Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:37:49 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Zombie Scenario Survivor Test « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Zombie Scenario Survivor Test  (Read 10775 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 09:57:06 AM »

Yea, I also recieved a 59% and barely survived. Well I'll have to thank Andrew and Badmovies.org for surviving at least the written test. With all the zombies films I've seen I should have scored better. : )

I chose the picth fork as I wanted to take them out with out getting contaminated by the blood. Keeping them at a distance while poking them in the head. It would work like a bullitt wouldn't it? I mean it's the same concept as a bullit to the head.

Post Edited (09-28-05 10:02)

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 10:07:05 AM »

I thought about the pitchfork but then realized, "What if I stabbed a zombie with it and it got stuck in its head and I couldn't pull it out?"
That situation would be even worse if I were battling multiple zombies coming at me.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 10:13:12 AM »

Hey, besides the axe I have one of those sling blades (sometimes called a kaiser blade). I don't believe I've seen one of those in a Zombie movie. It would be good at decapitating them, but it would depend on the type zombie as to whether that would stop them.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 10:17:21 AM »

That little quiz actually gave me some zombie movie ideas. Regarding things that haven't been done in the genre yet.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 12:43:20 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> I thought about the pitchfork but then realized, "What if I
> stabbed a zombie with it and it got stuck in its head and I
> couldn't pull it out?"
> That situation would be even worse if I were battling multiple
> zombies coming at me.

I thought the same thing too ASH and the machette too getting stuck. I choose the bat myself.

-------------------------------------------------
Most of all I hate dancing then work, exercise, people,stupid people

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 12:50:22 PM »

I used a bo staff for my last weapon. I still haven't gotten used to the new breed of zombies roaming around Hollywood who are quick, smart, and can run fast. My zombies are Romero zombies who stumble around like lobotomy patients. They seem easy to push to the side with a staff and would most likely fall down because of an utter lack of coordination. A baseball bat wouldn't be enough force to debilitate zombie after zombie, and a machete would get tiring while on the run. So I went with a more subtle approach utilizing the chi or my body and acting the yang to the zombie's yin. Oh yeah, I'm incorporating kung fu movies into zombie defense.

I also left the surrounded people for dead, hoping that maybe they didn't see my caravan of pickups approaching, and so never realizing they might have had a chance at living. And no, at this point in life, God isn't watching. I don't have to worry about overt morals- just about keeping myself zombie free. Though I suppose even I'll turn into a zombie in time.... damn voodoo curse.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Scott

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 12:53:16 PM »

Well, the baseball bat is certain a good choice in a lot of situations. Not sure if this would stop a zombie unless the head came off I suppose.  What about the splash that the impact of a baseball bat might make?

Actually why does a bullitt to the head stop a zombie? It's all dead tissue.

Why does a zombie even need a head?

Re-animated by chemicals? Ok, but the head (brain?) doesn't have anything to do with it.

Just what makes them zombies tick? There must be a way to stop them ! ! !

I think this subject demands further attention.............................

raj

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 01:00:03 PM »

I got 77%.
Used a machette as the last weapon, it's the only thing that could decapitate a zombie, so that it couldn't bite you (I'd prefer a samuri sword, but that wasn't an option)
Baseball bat, you'd spend too much time hurting each zombie.  Pitchforks get stuck.
Threw some guns to the last 3 people.  At least they'll keep some zombies occupied while I get out.
Iced my friend.  He's a friend so I'm not going to use him as bait, but there's no chance to keep him from being a zombie, better to get it over with quick.
I probably should have saved the five people, there's strength in numbers, that's the one thing I'd do differently.
Scott

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 01:00:26 PM »

Chi wasn't even attempted in the film KUNG FU ZOMBIE !  What makes you think you could do it Scottie? As Kenneth Cohen says in his book THE WAY OF QIGONG  "the dead have no Chi", not that you couldn't attract or repulse zombies and other objects with your Chi. : )

What did everyone pick as a vehicle. I picked School bus because I thought I might have to drive through hordes of zombies.

raj

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 01:06:07 PM »

I picked pickup.  Schoolbuses are too big, zombies might climb aboard.  Though if I had a buch of other people, who were armed. . .
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 01:09:40 PM »

I got 55% and survived, barely. I picked the machete for its decapitation power over the baseball bat (though I think I'd rather emulate Uncle Les from Dead Alive and go through hordes of them with two cleavers. If I couldn't find a lawn mower, that is). For my vehicle, I chose a pickup for its offroad capability and its cargo area. As for my friend, I used him as bait, but only because he'd be noble like Ed from Shaun of the Dead (whether he wanted to be or not). I tried to help people throughout.

I think I'll go back and try being utterly ruthless and see what happens.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 01:28:50 PM »

I choose the pick up. Its a well round for carrying stuff and off road just in case.

-------------------------------------------------
Most of all I hate dancing then work, exercise, people,stupid people

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 02:15:08 PM »

My philosphy was that if they don't have, say legs, then its much easier to get away.  All my choices were based on that.  Flame guns an option?
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Scott

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 03:39:30 PM »

An armada of school buses could cover most of the same terrain as a pick up, more ammo, food, fuel, flamethrowers, dynamite, and people to help...................and it good for getting through hordes of zombies !

Also some of the extra people could grab some pick-ups and a motorbike could be strapped to the top of the bus along with some life rafts.

It's Road Warrior vs Zombies...................................

Post Edited (09-28-05 15:43)

odinn7

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 05:57:08 PM »

Uh-oh...Don't mention Road Warrior...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Zombie Scenario Survivor Test « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.