Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:54:33 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings  (Read 829 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 22, 2005, 08:12:48 AM »

Well it's been a while since I've posted a recent viewings list despite the fact that I've watched a fair bit of material.  But anyway, of late I've been revisiting older films I've watched before.

Among them was:

Labyrinth:

David Bowie in all his tight-pant, baby-reminding glory.  Incredibly silly yet fun film.  Watched this at about 1:00am with a couple of friends and I'm not sure whether it was the lack of sleep or the film itself, but it was still as good as when I first saw it many a year ago.  The only disturbing thing was my friend telling us that he had never considered Jennifer Connelly as good looking until he saw Labyrinth [our viewing was his first by the way]  This is a fact which is quite worrying considering she was 16/15 at the time...

Office Space:  

Just a movie a friend and I watched while we were waiting for a friend to get off the phone [he sometimes takes hours] and was, again, a great film.  No real need to elaborate further, just thought I'd mention it because I like it so much.

Super Mario Bros:

YES!!! It took me a while to find a copy [I wasn't looking too hard by the way] but I finally revisited this gem of a film.

Sure people can slag it off for being such a stupid film, but therein lies it's brilliance!  I mean, did people think that you could seriously make a Mario Bros film that made actual sense??  This is also on top of the fact that in this film you actually see the Mario Bros plumbing, which is far more than I can say for the Mario games I've played.  

This was actually better than I remembered.  Perhaps my judgement has become flawed over time, or, hopefully, I have become more sophisticated in my viewing habits.

Yeah right, sophisticated my foot...

Anywho I'll leave it at that nice and quick selection for now: I've just seen a great film today that I need to wrap my head around before I properly review it.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.