Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:58:20 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A question for everyone « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: A question for everyone  (Read 7337 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 09:10:53 AM »

Andrew,

I say stick with Phorum.  I've used numerous different versions of VBulliten (joblo.com, ruthlessreviews.com, etc) and I much prefer Phorum.  It's simple, quick, and fits perfectly with the site.

I'll completely support a change, but I do rather prefer the current format.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
peter johnson

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 10:38:26 AM »

Two cents from me too --
Just leave things as they are -- I'm a very big fan of the "ain't broke/no fix" philosophy --
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 07:03:44 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.  I like Phorum, but wanted to make sure everyone else did too.  I will just upgrade us to the latest version when I move the hosting.  That  will probably go the 1st week of December.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 07:34:17 PM »

Andrew,

I'm really glad you decided to keep Phorum.  I really don't care much for VBulliten as I said.  It's fairly cluttered and can be a bit of an eye sore.

We all really love the board Andrew, and I know that I spend most of my day on here, constantly F5-ing waiting for new posts.  You've given us a place where we all come together, rib on each other and help each other out.  You should be proud that you have one of the best damned boards out there.

Also, feel free to post yourself on frappr.com/badmovies.  It would be great to have a post from the main guy himself.

Post Edited (11-21-05 18:35)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 07:46:17 PM »

I say keep using "Phorum."

...Wow, is my response completely late or what? Where was I when this conversation started? :)

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
dean

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 10:26:34 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

> We all really love the board Andrew, and I know that I spend
> most of my day on here, constantly F5-ing waiting for new
> posts.  

And now Dean has learnt a new way of doing the exact same thing.  Like a fool I'd just click the refresh button.  Now I can just reach across the keyboard and not move a further muscle!  

Oh, and yay for the keeping of Phorum!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 12:40:09 AM »

The board is so enjoyable due to the people who visit and post.  I just unfsck the server when it is having problems and try to write a new review now and then.  Not so easy when your wife insists that the cover of "Night Beast" should not be left out where Jenna can find it.

Added myself to the frappr.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 10:14:03 AM »

I am perfectly happy with the phorum as it is.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 01:41:47 PM »

Glad to see you're keeping Phorum, Andrew.  It creates a unique dynamic to a board that I really like, more than any other board.

I need to upgrade my site's Phorum too, but I'll let you do it first and work the bugs out.  ;)
Neville

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 01:17:42 PM »

I could use a different board, with avatars and so on, but the truth is that the present one is serviceable enough, and I like the reply notification as it is, which allows me to follow replies without re-entering the site. Other board systems I've seen look more sophisticated on the surface, but they don't allow such things and are more prone to errors and other problems.

My vote is for keeping the present system.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
mnpchan
New Visitor

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 01:41:39 AM »

I know that I'm a newbie here and that no one knows me but I am going to provide my 2 cents anyway. :P

I rather enjoy the feel of Phorum because it's nice and simple.  This is something that I rather enjoy when I pop in here because I can just look and see all the posts to find something I want to read through.

And even though it looks like you have already chosen to stick with this program may I offer a suggestion?  I perused through that site you provided with the Vbulletin and noticed that it was extremely similar to Invisionfree.  So if you do randomly change your mind you might want to look into Invisionfree(if you haven't already) because they are so close and, as the name states, it's free!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 12:45:52 PM »

Phorum.

Susan
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2005, 04:43:51 PM »

friend good....

change...baaaad

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2005, 05:24:11 PM »

Heard loud and clear everyone.  We will stick with Phorum.  I am working on moving the site to the new server.  That will probably go into effect this week.  There may be some issues for people as the DNS servers catch up to the move from the old server to the new one.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
odinn7

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 09:01:53 AM »

OH-MY-GOD!!!!! You mean that the site may actually be down while I'm at work? NOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A question for everyone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.