Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:53:21 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Playstation 2: Just got it. Please recomend some DVD's « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Playstation 2: Just got it. Please recomend some DVD's  (Read 2722 times)
John Morgan
« on: January 07, 2002, 11:26:14 AM »

I have been looking at DVDs in video stores around town.  They have some good movies but I would like to be able to "justify" the renting of a DVD by not just the picture and sound quality, but also the "extra features" on it.  

What DVD's out there have good extras: music videos, DVD-ROMs, useful comentaries, etc., and not just 10+ hours of boredom?

(There are just so many of "The Making of the Movie" Documentaries I can take.)
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 12:01:00 PM »

Well, on Commentarys......Batman is good, as West and Ward tell all, and smack the movie around a bit.  Airplane and the Naked gun. Funny stuff there.  Bats: same as Batman. Hummm......
Darkstar
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 02:50:12 PM »

Terror Firmer (unrated) is one of my favorites, tons of extras, games and stuff. It'll keep you going for a while.
Lee
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2002, 03:26:08 PM »

I hear that Cannibal!The Musical has some good extras. It's supposed to have the FUNNIEST commentary ever for a movie! Good luck finding it though, I rented it from Netflix last Spring and it isn't here yet(movies in high demand are rarely in stock). Or it might just be that they only have 2 copies and they are allways out.
Gerry
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2002, 05:18:52 PM »

Not exactly a B-movie, but FINAL FANTASY: THE SPIRITS WITHIN has a lot of fun extras.  There's an easter egg on the second disc that is a recreation of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video with the FINAL FANTASY characters and aliens as the zombie dancers.  Hilarious!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2002, 11:18:01 PM »

Not really a b-movie (though one could argue that it is), but in terms of both quantity and quality of extras, nothing beats the disc for This Is Spinal Tap. The commentary is among the best I've heard (with Chris Guest, Harry Shearer, and Michael McKean in character as the band), plus over an hour of deleted scenes, four uncut music videos, several trailers (including one complete nonsequitur about a Danish cheese festival), an interview with Rob Reiner (again, in character), and more. Even the menus are a riot: First the logo recedes too far into the distance, then the boys try to figure out what the buttons mean.

Other must-haves are Evil Dead II, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, and Night of the Living Dead (Elite edition).
C. Hill
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2002, 11:19:48 PM »

But if you're a PS2 owner, I highly reccomend Final Fantasy X.  Sorry for going slightly off topic, but this game kicks unheard of amounts of ass.
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2002, 11:49:32 AM »

Watched the special edition of BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA last night. Good one! Two disks. Outakes, the Music video with John Carpenter singing the ends credits song! Hey, who knew? and the Commentary track with Carpenter and Kurt Russel is a hoot!  I'll be getting that DVD eventualy.....
Darkstar
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2002, 12:16:47 PM »

GTA 3 is the best game I've played on the PS2 so far, it should be renamed "Fun with rocket launchers"
BlackAngel
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2002, 01:13:53 AM »

Also, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Onimusha: Warlords.  Good games
C. Hill
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2002, 01:04:57 PM »

I just got this one as well.  I've had a soft spot for this movie ever since I was a kid.  Anyway, great purchase.
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2002, 04:18:39 PM »

An American Werewolf in London has some great extra stuff, some really funny outtakes, although the soundtrack is missing.  Evil Dead 2 rules.  The 2-disc Anchor Bay Bad Taste is really good.  So is The Beyond and the limited edition of Suspiria, with 3 discs, one of them a great Goblin soundtrack record.  The Wicker Man limited edition in the wood box is awesome, as is the 2-disc Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  Basically, anything from the Anchor Bay collection, those guys are gods of making awesome special editions.  Go to their website and just peruse the catalog, you can't go wrong.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Playstation 2: Just got it. Please recomend some DVD's « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.