Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:12 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Green Slime!! and Bullet Downunder « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Green Slime!! and Bullet Downunder  (Read 1801 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: November 04, 2005, 09:05:23 PM »

Bullet Down Under (aka Signal One) (1994) - Wimpy cop Martin Bullet (Christopher Atkins) kills a kid during a shootout and leaves the LAPD for Australia where is wife is from.

Mean while Sydney detective Jack Moran (Mark "Jacko" Jackson) and his partner are responding to a call on shooting. When they arrive they almost run over the slow witted Frankie Button who is making off with the money and drugs from a deal gone bad. Jacko and  partner get into a car chase with the killer and Jacko's partner gets killed when the mysterious killer with the T earring rams their car.

Jacko is out for vegeance and the Sarge figures he needs a new partner, so he assigns Bullet to him. A wimp and a really belligerent bastard make really good partners. In Jacko's world when your partner can't bring himself to shoot a fleeing suspect in the back you beat the s**t out of him.

Frankie is hiding out down by the docks, but does call his brother Doug to tell him what he's done. Doug tries to work out a deal with the owners of the merchandise and find his brother. In the mean time Jacko and Bullet have to check out a distrubance between Frankie and a noisy rock band who are using his hide out for a rehearsel hall . Jacko figures out what Frankie is up to but doesn't tell Bullet , instead he runs off the rockers and then stakes out Frankie hoping the T killer shows. Well he does right after Jacko leaves in the morning. Frankie gets it by drowning in the toilet with the killer standing on his shoulders.

When Doug figures  out what happened to Frankie he sets Jacko up with the killers employer.

Jacko heads over to the local gym to check out a lead on the killer. He has the name Tony, so he asks around for Tony with an earring in his left ear. Well, he gets the wrong Tony and has to pull his gun to keep some muscle head from taking his head off.  He hangs around the gym for a while and gets hit on by none other than  the lovel Virginia Hey. They arrange to go to Jacko's apartment, where they commence some room destroying sex (literally). We do get to see Miss Hey in all her naked glory, but regrettably we also get to see Jacko's ass ( a traumatic experience) repeatedly as they hump and jump around. When they are finally still for a few seconds she starts to go down on him  and then suddenly pulls a large butcher knife and starts slashing Jacko repeatedly. Guess what her name is, you got it Toni!!

Jacko is still conscious enough to dial the phone and calls the station. Bullet is on the way. Meanwhile, Doug appears outside Jacko's apartment where intends to kill Toni and get his final vengeance, but Toni gives him a shove and he is impaled on a wrought iron railing.

Anyway Bullet arrives, Toni finds Frankie's stash, and this time Bullet pulls the trigger and gets the bad girl. Hey, I left out some details, but you get the gist.

This was a $1 video which boasted 5.1 sound. It was 5.1 channels of horrible static. I was really looking forward to seeing Virginia Hey, but I could've lived without the shot of Jacko's  ass.

Green Slime (1969) - Hey, Robert Horton looking like a swarmy, grinning PR guy and Richard Jaeckel looking like. well  Richard Jaeckel . Green goo, silly monsters, a space station that looks like an inflatable pool toy, and an asteroid with water on it.  What else could you ask for? A cool rock theme song with groovy lyrics, that's what.

What can it be, what is the reason?
Is this the end to all the seasons?
Is this just something in your head?
Will you believe it when you're dead?
GREE-EE-EENN SLII-II-II-IIME!!
GREE-EE-EENN SLII-II-II-IIME!!
GREE-EE-EENN SLII-II-II-II-II-IIME!!!!

Slime was showing on TCM this afternoon when I got home from work.

Post Edited (11-07-05 12:10)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 09:10:04 PM »

I saw THE GREEN SLIME about 5 years ago on VHS and loved it. Our star is quite the hero isn't he? You have love those slime monsters coming down the corridor while the nurses are trying to remove the injured. I also caught part of it this afternoon. Had my wife and daughter take a quick peek at it today on TCM. It's all they could bare. Wish I owned a copy of that one.

Post Edited (11-04-05 20:19)

Mr. Hockstatter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 09:57:14 AM »

I watched The Green Slime as well.  That theme music...wow...what can one say.  It sounded like some super groovy Vietnam era anti-war song, but then they started yelling "Green Slime!"   Pretty funny movie overall.  Loved those scary monsters.  And what was with those carts they were all driving around in?  They bothered to haul those things all the way to the asteroid, just so they could drill down an entire foot into the ground.  Could have almost done that with a shovel, eh?  Then the little vehicles quit working, what are they to do?  Well, they only moved at about walking speed, maybe they could just trot back to the ship?  I think I've seen that inflatable space station in about 4 movies now.  I'll give them credit though, at least all the spaceships didn't look like chrome plated lawn darts.

I also recorded War of the Planets, which was on earlier in the day.  Haven't gotten around to watching it, but I think it's basically the same as Green Slime except they replace the monsters with a fog/mist type thing.  Hopefully it's one of those where the futuristic military dress code will require all females to wear mini skirts.

nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 10:19:07 AM »

Wow. Those are some lame looking monsters. I've got to find myself a copy of this movie.

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 08:24:41 PM »

I remember being scared silly by Green Slime as a kid.  I could only ever watch up to the point just before you see the monster for the first time.  If I'd made it that far, I would have loved it....

I also want to get a copy of this, just for old times sake.  I haven't seen it since the late seventies.

And thanks for the lyrics.  All this time I thought it was 'Is it real or in your head?'
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 08:55:13 PM »

Check out the alternate titles.

The Green Slime (1968)  
... aka After the Destruction of Space Station Gamma: Big Military Operation
... aka Battle Beyond the Stars
... aka Death and the Green Slime
... aka Fango verde, Il (Italy)
... aka Gamma #3 Big Military Space Operation
... aka Gamma sango uchu daisakusen (Japan)
... aka The Battle of Space Station Gamma
peter johnson

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 08:56:31 PM »

What I love about the Slime is the bad sound effects when the monsters attack -- sort of a subdued European police siren -- and the visible strings wiggling the tentacles around.
I really enjoy visible strings in any film like this --
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 11:49:02 AM »

trek_geezer wrote:

>  What else could you ask for? A cool rock theme
> song with groovy lyrics, that's what.

You mean this cool rock theme song?  (MP3)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Green Slime!! and Bullet Downunder « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.