Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:46:19 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Weekend Viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weekend Viewings  (Read 1591 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 29, 2005, 10:28:18 AM »

Well, we rented a few this weekend and I actually managed to stay awake for them somehow.

The Devils Rejects- Ok, believe it or not, I liked House of 1,000 Corpses for some reason and was looking forward to this one. It was a waste of time and money. It seemed like Rob was just trying to see how many times he could throw the F word into this film and was also just going for shock value by seeing how disturbing he could make each scene. 1000 Corpses seemed like an homage to many 70's and early 80's horror films but I couldn't equate this pile of sh*t to anything. I also can't believe that Rob would want his wife to be in this acting the way she did.

House of Wax- YES! Paris get's killed! Sadly, she didn't die as tragically as I would have liked. The movie wasn't real bad though. It was mildly entertaining once we got into the horror part of it and stopped concentrating on the annoying kids and their character "developement". There were quite a bit of ridiculous things strewn about in this movie (a 2 story house actually made out of wax and it doesn't just melt from the sun? Really?) but the story moved along. Nothing at all like the original. The only thing it had in common with the original movie (which I saw as a limited re-release in the 80's in 3-D at our local theater) was the name.

Undead- I had read quite a bit about this movie but decided to get it on PPV. Kind of silly but I did like it. It was amusing and the special effects were done very well for the budget. The story line was also pretty cool as it's not at all what you would expect from a zombie movie.

I still have War of the Worlds sitting around that my wife borrowed from her brother. I am having trouble making time to watch it. I think it's my subconscious trying to make excuses not to watch it because of my dislike for Tommy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 10:38:17 AM »

Devils Rejects wasn't too bad in my opinion.  I like HOTC, but Rejects was certainly a different type of movie.  It's a homage to the road/explotation flicks of the 70s, but as you said is quite grotesque.

Undead was a blast for me.  It's silly, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.  I'm hoping for a sequel.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 10:44:41 AM »

Hey odinn, you should watch WoW, it is a good movie.  They changed up some things, but it is a pretty good modern presentation of the book.  I don't like Cruise as a person so much, but he does a good job of acting sometimes.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
odinn7

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 10:45:29 AM »

Skaboi wrote:

> Devils Rejects wasn't too bad in my opinion.  I like HOTC, but
> Rejects was certainly a different type of movie.  It's a homage
> to the road/explotation flicks of the 70s, but as you said is
> quite grotesque.
>

I don't mind graphic violence in a film but it just seemed that this movie was just trying too hard to be disturbing. The 2 scenes that come to mind are the one in the hotel room between Otis and Gloria and the Jail scene with the Sheriff and Mother Firefly. Just too much I thought.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 11:04:11 AM »

Odinn7,

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.  The scene with Otis and the gun, and the female singer in the hotel room was revolting.  But then again, that's what Zombie intended.  Gotta say the film works in that respect.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 01:45:49 PM »

I thought the death rays in the WoW remake were worth the price of admission alone.  Zap~!   People literally boiling out of their clothes!  Zap!  Zap!

Think I'm gonna have to watch House of 1000 Corpses on a night when my wife and daughter are Not In The House.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 02:21:57 PM »

I liked when the kids ask Cruise what that white powdery stuff is all over him and he realizes it's the ashes from the folks who were running with him that got zapped.  I kinda went EEEWWWWW! myself.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »

I loved THE DEVIL'S REJECTS, as indicated by this previous post.  I liked HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES somewhat, but THE DEVIL'S REJECTS was something else.

I'll agree that is an exercise in qrotesquerie.  I remember I left the movie theater thinking "Wow, that was great!  I don't know anybody I could recommend it to."  So, I can't recommend it, I can only say I really, really enjoyed it.

I also loved WOTW, but I saw it on dvd the other day and it suffers from being translated to the small screen.  The entire point of WOTW is the spectacle of mass destruction, which at the movie theater was top-notch.  I also agree with the death rays.  Spielberg certainly goes out of his way to make excellent representations of childhood favorites.  Dinosaurs and death rays!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
odinn7

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 10:12:32 AM »

It appears that I'm in the minority here for not liking the Rejects movie. I really wanted to like it and really had great expectations for it but there was just something about it. Oh well.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Weekend Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.