Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:30:21 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion.  (Read 28852 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2007, 05:03:53 PM »

I've always thought that the term zombies doesn't just mean the 'undead'. I call zombies not only the living dead but also people that are held under control or are used as hosts.

I don't want to start a debate since there was an epic one going on at IMDb.com on said subject.

Besides I said 'special place.'

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Menard
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2007, 05:13:56 PM »

Evil Dead Trilogy

wtf? they are people possesed by ancient demons, not zombies. not to be a shmuck but how are you gonna be a fan and claim that they are zombie movies? if you've seen the films you know damn well that  they are kandarian(sp?) demons.

did you see slither? or just the trailer? this movie is about an alien life-form that comes to earth and proceeds to ingest all living things on this planet ultimatley wiping it clean of organic life. now, the alien or "Grant Grant" sticks these spiked phallus appendages into his victims stomachs emitting this substance that makes people eat and eat and eat ect. until they are the size of a house,and a house they are indeed. each person is a host to hundreds of slug like parasites that must enter through the mouth of an animal in order to take control of their body, and act as a security camera/supplier for the main alien(Grant Grant). i dont consider these people being controlled by an alien parasite's zombies, they are people controlled by alien parasites, period. if your going to consider this film a zombie film then why not consider "The Puppet Masters" or "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers"? no you wanna know why? cause they are movies about aliens taking over peoples bodies, not the undead rising from the grave. i dont think that a person being animated because of an intelligent host counts as a zombie.

Out of curiosity, Joe, has anyone referred to you as anal before?

I certainly wouldn't want to be the first one.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2007, 07:26:40 PM »

Joe, someone mentioned 28 days later. I heard the creatures in that aren't necessarily zombies. Why didn't you bring that up too?

Don't pick on little old me.

Menard
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »

Don't pick on little old me.

Yeah...that's my job.
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2007, 11:52:04 PM »

My justification for calling 28 Days Later a zombie movie is the fact that George Romero also didn't call the creatures in NOTLD zombies either. They were "ghouls" if anything. The subhuman cannibalistic protohuman things in 28 Days Later may not be zombies according to the director, but anyone who's seen a few zombie flicks will and should immediately disagree with him. If I was a braindead automoton with the sole motivation to devour and destroy anything in my path without consciously deciding to, I'm a frickin' zombie.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2007, 04:46:02 AM »

alright i was a little  over the top, yes i am a tad bit anal,but come on evil dead and FT13th movies zombie flicks? nah.

If I was a braindead automoton with the sole motivation to devour and destroy anything in my path without consciously deciding to, I'm a frickin' zombie.

well even if you go with that theory , then still , evil dead, slither and the friday the 13th movies still dont count as zombie flicks.
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »

Couldn't agree more.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Menard
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2007, 10:32:17 AM »

...yes i am a tad bit anal...

You're getting warmer.

...and the friday the 13th movies still dont count as zombie flicks.

Jason was the greatest zombie who ever lived...er...didn't live...er...raised by ElectroPsychicNucleoDemonic energy...er...oh hell, I don't know.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2007, 10:43:42 AM »

I don't see anything wrong with calling something under mind control a zombie.

Though I do think calling the infected people in Slither, Jason, and Deadites 'zombies' are varying stretches.

I remember reading a Solomon Kane story where there were creatures that acted like zombies (slow, unthinking, feared fire) and yet they were called vampires. It really is kind of blurry as to what you could call a zombie. I mean Vampires are a type of undead creature, so are Mummies.

Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »

well im not really saying "Mind control" i dont mean hypnotized, i mean a physical host going inside of a body and controlling it from the inside. i understand they are all "types" but a zombie is a zombie a mummy is a mummy and and a vampire is a vampire. though vampire can be a number of different things according to the occult but im not gonna go there.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 03:18:46 PM by Joe » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »

Sorry ti interrupt,but, has  anyone  seen NIGHT of the LIVING DORKS? It's a (badly!) dubbed German flik. Angel,Tara Sue's daughter,works at a video store,and brought it home...really pretty dam funny!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
daveblackeye15

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2007, 05:50:22 PM »

<i>My justification for calling 28 Days Later a zombie movie is the fact that George Romero also didn't call the creatures in NOTLD zombies either. They were "ghouls" if anything. The subhuman cannibalistic protohuman things in 28 Days Later may not be zombies according to the director, but anyone who's seen a few zombie flicks will and should immediately disagree with him. If I was a braindead automoton with the sole motivation to devour and destroy anything in my path without consciously deciding to, I'm a frickin' zombie.</i>

Hey though I don't blame people for calling those guys zombies, I'm fine with that, I call them zombies. I was just bringing that to Joe's attention.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2007, 06:17:58 PM »

Sorry ti interrupt,but, has  anyone  seen NIGHT of the LIVING DORKS? It's a (badly!) dubbed German flik. Angel,Tara Sue's daughter,works at a video store,and brought it home...really pretty dam funny!

I have. I did a mini review in my Movie Wasteland thread:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,112951.msg135394.html#msg135394

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2007, 06:27:49 PM »

Well,I'll be damned! Cool! It was kinda a 80's throw-back,but lotsa fun. I really  liked the Jim teacher?soccor scene:
"If we had soldiers like you,we would have lost the war!'
" But we DID lose the War!" BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2007, 10:45:14 AM »

"Night of the Living Dead" (original black and white version) is the greatest of them all, a definite masterpiece.  After that it's a pretty close call.  I like "Dawn of the Dead," and Fulci's "Zombie."  There's also "Dead Alive," and "28 Days Later."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.