Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:04:48 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 5 BAD MOVIES « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 5 BAD MOVIES  (Read 8162 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: October 11, 2005, 08:59:53 PM »

my apologies if this thread has already been done to death....I'm fairly new here.

...but if you had to shortlist your top 5 bad movies (important point : bad meaning "good")

then what wouold you choose?

1. "The Wraith"

2. The Beast Must Die (1974)

3. "Roadhouse"

4. "The Terror" (this film needs a thread of it's own)

5. "Slugs"

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
dean

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 09:56:15 PM »

I hate choosing the top 5 of anything, so I'll just go with five Bad movies that I quite enjoy, some for their stupidity, others for their stupidity... :-P

*Death Race 2000
*Gettin' Lucky
*Deathstalker
*Braindead
*Masters of the Universe

Of course this is a relatively tame list.  I'm sure that some of the other members of this board can outline a few absolute crackers of a bad movie that achieves above and beyond [or far far below] the call of duty.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 12:32:41 AM »

I had a little trouble breaking it down, so I went with six. I hope you don't mind.

1) Galaxy of Terror (1981) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082431/
An interesting footnote in some otherwise stellar careers. Featuring that guy who played Martin the Martian and the former Joanie Cunningham, it also starred that guy who would go on to produce The Red Shoe Diaries and the man who would be Freddy. It’s also interesting to note some of the influences that G.O.T. had on the future films of Unit Director James Cameron. And of course, Sid Haig really stands out in this movie, getting the second best scene next to Taaffe O’Connell's encounter with an amorous maggot.

2) Huntress: Spirit of the Night (1995) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113361/
A cheesy skin flick with no plot, but well made with a decent soundtrack by Fuzbee Morse. Mostly written off as a rip-off of the Cat People, I think it rips-off from dozens of other movies. Particularly, it seems to rip-off other rip-offs of The Cat People. Aside from Jenna Bodnar’s hefty rack, I always enjoy watching this movie because I’m always noticing a new point of inspiration where I find myself saying “Gee, I wonder where they got THAT idea from.”

3) Webb Wilder’s Corn Flicks (1992) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373768/
Rockin’ Rollin’ hillbilly Private Eye Webb Wilder exudes attitude whilst dealing with various eccentric characters. Pretty good rockabilly soundtrack.

4) Pendragon’s War of the Worlds
Uh… Well, it’s not quite as bad those AIP flicks by Larry Buchannan.

5) Lady Terminator (1988) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095483/
Starts out as a cheesy story about ghosts & possession, then for no apparent reason turns into a hilarious terminator rip-off.

6) Santa Claus (1959) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053241/
A truly warped idea of the jolly fat guy up north. No Elves; instead, Santa runs the world’s biggest sweat shop. With his state of the art surveillance equipment, he becomes a voyeuristic creep. And when he gets to earth, it’s Santa vs. Satan.

Well, not exactly everyone's cup of tea, hence my signature:

Post Edited (10-13-05 01:17)

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Deantje
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 04:36:14 AM »

Any De Niro flick of the last coupla years SUCKED swimming pool sludge. The two Meet...-movies, Hide & seek (although Dakota always makes me go "Awww"!)and that absolutely awful Godsend. Lord, did that ever put me to sleep! Those weren't "good" bad, they were just an insult.
Neville

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 05:05:51 AM »

Hey, you didn't mention "Showtime". Of course, it could be because it hardly qualifies as a movie. My list, anyway.

1) Duck soup. What? Not a bad movie? C'on, it makes no sense at all, but every minute is a laughing riot.

2) Screamers (1995), a quite clever Philip K. Dick adaptation starring Peter Weller.

3) Tank Girl. Mad Max spoof, one-liners galore and Malcolm McDowell. See my reader review here for more details.

4) Death Race 2000. Probably the closest thing to a Roadrunner cartoon on live action ever made. Plus it has a pre-buff Stallone.

5) Dagon. A great H.P. Lovecraft adaptation by the makers of "Re-animator".

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 07:31:33 AM »

My top lists usually change based on mood and right now it's 'horror' so here is what I'm going with now:

Maniac- A true work of art. This is now and will always be my favorite slasher movie. Basically, it's what all others should be judged by.

Dead Alive- Who couldn't like this movie? With such quotable quotes as: "I kick arse for the Lord!" and "Your mother ate my dog!", it's just too wonderful.

Dr. Butcher- There is just so much wrong with this movie that it's great. Aside from that, you can't beat killing a zombie with an outboard motor.

Hills Have Eyes- Michael Berryman at his finest(?).

Wrong Turn- Ok, it's not art but it is a fun film as far as I'm concerned. To me it's almost a throwback to what 70's and early 80's horror movies were all about. A group of disfigured freaks living in the woods just waiting to terrorize people and aside from that, Eliza looks hot in this one. I gotta ask, where could you go wrong?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
dean

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 08:23:40 AM »

odinn7 wrote:

> Wrong Turn- Ok, it's not art but it is a fun film as far
> as I'm concerned. To me it's almost a throwback to what 70's
> and early 80's horror movies were all about. A group of
> disfigured freaks living in the woods just waiting to terrorize
> people and aside from that, Eliza looks hot in this one. I
> gotta ask, where could you go wrong?
>

Plenty of Wrong in that film.  Went and saw this at the cinemas with my girlfriend and ended up laughing the entire time [and probably annoying all the other people in the place, which really wasn't that many]

I thought it was absolutely terrible, and as such I couldn't help laughing at every single part of it: the wacky freak who keeps 'manically laughing' to inspire horror just seemed like comic relief and we kept laughing whenever he made an appearance.

I guess it's like you said: it was a throwback to 70's and 80's horror films.  Just so silly...  Gore effects were pretty nice though, I have to admit.

[and yes, Eliza did look hot, but I don't think it was enough to save the film for me]

After leaving the cinema I was on 'movie probation' since it was my choice and I, therefore, had lost a heap of points to the 'you're an idiot' section of our relationship.  It took a while to redeem myself from that one.

Oh and Neville, I totally agree: Tank Girl ROCKS!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 08:54:44 AM »

1) Pink Flamingos
2) Cannibal the Musical
3) Freaked
4) Dead ALive
5) Basket Case
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 11:01:07 AM »

In no particular order:

Tank Girl (I've annoyed friends with this one several times, but it's one even my wife enjoys, and she doesn't usually like any of "my" movies).

Mom and Dad Save the World (Unfairly compared to movies like Dumb and Dumber or Meet the Stupids, this movie is fun and has the nice background message that "old married folk" can be very much in love even when they don't act like it on the surface).

Dead Alive (See all the above comments from others).

Josie and the p***ycats (Don't know why I like it, but I can't help but sit through the whole thing whenever it's on. Same thing with Undercover Brother).

Forbidden Zone (Totally whacked out odd-fest, but one I absolutely love).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 03:42:18 PM »

1. The Stuff (1985) - I do believe any movie that features stuff sliming out of the ground and then markets it as "one lick is never enough" has got to be great! Check out the banner on this site. Plus writer/director Larry Cohen actually went on to have a successful career, writing both Phone Booth (2002) and Cellular (2004).

2. Space Mutiny (1988) - I did see this on Mst3K first, but I later got the original and it is so much funnier when you can make fun of the movie yourself. This movie has so much fodder for humor, my friends and I have been watching it regularly since high school.

3. Panther Squad (1984) - Sybil Danning stars as the head of an elite task force of women commandos in charge of retrieving a secret ray gun stolen by middle eastern terrorists. The ray gun turns you into a negative image and then you disappear. It's as cheesy as you can get.

4. Any movie where Tom Savini does the makeup, like Maniac, The Prowler, Day of the Dead, Friday the 13th, etc...

5. Bruce Lee's Ways of Kung Fu (1982) - I made the mistake of becoming involved with Godfrey Ho's work a number of years ago. This was my first taste and it was poison. However I made it out alive of this so called "movie," and it left me with one message to the world-- do not watch Godfrey Ho movies. His style of moviemaking involves taking unreleased Phillipino or Thailandese movies and filming small sections of action involving American actors and linking them together as a semi-coherent story through dubbing and conspicuous editing. The result is mind numbing. Often his ninjas wear headbands with the words "NINJA" spelled out across the forehead. They wear white outfits. They disappear into thin air. Their weapons also disappear into thin air. Backflips are an effective way of avoiding bullets. Characters don't necessarily have to speak to each other to be good friends. The list goes on.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 04:28:41 PM »

Tough to say (my list is constantly changing), but a few that come to mind are:

*  JESUS CHRIST, VAMPIRE HUNTER
*  SGT. KABUKIMAN, NYPD (great theme song!)
*  PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE (of course)
*  THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE
*  THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 04:39:13 PM »

1.Roadhouse- I'm not a big fan, but even I have to give this one a nod. Nobody puts baby in the corner.

2. Army of Darkness- Sam Raimi+ Bruce Campbell= good action with a sense of humor.

3. Altered States- basically a contemporary remake of Monster On The Campus, but with trippy visuals... the movies of the fifties might be cooler if they were trippy (imagine Creature from the Black Lagoon with songs like Comfortably Numb on the soundtrack).

4. The Manster- Jekyll & Hyde, Nippon style. Chunky, alcoholic token American Larry Stanford comes to Japan, but since Raymond Burr beat him to the Godzilla phenom, Larry was forced to do a story on mad scientists... the rest is bad makeup effects and a fake head... see if you notice a scene that was later inspiration for a moment in Army of Darkness...

5. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla- The bulk of the old Godzilla films were rather haphazard, and most of the recent films (particularly the ones from the 1990's) are just too dull. But this 1970's grudgematch manages to capture imagination, action and just the right amount of pyro that makes the Godzilla franchise more than just a bizzare cultural export. "I would never have guessed that the monster could be Godzilla!" WTF?!?!

daveblackeye15

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 08:04:06 PM »

No order really. (a few minor spoilers)

The Toxic Avenger. It works well as (gross) humor but I a like it for action. The fight in the Taco Resturant is my favorite part.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space: Awesome comedy horror. The clown's powers are so cool and I think the makers did a play on just about every one.

Basket Case: I saw this about two or three years ago but I remember loving it. So much gore. I really liked the way the father was killed , and it's kind of funny. I jumped out of my seat a bit when we got the first good look at the monster.

The Deadly Spawn: Great main monster movie, complete with blood and a good comenetary. I wanted to see it for about two years and the wait was worth it.

Now this last one I'm not so sure of.

Alien Warriror

I'm not sure if I totattly hate it because it's so dumb and done so poorly. Or if I'm fasinated by it's sheer crapness. Or I'm just dumbfounded by how stupid it is.

I mean I've watched it at least four times. No  other movie this crappy has ever gotten that much attention from me.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 08:21:19 PM »

Hearts and Armour - nothing beats a spaghetti crusade movie.  How can a movie fail when there is a guy in it wearing an armoured chicken suit ?  I can talk about this movie for hours....

She - when they say it's based on the E Rider Haggard novel, they forget the words 'extremely loosely'.  Xenon is the best part of the movie.

The Raven - Boris Karloff, Vincent Price, Peter Lorre and Jack Nicholson, all in the same movie.  What more could you ask for?

The 7th voyage of Sinbad - cheesy acting, cheesy dialogue and a paper thin plot but cutting edge stop motion animation by the original master of the craft, Ray Harryhausen

The Magic Sword - cheese on a grand scale. Basil Rathbone must have been starving.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 10:17:48 PM »

thanks, nice lists/descriptions. I've hardly seen any of these films btw... I'm a relative newbie to the world of bad films etc...

" Often his ninjas wear headbands with the words "NINJA" spelled out across the forehead. "

^ LOL , that takes the biscuit.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 5 BAD MOVIES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.