Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:35:00 AM
714201 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What horror Movie Made you sick? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What horror Movie Made you sick?  (Read 5999 times)
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 16, 2005, 10:41:34 AM »

Has anyone ever seen a film that just gave them an uneasy stomach? Recently I saw Last House on the Left and I have to say that did the job quite well.

Other Non-Horror films were Pink Flamingos and Vulgar

Anyone else have a film that just makes them sickish?
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 11:04:06 AM »

When I was in high school, "Hellraiser" was the movie that made me give the genre up for a long while.

"The Thing" (the modern version) was ultra-gory for its day.

"Aliens" gave me that exhausted, adrenaline-low fear, but not nausea.

"Seven" made me feel morally sick.  

As did the knife scene in "Saving Private Ryan."  (The German hushing the soldier as he kills him.)
Deantje
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 11:58:43 AM »

Not a horror-movie per sé but Pasolini's Salo did the job well. First time I couldn't sit through it and I left the theatre halfway through feeling shell-shocked.
The finale of Requiem for a dream, same thing. Sick sh*t! I'll never forgive Aronovski for doing what he did to Jennifer Connelly!
When I was little the brithing scene in the original X-tro gave me nightares. Quite logical really 'cause I probably was just 6 or 7 at the time.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 12:49:37 PM »

Not a Horror Movies:

As a kid, we watched a biology film that depicted, in vivid detail, the dissection of a live rat (the heart tissue needed for the experiment was required to be very, very fresh).  It was brutal, and that it was real (not fx) added to my discomfort.

The opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan made me feel a bit queasy one time (not my first viewing), but I was apparently already feeling the effects of another illness at the time.

As for horror flicks, the flying ball in Phantasm really freaked me out when it first came out.  IIRC, I was in high school at the time, and a real horror movie junkie.

In general, I don't care for vomiting scenes in movies, but none has ever actually made me sick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 01:30:59 PM »

I got repulsed by Eraserhead's fetus baby the first time I watched it. Now the movie is my modus operandi for surreal filmmaking.

Deanjte wrote:

"Not a horror-movie per sé but Pasolini's Salo did the job well. First time I couldn't sit through it and I left the theatre halfway through feeling shell-shocked."
>
>
>

I think anything by Pasolini is pretty gut wrenching, Salo especially. It is quite possibly the most disturbing movie ever made. On what format did you watch it? I don't know if you're aware, but the Criterion DVD is worth its weight in gold by now, being auctioned for over $600 in some places. The Decameron is also pretty revolting. The s**t pile is just disgusting.

Oddly enough about Pasolini, he collaborated with Fellini for a number of his most famous films, including Nights of Cabiria and La Dolce Vita. Go figure.

Post Edited (11-16-05 14:08)

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 02:07:45 PM »

This is not horror, but "Requiem For A Dream" made me very sick feeling.  I don't really know why but it was a very unpleasant viewing experience.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 03:14:17 PM »

Requim of a Dream I can only watch on a bad day, otherwise it ruins a good day
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 03:40:22 PM »

Yep, I'd also have to say ERASERHEAD. If your not in the right mode for viewing it then it could be dangerous to your health. You might need consuling after viewing that one.

Deantje
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 03:58:19 AM »

"On what format did you watch it? I don't know if you're aware, but the Criterion DVD is worth its weight in gold by now, being auctioned for over $600 in some places."
>
>
>
Both times I've seen it in the theatre, never seen it on DVD but I'm aware that the Criterion edition is very valuable.
Other sickening stuff : the toilet scene in Trainspotting, the woman in the radiator from Eraserhead (Lynch must have been on some bad sh*t while making that up), the guy getting cut in half by an automatic door in Hardware (can you say "underrated"?), the popping veins and eyeballs in the finale of Scanners and really sickening in tone were Don't go in the house, Maniac and of course Henry.
Georgie Boy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 08:02:51 AM »

I saw Shark Boy and Lava Girl in the theater with my daughter.  I was sick for two days after.  I'm not saying it was the movie that did it...but certainly it was an odd coinsidence.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 08:05:24 AM »

Horror films don't really make me sick, in general.  I'm sure that a lot of people on the board will agree when I say that watching a few hundred horror films does desensitize you when it comes to violence.

That being said, the last film that made me feel a bit ill was Haute Tension.  I obtained an unrated copy well before it played in the theaters here, and I didn't quite realize what I was in for.  The film has a sheer brutality that I haven't seen in film in many many years, and it hit me pretty hard the first time.  The scene with the saw and the guy in the car towards the end was especially gruesome and stomach churning.

Otherwise, a prime example would be Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer.  It's not that the film is especially visceral, but much of it is implied which makes it much worse.  The scene with the suitcase still gives me chills.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 01:46:28 PM »

I just watched it last night for the first time, I don't know what David Lynch was on when he made that but it must have been amazing
dean

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 06:58:46 PM »

Some of Cronenberg's films definitely have scenes in them which make me a little sick.  Mainly a few scenes in Videodrome, Scanners, The Fly and to a lesser degree, Existenz.

Requim for a Dream and Eraserhead are others.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas sort of made me feel a bit funny when I watched it the first time, though I'm not sure whether that was more related to the alcohol or not... but that scene where 'white rabbit peaks' kind of made me feel a bit funky [though that's one of my favourite scenes]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
psalviati
New Visitor

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 11:53:42 PM »

Cronenberg's "The FLY" was nasty! Jeff Goldblum is creepy enough. But to see him fall apart in the movie. I had to blow chow!

Also Carpenter's "The Thing" The head alien spider thing......Gross!

But here is a nice Sick Gem! How about the guy that tore his face off in "Poltergeist"

P.......
odinn7

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 08:32:10 AM »

One word...Gigli

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What horror Movie Made you sick? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.