Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:37 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Question for Everyone « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A Question for Everyone  (Read 6678 times)
Flangepart
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2002, 12:51:13 PM »

Ooh,ohh, what Andrew and Vermin said about Toho! Perfection! Me want!.....second, As a genie is involved, how about a DVD of The Dirty Dozen, with commentary by Lee Marvin, Cassavetes, Bronson and Brown, and bloopers, and outtakes and alt. Scenes,oh my.........and third, a double feature of Giant Claw and Kronos, with cast commentary.....he he he...lets hear what Jeff Morrow had to say about the big bird and the killer Kelvinator!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2002, 01:24:50 PM »

Just check your local record store/Media Play/Best Buy, chances are you'll find it. If those don't work, I'm pretty sure CDNow carries it (but not, for some reason, Amazon). Good luck!
Lee
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2002, 07:21:26 PM »

It's a Samsung. I checked on the back and it said it was a region 1. I hate region coding.
Darkstar
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2002, 08:19:23 PM »

I've got a samsung 709, most samsung's have a region hack built into them the most famous being the All-For-One/AIWA remote hack but there is a hack you can do with the remote you get with you machine.

The region resets itself if you apply a cold start on your machine (holding play and stop on the machine) this also resets all the settings to the factory state.

heres the hack:

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/full/thomson3300.asp

I've used it on my Region 2 709 and it works fine, it also disables Macrovision when set to region 9, the downside is on region 9 you can't use RCE disks.
J.R. Weber
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2002, 01:19:36 AM »

UHF will be on DVD this summer on a fully-loaded disc with Weird Al's complete cooperation (commentary?)! YYYESSS!!
Lee
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2002, 02:36:37 PM »

This is very good news. About time this flick gets the DVD treatment. Hopefully there will be some nice extras(I'm sick of dishing out $20+ for DVDs when they have ZERO extras.
Phantom 187
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2002, 02:50:00 AM »

Star Wars Trilogy Platinum DVD Box set, w or w/o cg option, with bloopers, with ability to add the lost scenes on tatooine with bigs and others etc. with Lucus transcript and original conceptual drawings layered on, soundtrack removal, scene manipulation.

Up in smoke with actor commentary by cheech and chong high.

Gummo with deleted scene.

Kevin
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2002, 03:49:42 AM »

It's well-nigh impossible to narrow it down to just three, but I'll try...

The Thing (1951), mentioned earlier, is a good choice near the top of my list. It would help me forget the Carpenter version.  Of wait, I just forgot it again. ;)

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) is coming out soon anyway, or so I've heard. The finest sf film ever made deserves the royal treatment on DVD.

And just for fun, Them (1954) would be nice to have on DVD, since all I have is a crappy VHS copy from cable.  The best of the big bug movies (apologies to my old friend Bert I. Gordon)!

What would really be fun is a bunch of the hard-to-come-by 1950's Roger Corman AA titles, like Not of the Earth, War of the Satellites, Attack of the Crab Monsters, etc.  But as my wife would say, "Dream on, MacDuff." :/

Cheers,

Kevin
Darkstar
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2002, 10:45:52 AM »

Plus Lucas could do some new scenes for the trilogy, with Jar-Jar's grandchildren
and a whole new song and dance routine.

ha ha ha
Flangepart
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2002, 11:38:32 AM »

I like your list,too, Kev. Those could make good double features. Two movies, like Them and Black Scorpion, and trailers included. Yeah....at least we can dream.....
BlackAngel
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2002, 12:10:10 PM »

I seen this movie, but I would like to see the triolgy of Indiana Jones with interviews and the history behind all the artifacts in all three movies.

The first ever Hip-Hop movie Crush Groove with a where are they now segment on most of the performers.

And a DragonHeart series.  Just cause I like the first one
ssvegita
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2002, 06:40:30 PM »

Mine would be:

1. Carnosaur 3: Primal Species
2. American Werewolf in London
3. Pretty Woman................................ Just kidding, it would be ................................................................................................... Screamers
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Question for Everyone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.