Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:54:39 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  You FOOL! I have been trained in your Jedi arts ... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You FOOL! I have been trained in your Jedi arts ...  (Read 3880 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 14, 2005, 12:53:58 AM »

by Count DOOKU! *cough cough*

Bought Episode III today.  I don't care what anyone says, I love it.  It's a great movie.  And General Grievous is my man.  That was just a duplicate that Obi Wan destroyed.  The real General Grievious is alive and well, somewhere in that galaxy far far away.  Possibly working at the Star Wars equivalent of a 7-11.

Incidentally, try watching it in black and white.  It looks just like an old sci-fi action serial that way, so much so that I believe this is the way George Lucas really intended it to be viewed.

He's long maintained that the Star Wars saga is just a Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers/what have you serial with better special effects, after all.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 12:20:17 PM »

akiratubo wrote:

> Incidentally, try watching it in black and white.  It looks
> just like an old sci-fi action serial that way, so much so that
> I believe this is the way George Lucas really intended it to be
> viewed.
>

Yeah, black and white movies are all the rage... who even uses colored televisions anyway. Red, blue & green are such overrated colors; nothing like several shades of gray to fire a kid's imagination XD

LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:48:23 PM »

I just watched Ep 3 lastnight. There was only one scene that shocked and suprised me (if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about) because even though I knew it probably would have happened, I was still shocked that it did. Other than that, I just laughed the whole way through.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 12:38:44 AM »

Grevious rocks.  I want the action figure.
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 09:33:06 PM »

DO NOT buy the 12-inch Grievous action figure.  He can't stand up and his hands are made of extremely pliable rubber and are too soft to even hold the lightsabers he comes with.  WTF?  Worried dumb kids will poke their eyes out?  I used to play with a huge, die-cast Voltron that had sharp edges, points, and must have weighed twenty pounds.  His sword was even metal!  I never hurt myself or anyone else with it (except my other toys, hehe).

It would have been nice if Grievous had done a little better against Obi-wan, seeing as how he could take on multiple Jedi at once in Clone Wars.  Maybe he was still ailing from having his abdomen crushed by Mace Windu. :p

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 03:30:45 PM »

Was Grevious a machine? I think he had some kind of heart of some sort. Anyone know anything about it?

Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 05:55:46 PM »

I think he was kinda like Vader, more machine then man,...or what ever species he was.
I agree, with 4 ( Count 'em! ) sabers, he should have given Obi-Wan a reeeeal work out.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 11:11:01 PM »

In the General Grievous comic book limited series, he explicated that he replaced his body with machinery to be a physical match for Jedi.  Although, in the comic, he also had limited use of the Force, so its kind of confusing why he didn't get Dooku to train him how to use it more thoroughly.  For some reason, he really hates the Jedi and gets off on killing them with their own weapons.

(Yikes, I think my geek-meter just exploded.  I'm kind of ashamed to know all that.)

Factoid:  When Obi-wan pried Grievous's chest plates apart, George Lucas originally envisioned a baby-like creature in there, operating the mechanical body.  For obvious reasons, this idea was dropped.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 01:16:13 AM »

akiratubo wrote:

> George Lucas originally envisioned a baby-like creature in
> there, operating the mechanical body.  For obvious reasons,
> this idea was dropped.

Cuz it would be an obvious rip of Men In Black?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
odinn7

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 08:12:21 AM »

ulthar wrote:

> akiratubo wrote:
>
> > George Lucas originally envisioned a baby-like creature in
> > there, operating the mechanical body.  For obvious reasons,
> > this idea was dropped.
>
> Cuz it would be an obvious rip of Men In Black?
>

I also doubt that they wanted to show Obi-wan killing anything baby like.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Georgie Boy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 08:15:56 AM »

As always, the novelised version of the film dealt with this much better.  In that version, Obi-Wan is having the life choked out of him by Grevious.  With his last gasp, he summons the blaster, jams it under Grevious' rib cage and pulls the trigger.  There was a definite sense of desperation that was missing from the movie.

As far as the four saber thing, I have seen little girls jump into two jump ropes and not stop them from spinning.  I don't have a real issue with a trained jedi being able to hold off four swords approaching from the same direction.  After all, it is fiction.

In the novel Labrynth of Evil, Grevious' hatred for the Jedi is more thoroughly explained.  Pick it up and enjoy.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 01:31:24 AM »

I read somewhere that Grevious's wracking cough is because in the previous movie Mace Windu crushed his chest during the final battle.  I guess the scene was cut.
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 05:30:41 AM »

It's not in a previous movie, that Grevious' got force crushed.  It was in the Clone Wars animated series, which bridges Episode 2 and 3.  It's actually quite good for those interested - Grevious is EXTREMELY badass in it.  He takes out a ton of jedi.
Georgie Boy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 08:18:45 AM »

The Clone Wars cartoons were fantastic.  Jim H is right in that Grevious was much thougher until his little scuffle with Mace Windu.  I think that perhaps that makes his death at the hands of Obi-Wan in EpIII alot more believable.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 02:01:52 PM »

I knew it happened somewhere.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  You FOOL! I have been trained in your Jedi arts ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.