Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:51:51 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  reminding I Drink Your Blood (1971) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: reminding I Drink Your Blood (1971)  (Read 834 times)
laura
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 11, 2005, 08:15:20 AM »

among the remains of my squandered memory I have decided to rescue a select title.the film that i was looking yesterday it have should to be interrupted and, more or less, I have proposed to write providing that it could  fresh things in my eye, have had to come to look back some time ago. The select one I have wanted that was a movie that not could  recover as is not on  my racks, and that deserves to be commented, clear. The select one is a cult title  among  the lovers of the cinema gore: i drink your blood.
The movie has its (her,your) captivation if i think that i saw it  more than fifteen years, when the fever of the vhs rentings. Only I enjoyed it once and still today I remind it. the title in Spain, was "rabid Dogs" and the memory does not trump too much thanks to the absurd of the  plot, which I allow myself to explain,  does not have waste.
A few very bad hippies were coming to a small american village . Once there they were devoting themselves to take LSD and to get problems with the frightened habitants of the locality. The thing is that they ended up by killing an elder and easy-going pastrycook, I do not remember how. The old man had a vindictive enough granddaughter that, captured a rabid dog of the mounaint,  extracted blood infected by the rabid virus  and  inoculated it in a few sponge-cakes or similar.
After that bizarre operation she  gave the resultant buns to the malignant hippies in order that they were eating them, they were becoming infected and dying between horrible sufferings. What the sweet granddoughter didnt know  was that they were the whole moment consuming lsd and  the combination of this with the rabid virus provokes, in the movie, of course, a mutation that turns them into infectious cannibals.you know , the famous infection via  biteing  of the modern zombi.  so then, the zone was destroyed by a horde of lousy  hallucinated cannibals hippies. the epidemic was propagating to an adjacent, replete quarry of workers . This way, so, to the hordes of long-haired hippies  was added too the proletariat white trash. I do not remember how finished the film   I think that both groups were finishing facing betweenthem  and then it ended off  shotting the local sherif . But  I repite it  that I do not remind it well.
So as you  can estimate, it is a story  that it has everything  for the enjoyment of the fan of the thrash cinema .but, it is one of these movies that seem to be much better explained that you watcit was a very ver low budget film and was directed really  badly. The brain in the shade was his producer, Jerry Gross, a guy  specializated  in the double film programs and person in charge, betweenother things, of the distribution of Mondo Cane in the USA. For the occasion he was wishing a product that he was sending directly to the success of The night of the living dead  and, especially, to the mournful events led to end by Charlie Manson and his "family".
Definitively, a real exploitation, with the claim of the satanic hippie eager for blood and drug, filmed fast in a couple of weeksby  the director - scriptwriter of whom little less  was known. The movie was shown in double program cinema  with "I eat your skin", which was another subproduct, some  say  worst than "i drink  your blood", filmed  a few  some years before and re-baptized for the occasion. Guess its time to watch this garbash again.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 07:29:04 AM »

I believe I saw this movie years ago. When my wife and I were dating, she rented this and brought it to my house one weekend to impress upon me how she liked cheesey movies. We found this movie to be funny but not as violent or gruesome as it had been made out to be (perhaps this version was edited?). I brought out some of my collection to let her watch (Maniac, Hills Have Eyes, Dr. Butcher) and she didn't really enjoy them too much. Oh well, I guess she got back at me by marrying me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  reminding I Drink Your Blood (1971) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.