20 PM »

Anyone remember the Mr. Bean episode where he would take his steering wheel off when he left the car as a security measure?

Flangepart

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2005, 05:39:01 PM »

I feel for ya, Susan.
Last year, my old 85 Olds was stolen. The cops found it, and caught a clown who was with the creep who stole it, when it ran out of gas at a station.
Cost about $900 to get it back to running.
Sheesh!
Thw windows were open, the car was literaly 10 feet away from my mom's room...i bearly woke up enought to bear some class breaking, but it sounded far away, so i thought it was some one breaking a bottle down the street.
The disbelief when i went out next morning,to see...nothing....realy blew my tiny mind.
Now i use a bar on the wheel, and a cable and lock, to at least make if harder if anyone tries agine.
That and the motion sensor lights.
But a dog...man, i wish i had a dog.
Named " Devourer of  Louts!" Ya know, Rotties are realy nice dogs.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
dean

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005, 07:15:45 PM »

Flangepart wrote:

>The cops found it, and
> caught a clown who was with the creep who stole it, when it ran
> out of gas at a station.

An actual clown???

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

raj wrote:

Now I always take the faceplate with
> me.  And I use The Club.

I had a friend in college whose car was broken into and all the thief stole was her Club, which was locked onto the steering wheel. So much for security...

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2005, 08:44:44 PM »

dean wrote:

> Flangepart wrote:
>
> >The cops found it, and
> > caught a clown who was with the creep who stole it, when it
> ran
> > out of gas at a station.
>
>
> An actual clown???
>

AT A STATION (gas station??)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
odinn7

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2005, 09:04:03 PM »

Ass clown?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
raj

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2005, 08:16:28 AM »

Clowns are evil.
Flangepart

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2005, 04:59:48 PM »

Your both right!
Ass clown, and evil! True he was sans rubber nose and paint, but he had the spirit for it.
When i got to the scene, the joker started saying "Hey, i din't do anything!" and the like. He saw my white van, and thought i was a cop, maby.
When he realised i wasen't, he just kept his face hidden, and tried to avoid looking at me.
Ass clown indeed.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: vandalized « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.