Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:56:53 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  chronicles of riddick.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: chronicles of riddick....  (Read 5192 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: October 01, 2005, 03:43:15 PM »

Without doubt the worst film I have seen in ages. This film is so bad it's not even good again. One long pointless action sequence for no reason, and offensively bad acting.

any opinions?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 04:23:50 PM »

Haven't seen it...

... but now I'm thinking it goes in the Netflix queue.

=)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 07:26:26 PM »

I love this movie.

It's fun sci-fi entertainment!
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 08:15:34 PM »

I enjoyed "Pitch Black," and I even bought it on DVD, but I always thought it was far from an intelligent sci-fi flick. "The Chronicles of Riddick" (the 'sequel' to "Pitch Black") took that lack of intelligence to a whole new level, making the franchise much too dumb for my liking. I only enjoyed TCOR in a B-movie way- barely.

I do remember TCOR being visually pleasing, however. It looked like a very expensive movie... I remember thinking how awesome it would've been if the Jim Henson company had that kind of money to throw at a "Farscape" movie. That franchise deserves the big screen treatment in a huge way- much more than a loser like Riddick/Diesel.

Post Edited (10-01-05 20:19)

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Ash

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 08:18:59 PM »

nobody wrote:

That franchise deserves
> the big screen treatment in a huge way- much more than a loser
> like Riddick/Diesel.

You know, without even thinking twice about it, Riddick would kill you for saying that!
LOL!
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 08:22:55 PM »

I don't think Riddick exists anymore. TCOR didn't do all that well in theaters. I doubt there'll be a sequel. But I'm not afraid. Send that chump my way. I may not be able to take him, but I'll at least break his pretty-boy goggles. :)

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 09:04:03 PM »

I also enjoyed PITCH BLACK, but CHRONICLES pretty much fails to deliver.  If Riddick is such a bad guy, why's he always so nice and helpful all the time?

Not that I hated the movie.  I've spent worse time watching movies.  In fact, I kind of enjoyed it, despite it's length.  The last shot was good.

Has anybody played the video game?  It's actually supposed to be really good.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Ash

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 11:25:34 PM »

The video game rules!
I played the hell out of it but never beat it.
One of these days I'll have to finish it.
dean

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 03:16:37 AM »

A friend of mine who works in a video game store [and kind of my 'go-to' guy on the topic of video games] also tells me that the video game is pretty darn good, but I haven't touched it myself.

I personally thought the movie was so-so.  It was the perfect opportunity to make a dark sci-fi film: like some one already said, why make Riddick so nasty and badass if he's nice to everyone?  On  promoting the film they called him an anti-hero, but he really didn't seem that way, just a really tough killer.

That being said it had some good concepts and ideas, its just a shame that the general plot and writing didn't step up to match the huge budget they had.

I also watched the Riddick cartoon, which was ok, but I liked it less than Chronicles of Riddick [which despite thinking was so-so, I still was entertained enough to think it wasn't a total pile of rubbish.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 08:08:39 PM »

PITCH BLACK was a different kind of film than CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK. Really liked the yellow tint look of PITCH BLACK and the whole eclipse/monster thing.

The CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK has a totally different look and I liked the idea of the armies in CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK. They just threw the Riddick character into this film. They didn't even have to use Riddick to make this story interesting.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 08:35:39 PM »

Riddick is not an anti-hero.  He is  a stereotypical western gunslinger type hero, or even in the ronin mold.  He has his own code of honour.  He isn't above killing but he prefers to do it on his own terms.  He is an anarchist, rejecting authority in any form and wants to be left alone.  Otherwise he would have been quite happy to become one of the necromongers and kill anyone who didn't convert.

I agree, the film didn't require Riddick.  It could have been anyone in that role.  There was very little similarity between this character and the one in Pitch Black.
Scott

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 08:39:24 PM »

Yea, the RIDDICK character is a good one and Vin Diesel is also good in the role.

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 12:35:25 PM »

depressed crack addict wrote:

> Without doubt the worst film I have seen in ages. This film is
> so bad it's not even good again.

You haven't seen many bad movies lately have you?  I watched HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND last week.  It makes RIDDICK look like CITIZEN KANE in comparison.
Scott

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 02:56:53 PM »

I liked HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND with the airliner crashing nose first into the water then to see all the models survive on a life raft. Wooooo.................now that's entertainment !

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 04:20:21 PM »

ATOR: THE FIGHTING EAGLE  makes any movie look like Citizen Kane.  I love bad movies but this one almost made me turn it off twice.  

Chronicles of Riddick is a decent movie.  Not great, but decent.  Just don't try to connect it with Pitch Black, even if there are several other returning actors besides Diesel.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  chronicles of riddick.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.