Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:49:50 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Question for Everyone « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A Question for Everyone  (Read 6705 times)
Scotty Xtreme
« on: January 03, 2002, 05:45:38 PM »

Your are in your local video store.  A certain video catches your eye.  You pick it up and out pops a genie.  He will grant you three wishes under one condition.  The wishes are for what three movies you would like to see  Special Edition DVDs made of.  The DVD will contain the movie(of course) and tons of really cool stuff(interviews, deleted scenes, ect., ect.) What movies would you pick?  My choices would be:

1. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, because I don't even think it is on DVD
2. Dead Alive, with the scences that haven't been released on the American VHS versions.
3. UHF, just because I loved that movie and it isn't on DVD that I know of
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 07:17:53 PM »

You'll be pleased to know that UHF will be released on DVD several months from now. From what I heard, there will be some extra stuff thrown in besides the movie and the trailer.
KingVidor
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 07:28:28 PM »

1. Revenge of the Cheerleaders (very over the top, hasselhoff's first)
2. Black Magic  (THE late night 70's kung fu movie w/ no kung fu)
3. Anna Kournikova exercise video
Andrew
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2002, 08:31:19 PM »

Well, since there is magic involved anything is possible right?

Nosferatu (1922)
For this one I want commentaries, interviews, any lost footage, and a fully restored print.

Plan 9 from Outer Space
Commentary track by Tor and Ed Wood!  More stock footage of Bela!  The chiropractor being interviewed while cracking a back!  A techno-dance video edited from the film by Ed Wood!  Gimme!

Can I please, please, please ask for a special edition box set?

No?  Well, I'm going to any darn way.

All of Toho's monster movies, in a special edition box set.  The Japanese version of the movie on one side, the American version on the other.  Interviews, behind the scenes pictures, commentaries.  Sometimes I go to bed praying for this to happen.

Andrew
Darkstar
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2002, 07:53:17 AM »

I'd have:

1) Street Trash - With good extras this time and without the opening show party.

2) Something Wicked This Way Comes - Showing that Disney can make good movies.

3) The Vindicator (aka Frankenstein '88) - with Pam Grier on the commentary.
Will
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2002, 10:11:25 AM »

I want Street Trash also.

Cemetery Man
Daughter of Darkness (other Soavi movie)
Four Flies on Grey Velvet
The Psychic (Fulci)
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2002, 01:06:13 PM »

There is a Nosferatu special edition; it's got commentary, a few different scores, a featurette about the locations it was shot at, and some other stuff (It's been a whike since I've played it),

As for me, let's see here:

1) Corman's "Little Shop of Horrors," in its first decent release... well, ever! It'd have a cleaned up print, commentary by Corman, Jonathan Haze, Dick Miller, Jackie Joseph, and Mel Welles, any trailers or promotional materials, any deleted scenes (though I doubt Corman would let anything hit the cutting room floor), and anything else of interest. (MGM, are you listening to me?)

2) "Rat Pfink A Boo Boo": Commentary on this one would be a must, to find out just what Steckler was thinking when he made the mother of all plot twists. Interviews with Steckler and Brandt would be nice too-- either new or archival (I know there are some out there).

3) I'll put in a vote for the Godzilla set, too-- I'd love to see the uncut versions on something other than fifth-generation bootlegs for a change.
Lee
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2002, 03:18:35 PM »

Let's see:
-Encounter of The Spooky Kind-(Sammo Hung in a true classic) must have a commentary and behind the scenes documentary.
-The Hills Have Eyes- the commentary would have a part in it where Wes talks about why he is at his best when he is being strange and disturbing.
-The Younge Master-I'm sure Jackie would have a lot to say about this early classic of his.
 Many others I would like to see so I guess I would also wish for more wishes so I could also see special editions of: Last House On The Left, Night Of The Creeps, Re-Animator, and The Beastmaster just to name a few more.
Darkstar
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2002, 03:43:59 PM »

Encounters Of The Spooky Kind - Special Edition is out in the uk with a load of extras:

Scene Access
Interactive Menus
Photo Galleries
Digitally Remastered
Feature Length Audio Commentary with Hong Kong Cinema Expert Bey Logan and Director/Star Sammo Hung
Trailer Gallery
Interview Gallery with Sammo Hung
Vermin Boy
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2002, 08:44:11 PM »

There's already a Re-Animator disc out there that's about as special as I would imagine it could be: Two commentary tracks (one with the director, one with the cast), All the scenes that were added for the R-rated version, a scene that was even cut from that, and trailers (also w/ commentary). It was out of print for a while, but now you can find it at most places.
A.C. Snob
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2002, 09:01:02 PM »

Massacre at Central High-one of the greatest films ever made.

The Thing from Another World-its fiftieth anniversary came and went without ANYTHING special done to commemorate it-no DVD, no special articles in any magazines I came by, nothing.

Ugetsu-the greatest of all Japanese fantasy films (doesn't it count as a horror film?)
Lee
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2002, 12:30:40 AM »

Sounds cool Darkstar but I'm not in the U.K. and last I heard, their DVDs weren't compatible with our players.
Lee
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2002, 12:32:39 AM »

Hey Vermin, would you happen to know where I could find a copy of the Re-Animator S.E.? If you could thanks!
Brian Ringler
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2002, 07:41:36 AM »

I've always wanted to see Summer Camp Nightmare get a Dvd release, Wacko would also be a great dvd but only if Andrew Dice Clay and Joe Don Baker would do commentary, and lastly The Legend of Billy Jean (another of my guilty pleasure movies).
Darkstar
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2002, 11:58:01 AM »

What type of player have you got ??

The thing about US DVD's are that you've got the better share when it comes to extras,sound and content, thats why a lot of UK DVD owners import movies. However sometimes we get gems like Sammo Hung movies uncut with loads of extras that you can't get anywhere else (also see Lam Ching Ying,Jackie Chan and Jet Lee movies)

Also most UK players have build in NTSC - PAL60 converters because we share the same region code as Japan.

Search out the Hong Kong region 0 version, that should be compatable.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Question for Everyone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.