Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:51:36 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need Help for a movie Series...The Best endings/Twists of ALL time « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Need Help for a movie Series...The Best endings/Twists of ALL time  (Read 6087 times)
loyal1
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:37:48 PM »

I need to come up with the best 10 Twists in cinema history.  Of course there will be the mainstream movies such as The Sixth Sense, The Usual Suspects and such that will be on such a list, but I really want to come up with some greats that the average movie goer most likely hasn't seen.  There are some such as Psycho and Planet of the Apes that made their mark in cinema history for such a plot twist.  I want those types too.

Would love any input you could give.  Thanks!

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:50:59 PM »

Well, if the board is going to proceed with this subject, please please please make massive spoiler warnings.  I hate having movies spoiled for me.  So I'm including my obvious ones in the Subject line.

So anyway, two which are amusingly enough related.

SLEEPAWAY CAMP: Angela is a dude!

THE CRYING GAME: Dil is a dude!

There are a lot of twists in movies, but I wouldn't rank all of them as being very good.  Every Shyamalan movie past THE SIXTH SENSE has had a pretty lousy twist.  IDENTITY and THE OTHERS had twists that were twists, but don't deserve to be called the best of all time.

JACOB'S LADDER is a great twist, as well.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Neville

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 04:30:47 AM »

This twist endings have become sort of a plague lately. Thre's no lame modern movie without a plot twist at the end that tries to meke you believe it didn't suck, that it was a good movie instead. Ha!

Anyway, here's a couple of decent ones: The usual suspects has a great one, if the movie is not as sorpressive as it used to bewhen it was released; I showed it to a few friends not too much time ago and they all guessed it. Skeleton Key, if it is already on VHS / DVD has also a nice towist at the end.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 07:59:37 AM »

the end of diabolique, to original one, really freaked me out.  I don't want to spoil it.

Also, not a movie but the twist at the end of the first season of 24 was a trip.

akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 10:48:06 AM »

Yeah, the twist of The Usual Suspects might as well have been flashing on a huge billboard from the first few minutes on.  I saw it when it came out and when it was over, I was like, "Yeah?  And ... ?"

There is a movie called Shattered that has a pretty good twist.  I honestly was not expecting it and I won't be putting spoilers here.  Plus, Bob Hoskins is in it, so it's automatically worth a watch.

(I just remembered something else re: The Usual Suspects.  Mom and Dad rented it when it came out on VHS, and as soon as someone mentioned Keyser Soze, Dad pointed at Kevin Spacey and said, "There's Keyser Soze."  I hadn't told him about it and he'd never seen it before, lol.  Bah.  It was funny if you were there. :P)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mr. Hockstatter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 12:13:38 PM »

I'd definitely say Wild Things.  The whole movie is just on twist after another.  The one at the very end is is great, as are the 3 or 4 before that and the 10 or 12 before that.  And the 2 or 3 that take place as the credits roll are good too.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 09:16:51 PM »

Roller Blade (1985)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0089930/
Little Christopher discovers that Saticoy suffers from a downright bizarre affliction.
Stupid would be an understatement, but I guess that's what makes it so memorable.
"Tune thy instrument to the holy frequency!" - Ranger Goodman

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 09:33:43 PM »

The original Planet of the Apes

Possibly Soylent Green

Citizen Kane

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

The original Planet of the Apes, obviously yes.

Soylent Green? Absolutely.

Citizen Kane?  That's a tough one to call.  I lean towards no, despite the fact that it was an interesting resolution.

I saw the ending of Sixth Sense coming from somewhere in the middle of the movie.  But Unbreakable caught me by surprise.

The Grudge.  Not a typical Hollywood ending.

The Spanish Judges.  A nice twist.

Many of the murder mysteries based on Agatha Christie's work.

More to follow....
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 10:43:34 PM »

Spoiler

Happy Birthday To Me (1981).

Nothing has been more entertaining than discovering a girl has an evil twin who, for all this time, has been hanging in the shadows of her sister's more popular clique life, waiting for her to black out from a former accident, so she can kill off all her friends, and then have their dead corpses arranged in a birthday setting so the good one can come into the room and face the fear!! Awwwwww yeah!

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
dean

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 11:09:20 PM »

Scottie wrote:

> Spoiler
>
> Happy Birthday To Me (1981).
>
> Nothing has been more entertaining than discovering a girl has
> an evil twin who, for all this time, has been hanging in the
> shadows of her sister's more popular clique life, waiting for
> her to black out from a former accident, so she can kill off
> all her friends, and then have their dead corpses arranged in a
> birthday setting so the good one can come into the room and
> face the fear!! Awwwwww yeah!
>

Damn, now that's a great twist!  Very nice!!

Anyway I really liked the twist midway through Fifteen Minutes.  Very unexpected and a brave move considering the tone of the first half of the movie.  Not a twist ending, but a twist middle I guess you could say!

I reccommend that movie, the last half might fail a bit [well for the most part for me anyway] but it really is a great film.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 07:33:37 AM »

Session 9

The Others

Hide and Seek

Post Edited (10-10-05 07:35)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 10:32:09 AM »

Screamers

Maybe not a great twist but fiding out that both Becker and Jessica...and the teddy bear...were screamers was pretty cool

Post Edited (10-10-05 11:41)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Neville

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 05:49:26 PM »

I love "Screamers", and I actually like the twist ending a lot. It's quite ironic that Hendrikson, with all his good will, ends up packaging the plague to the ultimate responsibles of the situation (heads the spaceship to the San Francisco headquarters), and condemning himself for what probably is his only impulsive action in the whole movie.

Oh, and I don't know how this one hasn't been mentioned so far: John Carpenter's "In the mouth of madness". Hell of an ending.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 09:33:06 PM »

I remember there was a movie that was a twist but possibly the worst twist ever... April Fool's Day.

Someone mentioned movies that sucked getting a twist ending to make the movie seem good, this was one of those by a long shot!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need Help for a movie Series...The Best endings/Twists of ALL time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.