Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:22:24 PM
714224 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Creepiest non-human villian? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Creepiest non-human villian?  (Read 4204 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 10:04:07 PM »

I'd have to say, "The Thing".  (Carpenter's.)

It does worse than eat you, it eats you and then BECOMES you.

Gah.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2005, 10:59:28 PM »

The animal monsters (Jaws, Cujo) aren't really creepy in my book.  They didn't make my flesh creep or skin crawl (which isn't exactly the same thing)  As far as natural creatures are concerned, any movie with cockroaches as the villain should be added, I think,

and the japanese vengence demon from The Grudge.  Like the Blob, it is unstoppable and there is no escape.
Squeakmiester 3000
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 12:20:20 AM »

the body snatchers. Origanal movie. I don't know why, but that movie scares the s**t out of me. The remake made them too gross and animalistic, with the goo, and the shreiking. The origanals body snatchers were scary because they were cold, sterile, and emotionless. that was what really creeped me out. the remake tried just showing sort of icky things, and having the body snatchers be scary, not creepy. And thats why remakes suck.
dean

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 07:46:12 AM »

Squeakmiester 3000 wrote:

> the body snatchers. Origanal movie. I don't know why, but that
> movie scares the s**t out of me. The remake made them too gross
> and animalistic, with the goo, and the shreiking. The origanals
> body snatchers were scary because they were cold, sterile, and
> emotionless. that was what really creeped me out. the remake
> tried just showing sort of icky things, and having the body
> snatchers be scary, not creepy. And thats why remakes suck.

Well I guess that's where opinions differ: Whilst I liked the cold emotionless clones of the original, I preffered the icky shrieking clones of the remake.  Scared the crap outta me looking at someone wide-eyed shrieking at the un-converted.

What I never got about the body snatchers films is that whole 'gotta stay awake' attitude, even when they were out of the normal areas as if as soon as one of them falls asleep a pod is going to pop out of nowhere and clone them.  It always seemed a little silly to me.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 08:32:34 AM »

The monster from Jeepers Creepers is a great concept and if it was real, would be quite a scary thing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr. Hockstatter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 11:21:34 AM »

That thing in Bone Snatcher.  A bunch of ants took a human skeleton and animated it using their bodies.  One guy is looking at this thing walking around, aiming at it through his rifle scope, and it turns and looks at him - that was really cool.
Squeakmiester 3000
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 01:59:41 PM »

dean wrote:

> Squeakmiester 3000 wrote:
>
> > the body snatchers. Origanal movie. I don't know why, but
> that
> > movie scares the s**t out of me. The remake made them too
> gross
> > and animalistic, with the goo, and the shreiking. The
> origanals
> > body snatchers were scary because they were cold, sterile,
> and
> > emotionless. that was what really creeped me out. the remake
> > tried just showing sort of icky things, and having the body
> > snatchers be scary, not creepy. And thats why remakes suck.
>
> Well I guess that's where opinions differ: Whilst I liked the
> cold emotionless clones of the original, I preffered the icky
> shrieking clones of the remake.  Scared the crap outta me
> looking at someone wide-eyed shrieking at the un-converted.
>  
> What I never got about the body snatchers films is that whole
> 'gotta stay awake' attitude, even when they were out of the
> normal areas as if as soon as one of them falls asleep a pod is
> going to pop out of nowhere and clone them.  It always seemed a
> little silly to me.
>

That was pretty silly, but really the entire film didn't make sense as a real thing. It was all more like a dream really, and I know that been said many times but it's true. the entire idea is sort of surreal.  And even if it doesn't really make sense, it sure is scary
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 10:59:17 AM »

I have to go with the Thing also. As written in the original story it digested you and then regurgitated a copy, leaving it's original mass unchanged.  Eeeeeeewww!!

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 02:14:55 PM »

Okay, the original Body Snatchers were a little creepy, the 1970's versions were better, Chirstopher Walken's Headless Horseman seemed really nasty, and the Blair Witch held her own...

But John Carpenter's Thing definitly beats them all hands down. What really creeped me out about the monster was this thought... what if, when the monster absorbs someone, it leaves them so intact that they are actually unaware they've become it, so that if you were absorbed, you'd just keep going through the motions of being you, until something set your cells off, and suddenly your head splits open and become a venus flytrap type of lifeform...

On another note, I always found the Alien overrated. Ugly and insectlike, but way overrated.

LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 02:36:23 PM »

I'm going to have to go with HAL as well. When I was a kid, it really freaked me out about what he does to Frank. My other choice is the werewolf in 'An American Werewolf in London'. I still have a hard time watching David's transformation because 1) it looks like it hurts worse than any pain you could feel in the depths of hell and 2) the simple fact that you feel so sorry for the poor guy because he is turning into something completely foreign from himself that he can't control.

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 02:44:39 PM »

I actually liked HAL; I found myself wishing "he" and Dave had both gone-separatly- to Jupiter and into transformations. I got the feeling Dave was battered far more psychologically than physically; his mind and perspective took the brunt of the blow, which in turn translated to his aging. His "death" was more like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon than the final shutting down of his feeble being. The only thing I liked about 2010 was his cameo appearance.

LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 02:59:15 PM »

I was talking about David in 'An American Werewolf In London', but you have some great points about Dave Bowman.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 07:19:40 PM »

David almost by definition is not the villian of America Werewolf.  He is the movie's hero and a victim.....
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2005, 02:12:48 PM »

Yeah, David isn't the villian. But the werewolf really isn't David, is it?

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2005, 10:10:41 PM »

Interesting question.

Is the werewolf the villian while David is the victim?

My personal opinion is that the villagers are more the villians than the werewolf.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Creepiest non-human villian? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.