Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:31:28 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Popup Problem: System and Browser Poll « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Popup Problem: System and Browser Poll  (Read 3338 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 11:38:09 AM »

I use Win XP Pro both here and at home, along with Opera for my browser. It has a built-in pop-up blocker that works quite well. Also, since fewer people use it and it works a bit differently that IE, I don't have many problems with malware at all. I still have to use IE on occasion, but not often.

As for SP2, it works fine for most things, but I learned (after I had installed it) that it won't work with most music recording software/interfaces, which is my next big project. Luckily, my home computer dual boots into either XP Pro or Windows 98SE, so I should still be able to do some recording.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 12:22:37 PM »

Windows XP Pro -> Internet Explorer -> Pop Up Stopper professional

word of advice to all cooks: never combine green peppers, chili powder, and crushed red pepper into the same tortilla with beans and rice. HOT!!!

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005, 12:36:09 PM »

Hey Ash, if you do decide to load Service Pack 2, make sure you run something like adaware to make sure you don't have any spyware lurking on your machine. About the only problem we've had where I work is trying to install it on machines that were infected with spyware.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 01:00:35 PM »

I am off today, just finished up having drill weekend for the Reserve Marines.

Looked into this for some time now and I cannot replicate the problem with either of my systems.  That would be XP with Sp2 running both Mozilla and IE.  Nor does the older Win98 box do this, trying with either Mozilla or IE.  I must have reloaded various pages, mostly the message board, over 100 times with each browser.

Both of my computers run software firewalls and are located behind a hardware firewall.

I looked through all of the ads running on the site and cannot find anything that references the domain that Ash pointed out.

The funny thing here is that Mr. Hockstatter rebooted and stopped getting them, like it was a process running in memory, but not in the startup for the OS.  I wonder if this is some sort of worm that uses a flaw in IE to attempt to download further code to finish compromising the computer.  That would explain why Hockstatter stopped seeing it after a reboot.

Ash, try giving me a Hijack this log:

Download Hijack This from Major Geeks

It really does appear to be something affecting the computers in question, rather than coming from the site.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Popup Problem: System and Browser Poll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.