Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:02:35 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Does this sound fair to you? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: Does this sound fair to you?  (Read 1152 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: November 30, 2005, 12:46:13 PM »

I guess all men are perverts and not to be trusted. I think this is just a little unfair. Can you imagine the embarrassment of being asked to move and the reaction that  it would get from the other passengers.

Ban on men sitting next to children

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
raj

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

It is utterly ridiculous.  I'm certainly no danger to children, especially on airplanes.  They don't give you decent enough cutlery to carve kids up into bite sized pieces (and don't even think about asking for Tobasco sauce.)

Here in Toledo we've just had a woman convicted of raping a 4 year old girl.  So why do men get singled out? The woman got life.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 12:54:19 PM »

That article was worth reading just to learn the word "gobsmacked," which I will use every chance I get from now on.
odinn7

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 12:54:54 PM »

This is wrong. It's making the assumption that all men are pedophiles. As was stated in the article, what could you do to a kid on a plane anyway?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Susan
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 01:46:47 PM »

It is wrong because not all men are pervs, but i have to also say that i know of numerous stories of girls (i'm sure it also applies to boys) who were molested in some manner by a stranger standing or sitting next to them in a public place. IT does happen more often than you would think. You have to see it this way - if the child is not accompanied by a parent they have no one to watch over them. odinn, you asked what you could do to a child on a plane anyways? Think about it. I could tell you plenty of stories i know of things happening on a  public bus, in front of other adults who didn't notice, on a park bench...you'd be suprised.
Kids are very vulnerable.

Anyone could choose to sit next to them and it could be the wrong person. It doesn't specify all children, just ones that dont' have a guardian with them. That's just my perspective, because somewhere i heard the odds of a girl in particular being sexually abused or assaulted in her lifetime is like 1/3 or 1/4.  just wanted to give the other spin on this topic

ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 02:10:43 PM »

I don't think children should be alone on a flight at all. I will be damned if I let mine alone on a plane, or a bus for that matter. The child should have been moved closer to the flight attendants, and left the man alone to be none the wiser.

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 02:18:45 PM »

Yes, good point...that is another thing...why the hell would you leave your child to take a flight alone? My daughter is the most important thing to me in the world and I would give or do anything to ensure her safety and well being. It makes me wonder about parents who wouldn't.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Does this sound fair to you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.