Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:21:39 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake county" Any Scary? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake county" Any Scary?  (Read 4605 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 24, 2005, 12:51:58 PM »

At another message board someone created at topic called "Scariest Movie  EVER!" So of course I had to see what this guy thought was the scariest movie ever.

The movie was "Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake county"

Quite a few people backed him up on saying it was really scary but a few said that it was really crappy.

So of course I'm hear asking for the elites opinons on this. I looked it up and it's filmed documentary style a la "Blair Witch" ,which still gives me the chills.

Opinons.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 08:21:05 AM »

This was made for TV back around '97 or '98 and was aired on FOX back when Johnathan Frakes was doing all their ridiculous shows like Alien Autopsy. They played it off as real and that's what got so many people because, well simply, people are gullible. We watched it and laughed and at the end they showed the crdits complete with the names of the actors who played the aliens. I went to work the next day and everyone was talking about it and how they were terrified that something like that could happen. Really, the same stupidity that happened with the Blair Witch and how everyone thought that was real. Well, I argued with the morons and they argued back that it was real. I asked them if they saw the names of the actors at the end...of course not. Well, FOX was nice enough to run it again a week or 2 later with a disclaimer that it wasn't real. The look on faces the next day was priceless.
Anyway, you asked about the movie itself...It was poorly acted, the effects were cheap, the story line was flawed, and it had a look like it was shot on video (this was done on purpose) but the thing became big because so many people believed it. It really wasn't that good but you won't hate yourself for watching it if you get the chance. It really has no redeeming value but if you look at it objectively, already knowing it is not real, you could probably have some fun with it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 07:25:18 AM »

I couldn't have said it better myself Odinn.

It's not anything worth going out of your way to find.  It's not that great, just had a lot of hype around it at the time that it was shown.

And, as Odinn said, people are gullible.  I've actually argued with someone within the last year who still thought that Blair Witch was completely real.  Some people have little common sense.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 09:46:37 AM »

Skaboi...I encounter that now and then also. I really can't believe the idiocy that runs around loose in this world. Years later you still believe the Blair Witch was real? How stupid could you possibly be.
Now, get this one...I recently had to argue with one of my wifes relatives about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the remake). He got the DVD and it comes complete with a story and "evidence" that it was real...including crime scene photos and all that. I tried to explain to him that it was all promotional and that it never did really take place as they say it did. He argued back that they claim it was based on a true story and if it wasn't real, where did they get the crime scene photos from? I told him to expect a very difficult life out there in the real world.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 10:19:26 AM »

You're going through that to? The girl I like has, sadly, fallen prey these 'claims'. I've tried to explain to her that it's not true but she's a little too convinced by the opening movie claims.

But in the end I know I can convince her otherwise.

And despite what odinn7 and Skaboi said I will still try to keep an eye out for "Alien Abduction". I think documentary style movies but like all movies types there's good and bad. I think Blair worked in the good way or at least in the 'effective' way. While this one sounds like it 'fails'.

Oh well.

I when I first saw Blair Witch I had finally already figured out it's real..

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake county" Any Scary? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.