Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:42:18 PM
714348 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  top ten most evil villians in movie history..... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: top ten most evil villians in movie history.....  (Read 7849 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 01:18:58 AM »

Shadowphile wrote:

>  Wearing a mask and
> chopping people up makes you a slasher, not a villian.
>

???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
dean

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 04:36:21 AM »

> Shadowphile wrote:
>
> >  Wearing a mask and
> > chopping people up makes you a slasher, not a villian.
> >

Yeah, I understand that, the difference between 'bad guy' and out and out evil villain.  But let's not get hung up too much on definition otherwise we'll bog ourselves down in semantics.  But yes, creatures are hardly villains.  On the other hand, the masters of said creatures could be defined as a villain quite well.

Though slashers may not be defined as villains exactly, I think Freddy is somewhat more villain-like than your average horror movie slasher [if we are going to go by exact meanings]  Thoughts?

and yeah, Jack Torrance isn't really a villain in the classical sense, but he's one hell of a memorable 'crazy but bad' guy.  But I guess that isn't the thread! :-P

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
akiratubo

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 09:34:10 PM »

I respectfully disagree with the entire list.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ulthar

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 11:34:24 PM »

akiratubo wrote:

> I respectfully disagree with the entire list.

Fair enough.  What entries do you suggest?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Georgie Boy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2005, 08:26:43 AM »

Let's put this in a Dungeons and Dragons perspective.  Which would be considered worse...Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil?  

Lawful Evil assumes that the villain follows a code that he/she must adhere to.  There may be deception, but rules are rules.  I assume an example of this would be Jigsaw from Saw.  The acts are evil but the victim does have a chance to win, no matter how slim.

Chaotic Evil assumes no adherance to such rules.  An example of this would be Jason from Friday the 13th.  He kills at random and has no regard for rules.

Which do you fear most?  It seems to me that Lawful Evil is by far the worse of the two.  The Lawful Evil types seem to be intelligent and much more sadistic.  The Chaotics tend to perform a quick kill.

Thoughts?
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2005, 11:01:13 AM »

Most people have the most visceral reaction to the sociopath -- the person who has a true "antisocial personality" and a lack of conscience.  You can't really break this sort of thing down in Gygax terms.  (To place me in time, space and personality, by the way, I vividly remember reading the first edition of the DMG sitting on playground equipment in fifth grade, and reading the first ed Monster Manual in my sixth grade homeroom on the first day of school.)

On the one hand, a sociopath doesn't learn from mistakes or punishment in the way society "expects."  That's a chaotic-seeming trait.  On the other hand, sociopaths can be quite organized, charismatic, and may have a code of conduct.  "Lawful."

I don't fear any of 'em.  If any of the bastards gets near my daughter, I'll end him.  =)
ulthar

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2005, 11:05:49 AM »

Georgie Boy wrote:

> Which do you fear most?  It seems to me that Lawful Evil is by
> far the worse of the two.  The Lawful Evil types seem to be
> intelligent and much more sadistic.  The Chaotics tend to
> perform a quick kill.
>
> Thoughts?

In contrast, though, Jason (your example of Chaotic Evil) seemed quite intelligent and sadistic.  He lasted quite a few movies, and even went to Manhattan to 'hunt.'

Chaotic implies unpredictability, and that scares me more than someone willing to follow some rules (their own, warped rules perhaps, but rules nonetheless).  That's just my opinion.

--Real Genius
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2005, 03:45:43 PM »

I'd have to say Lee Van Cleef in THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY especially in the opening scene. Angel Eyes gets the information from the man, kills the man and his son, takes his money, then kills the one who sent him. Because he always finishes a job.

One of the really great movie "Villians" is Phalsa Doom in CONAN THE BARBARIAN played by James Earl Jones. One of the best movie characters in film history in my opinion.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2005, 01:31:39 PM »

THULSA Doom, just to be pedantic.

Personally, I've always considered Neutral Evil to be the worst sort of evil.  It is evil for it's own sake.  Chaotic evil is random but almost invariably picks the cruel option.  Lawful evil is mercilessly adhering to some form of approved code.
peter johnson

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2005, 07:05:25 PM »

"You called meee a warped, frustrated old maaannn . . . " and for that, you must die in horror and disgrace.
Void of Humanity:  Watch Lionel Barrymore this season in "It's a Wonderful Life".
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2005, 02:41:36 PM »

Having just watched 'Ladyhawke' again, I'm going to suggest the Bishop of Aquila.

A man of the church (which is never a good thing) who curses two lovers (If I can't have her, no man shall), discredits a good man (Etienne of Navarre) uses God as a lever to keep his minions in line and tries to kill the girl once the curse is lifted (If I can't have her no man shall Part II), all without leaving the security of his church.

Did I mention the killing spike he has concealed in his cross/staff?
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2005, 10:29:33 PM »

Thanks for the correction. Never saw the spelling before.

mnpchan
New Visitor

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2005, 02:12:14 AM »

Well...since we are going for most evil and not the best I'm going to have to provide my list as follows(In no particular order other than when they come to mind)

Bear in mind that I'm too lazy to distinguish between multiples/series and singles. ;)

1: Freddy Krueger-Nightmare on Elm Street
2: Damian-The Omen
3: Pazuzu-The Exorcist
4: Queen Bavmorda-Willow
5: Mr. Black-The Stand
6: Pennywise-It
7: The Darkness-Legend
8: Chucky-Child's Play
9: Pinhead-Hellraiser
10: Satan-Any movie he's in.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  top ten most evil villians in movie history..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.