Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:35:31 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is this cannibal movie!?!?! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is this cannibal movie!?!?!  (Read 1626 times)
spacejockey
New Visitor

« on: October 24, 2005, 12:53:58 AM »

I've been trying to locate a movie for years, and can't figure out what it is! My wife and I(before we were married), were out one night at a club, and on our way home decided to stop in at a local drive-in for.... anyway, the first movie had already begun, and we weren't there to watch any of the films, but while in the back seat I remember listening to this movie. From what I gather, it was about a family of cannibals, that when they ate someone, I remember hearing quick sound effects of sloppy eating, and within a few seconds the person was eaten. The only thing I remember was something about a female member of the family who was seeing this man, who apparently he didn't "fit in". He did  later in the film I assume, because by the end of the film we were finished doing our business, and I remember looking up after hearing the "chomp chomp chomp" sounds, and saw the camera pan back from the face of a guy who I believe was the girl's father, slowly revealing his body that was nothing but bones.This was obviously some sort of dark comedy, but I can't figure out what it was for the life of me. The other movie playing with it was a movie with I think Clint Eastwood and Charlie Sheen who, at the very beginning of the film, drive a car off the top, or through, a building that's exploding behind them. I think this was a movie called "The Rookie" or something(we left before watching any more of it...), so the cannibal film was probably made the same year. If ANYONE knows what this is, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE let me know!! I'd love to watch it again, or for the first time lol!

T.R.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:06:08 AM »

It sounds like the movie "Parents" but I could be wrong. Check here to see if this is it: http://imdb.com/title/tt0098068/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 08:52:08 AM »

Yeah, I'm with Odinn7 on this one.  It does sound quite a bit like Parents.  I recall seeing it in the mid 90s and liking it quite a bit.  Decent little black comedy with a great performance by Randy Quaid and directed by the always great Bob Balaban.

Worth checking out, and I might just revisit it myself.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
spacejockey
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 11:02:15 AM »

It definitely wasn't Parents, there was no cooking involved, just a really quick "slurp chomp munch" and nothing was left but extremeties and bones. I've been haunted for years by the final scene where the camera pulls back from this guy's face, his eyes darting around in surprise as he's still conscious, revealing his meatless body sitting in a dining room chair. I'm in the process of contacting a the Courier Journal newspaper in Louisville, KY to see if I can get some archive papers from 1994, and see if I can find the movie listings of that time to see what it was. It should be advertised in the newspaper as playing at the drive in, along with The Rookie. Might take a while to hunt it down but I won't stop until I do!

T.R.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 11:30:06 PM »

sounds like a part in "my Boyfriends back" but it's not the ending its like the middle and part of a dream sequence
spacejockey
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 12:35:13 AM »

Hey!! That's the most promissing movie I've seen yet! It fits the time period too, I bet that might be it. Did you actually see the movie, and was the dream sequence you mentioned similar to the scene I described, where the camera pulls back on a guy's face and it shows his body that's basically nothing but bones? It may have been in the middle lol, it was a pretty crazy night lol. I had quite a few beers in me and was dancing all night at a club, then had a wild time in the back seat, so I wasn't paying much atention to the film, it was more like background noise than anything else. I did hear it though, and for some reason it's stuck in my mind. One of those movies that you remember seeing part of or hearing about and always wanted to know what it was. I have a few of those I'm always trying to hunt down, this one was at the top of the list as of a few days ago, the top one being an old made for TV movie called "The World Beyond", AKA the Mud Monster, that I remember seeing as a kid and could never forget, just couldn't remember what it was called. I'll post an update once I get a copy of this movie and watch it, I really apreciate the help SaintMort, and everyone else who was willing to waste their time reading what I wrote! :D

sj
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is this cannibal movie!?!?! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.