Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:58:27 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion.  (Read 28849 times)
ssvegita
« on: January 07, 2002, 09:09:15 PM »

title explains it. Just tell me 2 or 3 really good ones, thanks.
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 10:07:33 PM »

....Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Dead Alive (Braindead).

Special mention goes to Shockwave, which starred Peter Cushing.  It really isn't that great, but the ending tickles me for some reason.

Also, there's Night of the Creeps, which every now and again I like.  If I can get a copy with the original ending, I'd be a bit happier.

One qualifier: I haven't seen every zombie movie made.  Two other potentially good zombie  movies are "Day of the Dead" and "I Walked with a Zombie."
Scotty Xtreme
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 10:24:37 PM »

hmmm, that's easy, Dead Alive.
what other movie includes bodily dismemberment by a lawn mower, a likable(yet slighty dorky) hero, and a priest doing kung fu. none, that's how many!
Lee
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2002, 10:28:48 PM »

Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Dead Alive, Night of the Creeps, uhhhh.....
BadTaste_nz
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2002, 11:21:57 PM »

Braindead, NOTLD Trilogy, Return Of The Living Dead Trilogy, Evil Dead Trilogy

hmmm, soon to be: Peter Jacksons World War 1 Zombie Film :)
AndyC
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2002, 11:58:28 PM »

Dead Alive is definitely a hoot, Dawn of the Dead has a nice post-apocalyptic flavour to it, and Return of the Living Dead has tongue-in-cheek humour and a certain nostalgic appeal. Those would be my three picks.
Kevin
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2002, 06:19:39 AM »

I'm not a big zombie expert or "afficionado" per se, but the ones that have scared me the most in my 47 years have been the original "Night of the Living Dead" and "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price.  Saw those both at drive-ins as a kid and had to hide in the back seat of the car.  =:0

Kevin
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2002, 07:48:36 AM »

Top pick: Evil Dead 2. Runners-up: Night of the Living Dead (original), Return of the Living Dead (first one only), and Zombie just for the perfect puke factor.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2002, 11:31:22 AM »

One of my favorites would have to be Biozombie.
Chadzilla
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2002, 01:32:59 PM »

My favorite is Day of the Dead, in fact Romero's entire trilogy is a smart, consistent vision.

Tom Savini's disavowed remaked is an underrated little thriller, it's not classic, but  smartly written and solidly made nonetheless.

I'll second the Shock Waves nomination and Fulci's Zombie is dumb fun (how could you not love a movie were a zombie attacks a SHARK!)
Gerry
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2002, 02:23:48 PM »

Chadzilla's too modest to promote himself (I'm not), but don't miss his reviews of DAY OF THE DEAD and ZOMBIE over at Scifilm.
Will
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2002, 03:22:01 PM »

I like all the ones mentioned, and also Horror Express (with Telly Savalas, Cushing, and Lee) and my all-time favorite film of any genre, Cemetery Man.
Darkstar
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2002, 03:46:51 PM »

I'd have to go with Bio Zombie, it's sort of a cross between Clerks and Dawn of the Dead with a bit of House of the Dead (VG) thrown in.
Cullen
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2002, 04:47:55 PM »

...Horror Express!  Gah!  That deserves more of a place on my list than "Shock Wave!"  (Although, is it really a zombie movie if the zombies only appear at the end?)

Missing "Cemetery Man" isn't as bad.  I liked the film, but I wouldn't have called it one of the best.

I also would like to add "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things", which, again, I like as much for the ending as anything else, and the zombie "Night Life” with Scott Grimes and Gomez Addams (or John Astin, whichever, whatever).  NL has a very special place in my heart for whatever reasons, and, with "John Carpenter's The Thing,” is one of the few films I can watch over and over and over again.

Speaking of John Carpenter, does "The Fog" count a zombie movie or a ghost story or both?
Darkstar
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2002, 05:34:26 PM »

Children of the Living dead - It does have Tom Savini, but thats the only good thing about it.

Zombie 3 (aka nights of terror) - This is horrible, saying that I've only seen the uk release (cut down to 60 mins). Although the weird kid in it is funny "Mama, this cloth smells of death"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.