Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:32:27 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What happened to Dante's Inferno & All Nite Video Store? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happened to Dante's Inferno & All Nite Video Store?  (Read 7889 times)
Warren H.
« on: March 18, 2001, 09:40:49 PM »

It hasn't been working for a few days now.  Go to members.tripod.com/Dante001/index.htm and see if it comes up for you.  I hope it isn't gone without any warning, it was my favorite bad movie site. (sorry, Andrew)  If you know what's going on, please let me know.
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2001, 10:14:58 PM »

No offense taken Warren.  Mike (Dante) dropped an email off this morning that was troubled.  It seems that Tripod killed his page for TOS violations (a spammer was using his email address).  They (Tripod) obviously didn't check the headers and didn't apply common sense. We're all waiting for further information right now.

So long as he is willing to continue I'm certain the Inferno will survive.  A few of the b-masters have offered to host the site.

Andrew
Greywizard
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2001, 11:23:38 PM »

Mike told me what happened to him, too. Hopefully, he can get the Inferno back up soon, since I always look forward to his reviews. I told him that I'd be willing to ask the Stomp Tokyo folks if they could add him to Bad Movie Planet.
Nathan
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2001, 12:32:45 PM »

No!  Andrew and I have each already made overtures -- the Stompers have to wait in line!

Nathan
Dr. Freex
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2001, 01:16:43 PM »

Some of you have already been updated by Mike, but I'll make this available to the public, too.  It seems that Mike was not the only the person hosed by Tripod last weekend:  a whole slew of sites vanished overnight.  Apparently most of them were fanfiction.  There's a page up at:  http://cerulia.net/tripod

Mike has, understandably, severed all ties with Tripod and is looking for a new home.  And as he said, it's a good excuse to finally work on that re-design.
Abby
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2001, 02:27:57 PM »

It appears as if political Tripod sites were axed along with entertainment-based web efforts:

YAHOO STORY

Creepy, but I dunno ... I never trusted those freebie servers. They were bound to start censoring content sooner or later. Or at least limiting the type of sites they carry ... seeing how many of these freebie web space providers aren't doing so hot financially.

Besides, 'Free Speech' is a misnomer. From my experience, 'Free Speech' is usually rather pricey.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2001, 04:33:39 PM »

Man. Hope things work out for the Inferno. Don't go in for hard languare myself, but he's still a great reviewer. If it gives him a chance to update the site, this may be a good thing. Maby add Vid Caps,too. Hummm, Mike's our Army guy,Andrew has the Marine turf...okey, where's Navy and Air Force?  Anyway, it woulden't be the same without Dante. Stay cool,Dude.
Abby
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2001, 08:30:38 PM »

There is a press statement now floating around saying a glitch at Tripod erased all of the sites, and they plan to restore most. Apparently, they were trying to target ToS violaters (for conduct, not content), but ended up erasing innocents.

That's the OFFICIAL word.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »

in other words, its a goat screw,and no one wants to be the first to bleet.
Abby
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2001, 02:08:10 AM »

Well, the Video Store is again open for business.

**Note to self: Link Dante from Girdler. He's got a Grizzly review. A funny one, at that.**
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What happened to Dante's Inferno & All Nite Video Store? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.