Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:21:43 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion.  (Read 28854 times)
StatCat
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2002, 05:54:17 PM »

I actually like Burial Ground its goofy and strange with that 30 year old breast eating kid but the zombies at least look cool and at least it didn't put me to sleep.

My recommendations: Romero's series, Return of the livng dead, Let sleeping corpses lie, children shouldn't play wth dead things, brain dead, Junk, wild zero, dellamorte dellamore, Premutos (quite possibly the goriest film ever made with a body count of 139, quite a bit of zombies), re-animator and many others. My zombie related newsgroup made a best and worst list awhile back with a vote system. I'll post it if you want, there are some really awful ones on the worst list.
ssvegita
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2002, 06:19:42 PM »

sleep away camp three does i think
Andrew
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2002, 06:55:40 PM »

"The Beyond" and "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie."

Andrew
KingVidor
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2002, 10:37:26 PM »

Glitter
Neville
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2002, 07:12:25 AM »

I like Dawn of the Dead, but I prefer less gory things. These are zombie films as well:

1) Both JC's "The fog" (somebody mentioned it before) and "Prince of darkness"
Well, "Starman" also features a zombie, but I don't like it.

2) Bride of Reanimator. I had huge fun with this movie, but I can't say why. Haerd that Yuzna is about to do "Beyond Reanimator", another sequel to the original.
Cullen
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2002, 10:26:08 AM »

...is a good choice, but I wound't have thought of it as a zombie movie.  Zombies are more individuals (well, kinda), while the possessed people in "PoD" were more part of a single intelligence.

I know.  I'm splitting hairs.  I'll stop now.
AndyC
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2002, 12:56:25 PM »

There is also a question of whether a living person in a trance or acting under some external control counts as a zombie. I would have thought the term applied only to a reanimated corpse.
AndyC
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2002, 01:01:17 PM »

While we are considering the definition of a zombie, would Frankenstein's monster be included? That would open up a whole other set of movies, but I'm of two minds as to whether the zombie label fits.
Lee
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2002, 02:44:41 PM »

Anybody else find it weird how mindboggeling this is gettin?
Darkstar
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2002, 02:51:41 PM »

For a totally diferent zombie movie try The Serpent and the Rainbow, Wes Craven  best movie to date.
Phantom 187
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2002, 04:15:59 PM »

"Night of the Comet"  When the world gets vaporized, shoes with red sand are prevalent, making for some unsettling scenes. Mall free-for-alls and battles with neighborhood zombies makes this movie enjoyable.
Chadzilla
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2002, 05:58:35 PM »

If an outside intelligence reanimating corpses and making them walk around qualifies as a zombie movie then I'm throwing in Plan 9 from Outer Space!  Not necessarily a 'good' zombie movie, but an interesting one nonetheless.
ssvegita
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2002, 06:25:05 PM »

Yeah Im a bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shake it! Oh wait this isnt cyber sex message board,
damn.................................... forget i was here.
                                again.
Andrew
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2002, 07:21:56 PM »

The older movies that deal with zombies are all about people, not necessarily dead, controlled by an often evil person.  If I had to pinpoint some movies that changed that then "I Eat Your Skin" (1964) and "Plague of the Zombies" (1966) probably were in there, but Romero's "Night of the Living Dead" (1968) put the nail in the coffin.

To see the "mindless thralls" movies you can watch "Revolt of the Zombies" (1936) or "I Walked with a Zombie" (1943).  Heck, "The Incredibly Strange Creatures that Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies" (1963) even fits here.

Andrew
Lee
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2002, 08:36:27 PM »

Oh my God!! Night of the Comet?! That is one truely stupid movie. What the heck were they thinkin when they made that?(I seem to say this alot.). As for ssvegita, next time make sure you remeber what site your at before you post.LOL!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  what is the best zombie movie in anybody's opinion. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.