Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:25:55 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Another question for Netflix users « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another question for Netflix users  (Read 1837 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« on: October 21, 2005, 09:49:39 AM »

My wife was doing some checking before we sign onto Netflix, and found some site (I was not here, so I don't know the link) on which folks were complaining about the service: long delays between deliveries, receiving scratched disks, etc.  The general notion was the that initially after sign-up, the service was very good, but that it degraded over time.

Has this been your experience?  Are these users' experiences typical, or are they simply the vocal complaints of those who happen to have had poor service?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Fearless Freep

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 10:36:36 AM »

Probably vocal complaints.  I've been with NetFlix since last Decemeber and I occasionally get a broken disk or a day delay on a delivery but given that they mail them in paper wrappers, I'm not really surprised if they suffer the randomness of mail.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 12:03:13 PM »

Fearless Freep wrote:

> Probably vocal complaints.  I've been with NetFlix since last
> Decemeber and I occasionally get a broken disk or a day delay
> on a delivery but given that they mail them in paper wrappers,
> I'm not really surprised if they suffer the randomness of mail.

Yeah same here. It rare to get a broken disc and even more rare to get it late.

-------------------------------------------------
Most of all I hate dancing then work, exercise, people,stupid people

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 01:36:21 PM »

Luckily, there is a service center where I live, so I get my discs very fast - 1/2 a day (say I order the night before, sometimes it's there the next day) to no more than 2 days. I've only had one problem with cracked discs, and that was recently when I rented 'The Beyond'. 2 discs of 'The Beyond' in a row were beyond repair, but they replaced them promply and without question. For DVDs, I'm having much better luck renting them through Netfix than I ever did with either Blockbuster or Hollywood. (Although, I still go to Hollywood to rent old OOP VHS tapes.)

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 01:56:05 PM »

The majority of disks are fine.  I've received some that are a bit worse for wear, but you can get them replaced.  I've also received cracked disks, but Netflix replaces those as well and has never given me a problem.

I live in Phoenix, and the quickest turnaround is about 2 days.  However, I've noticed that Netflix does no work on the weekend.  So if I drop a movie in the mail on Friday, they don't process it or send out a new disc until Monday rolls around, which is irritating.

I've been a member for over five years and I will report there has been no degradation of service.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 08:18:11 PM »

I've been a member since May, and I've no problems whatsoever.  I have a very fast turnaround, no more than two days, and I've received one broken disc, which they replaced, no questions asked.  
I love my Netflix.  Love it love it love it.  So much better than Hastings or Blockbuster, which have rented out to other people on my account, and caused me to get snotty letters and bills because they've never returned the items.  Yes.  I adore Netflix.

Amanda
dean

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 12:27:22 AM »

With Quickflix, our Netflix equivalent, the service has been pretty good, and I have only recieved a couple of films which were un-readable/cracked, and that wasn't a problem.

Also their website is set up so you can check a box on which DVDs you are returning, that way they can send them off before you even return them, which means even quicker service.  Of course this sometimes means I forget to return them and suddenly I have 6 DVDs instead of 3, but I really should return them when I say I am.

So far I haven't been in any trouble about that so I'd have to say that our service is pretty good.  But like I said on the other Netflix thread, its just a little too expensive for what it is, I think at least.  Not sure about the alternatives like Netflix though.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 07:09:08 AM »

My only problem is delivery times.  When I first signed up, their database wouldn't take my address, stating that it is not a vaild US Postal address.

Yet I receive mail there everyday.

I eventually tracked down a customer support number, which are strangely hidden once you are a member.  I called, and the rep added my address in the database.

Then it took nearly a week to receive my DVDs.  It's been uneven ever since.  Sometimes it will take two days, and others it will take over a week.  The Netflix distro center for my state is only a couple hours away.  When I return the DVDs, it only takes 1 day.

I emailed Netflix about this and they told me to try a PO Box or a work address which I will not do.  I'm hoping the delivery times will eventually go down.  If they do not, then I will switch to some other netbased rental company.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Another question for Netflix users « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.