Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:33:35 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Exotic Meats « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: OT: Exotic Meats  (Read 15071 times)
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »

Speaking of exotic seafood, has anyone sought out a nice filet of coelacanth?

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2005, 05:16:27 PM »

Mmmmmm, coelacanth.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2005, 06:35:42 PM »

It's too bad this fish doesn't end up on some other kind of website dedicated to even more exotic foods. We'll call it the Special Appetite Club, similar to the one found in The Freshman with Matthew Broderick. But, I bet if we traveled to Indonesia, where the fish was first rediscovered, we could get some. At the time of its rediscovery, local fishermen had been harvesting it for years and it was not at all uncommon to eat. I think we need to reintroduce the world to this delicacy. You know, the reason it almost went extinct to begin with is because it was so tasty, it would try to eat itself. It only came to our attention again when scores of Indonesian fishermen drowned at once trying to catch and eat this fish and were bitten by the coelacanth's themselves defending their tasty flesh.

I wonder how much a tin of coelacanth eggs would go for on the European black market.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2005, 03:02:56 PM »

Gee, my most exotics are:
buffalo
squid & octopus, both fried and as sashimi
venison
crawfish head
fried chicken feet (utterly horrible, there's nothing to eat there.)
and haggis (in Edinburgh).  Yum.

Ain't no way in hell I's eatin' Rocky Mountain Oysters (not that there's anything wrong with that)
Neville

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2005, 03:43:45 PM »

Has anybody here tried the pork feet as well? They're also pretty common here. There's no real meat there, it's like jelly, so the are served stewed with strong flavoured items, otherwise they are tasteless.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2005, 06:45:02 PM »

I don't consider Emu to be too exotic, or game for that matter.  
As for Lemon Ants- "you pop them in your mouth they taste like little bursts of lemon. I figured they would be great if you could keep them in a little shaker on the table to add to your food."

Actually all ants taste lemony. There is not much I won't eat, as long as it it low on onions, I can't stand onions.  

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2005, 12:30:03 AM »

Neville wrote:

> Has anybody here tried the pork feet as well? They're also
> pretty common here. There's no real meat there, it's like
> jelly, so the are served stewed with strong flavoured items,
> otherwise they are tasteless.
>

I have a question about pickled pigs feet.  This was more common in the South (United States), but they were in a big jar at the counter of most gas stations.  Do you just pick one out of the jar and start gnawing away at it?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Neville

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2005, 02:20:01 AM »

Mofo Rising wrote: "I have a question about pickled pigs feet. This was more common in the South (United States), but they were in a big jar at the counter of most gas stations. Do you just pick one out of the jar and start gnawing away at it?"

Mmm... Always wondered the same about pickled eggs. Can't answer that, I'm not an American. Any southerners in here?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2005, 05:29:04 AM »

Yeah, I could never quite figure out the custom of having big jars of pickled eggs and pickled sausages sitting on the bar. These are not things that seem appetizing to me, nor are they things people seem to eat on a routine basis, yet they seem to be traditional bar food in many parts of North America. I suppose when you get a bunch of guys together with a lot of booze, they get cravings for stuff like that. I can remember thinking they must almost have been there for decoration, since I could never imagine anyone actually buying one, except maybe on a drunken dare. Of course, in recent years, I know a few people (people I would never have suspected) who've bought pickled eggs at the bar from time to time.

They're welcome to it. As for me, if it ain't a vegetable, it has no business being pickled.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
raj

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2005, 08:36:26 AM »

I always figured that pickled pigs feet was a joke Southerners were playing on us Yankees.  "Yeah, go ahead, eat that, we do it all the time, it's real good."
Sucker!
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2005, 11:18:56 AM »

Pigs feet aka pork hocks do have some meat to them, you just have to work to get it.  It's very tender. Pickled Pigs feet?  I'm going to go along with the practical joke idea.  That makes the most sense....
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2005, 03:03:40 PM »

Pickled eggs are just hard boiled eggs that are pickled.  I was quite disappointe dto learn they were not more sinister,   I have cooked with pork hocks... in pea soup etc.  But never eaten a pickled one.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Anonymous User
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2005, 09:09:11 AM »

Don't want to worry you but I hope the roo was well cooked they are usually  well wormy and normally sold as pet food!

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2005, 03:44:33 PM »

One caterpillar, a few spiders and various types of ants. The bigger, the better... and none are as crunchy as you might think.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 07:44:42 AM »

Funny, none of the things mentioned here scare me as much as potted meat. Oh, excuse me - Potted Meat(TM) Food Product (they can't technically call it meat in the generic sense). I own one can that I bought on a trip to the States (we explored a couple of supermarkets last time we were down there, just to find treats we can't get up here). I'd known about potted meat by reputation, but had never actually seen it. I don't think regulations allow it to be sold in Canada. Bought one can as a souvenir, and occasionally take it out to show a nonbeliever. Yes, this is the scariest "meat" I know.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Exotic Meats « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.