Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:18:44 AM
714325 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Site Move and Phorum "To Do" List « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Site Move and Phorum "To Do" List  (Read 3363 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 02, 2005, 10:52:06 PM »

Hey everyone,

I am not going to do much tonight on the phorum.  I only just got home and have to be in early.  However, I did fix the way the Phorum counts posts in the main view.  Now, instead of counting the original post, the board only counts replies to determine the number there.

Please use this thread for any suggestions or fixes that are needed.  I understand that the change may have been difficult, but things should be acting better now and I will give everyone a better explanation of why this had to happen when I have some more time.  Maybe Sunday night?

My next thing, that I am doing tonight, is moving the site to the new server.  Things will be screwy over the weekend as that happens.

UPDATE:  4 December

The site has moved and the new host finally imported the databases that contain all the message board and comments section.  (I do not have shell access on this new server, which drives me nuts, but it should rarely be an issue.  It just was with the move.)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 06:35:55 PM »

Good to see the board back up and running!

I do have a question though.  I've noticed a few of my posts have either dissappeared or not been actually posted up, despite the fact that I thought they worked [for instance I think I replied to this thread a couple of days ago but now it's not here]  

I figure it's all part of the move, but I know shadowphile has had the same problem.

Oh and as hilarious and entertaining as they were [um sure they were!!!], I'm not after someone to trawl through the board looking for these missing posts, I just thought I'd bring it to your attention in case it was a different problem.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 08:12:55 PM »

Andrew!  I bow to you for bringing the board back up.  I've been going to withdrawls all weekend.

Thanks for fixing the post counting thing.  Like I said before, it wasn't major but bugged the hell out of me.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 08:19:17 PM »

A few posts will have disappeared, because they are still on the old server.  I exported the entire database (73 meg!) right before I submitted the DNS change that pointed Badmovies.org to the new server.  That took a bit to catch up with the whole Internet and some networks are probably still looking at the older server.  Anyway, the posts probably were made after I made the changes, but before the new address had caught up to your network.

Definitely agree on the post counting bug.  Not a bug, because it was written that way.  I found it counter-intuitive as well.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 03:54:48 AM »

I'm not sure what it is, but I can't download any of the movie clips at the moment.

So, it may be the site move, or the fact that I use Firefox, but I can't watch any of the movie clips.

Word to the wise, is all.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 04:19:13 AM »

Just me screwing up.  Well, not doing enough testing.  The URL is case-sensitive.  I corrected the problem and they all should be good to go now.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 09:59:09 AM »

Just wondering if the quote message button can be moved to the top of the text box rather than the bottom of the post box [if that makes sense at all]

With the lengthy topics I'm just a tad lazy when it comes to pressing the quote button, and it would be much easier closer to where you actually write things [similar to the old way]

Though this of course is a minor request, and as such doesn't need to be worried about at all so you can just go use the time doing something much more constructive.

:):)

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 10:42:52 AM »

Just thought I'd let you know that I've been having difficulty connecting to this Phorum.
I can connect, but it takes an eternity.
I have a cable broadband connection and all other websites load fast and fine.

Also, going from thread to thread once I'm here takes quite a long time.
Sometimes 30 seconds or more to just view a thread.
I assume it may have something to do with the recent server move.

Anyone else having the same problem?
odinn7

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 10:52:39 AM »

Yes, I am.

I asked about this in the Care and Feeding thread but I suppose it should have been here. At least I know it's not just me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 08:20:33 PM »

Mine was slow also, but I thought it was from adware that was on my laptop.

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 10:05:31 PM »

Roger that, I will try to keep an eye on it.  Hopefully that was not due to the server being busy from visitors.  If so, I may have to figure out some way to spread out the load.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 12:29:17 AM »

I may be blind, but the "Help" button which lets you know how to do basic code, such as links and pictures seem to have gone missing.

Also, when you put a link into your post, I was wondering if the default could be set to have the link open in a new window.  I know some people may not like the pop-up aspect, but I prefer to keep reading a thread while checking out the links.  If you prefer the link to be in the same window, is there a way to set up the link as opening a new window?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »

Mofo Rising Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Also, when you put a link into your post, I was
> wondering if the default could be set to have the
> link open in a new window.  I know some people may
> not like the pop-up aspect, but I prefer to keep
> reading a thread while checking out the links.  If
> you prefer the link to be in the same window, is
> there a way to set up the link as opening a new
> window?

Right-click the link and select Open in New WIndow.  Or even better, if you are using a browser (Firefox, Mozilla, Opera) that supports tabs, Open in New Tab.  Tabbed browsing is VERY efficient.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 01:56:06 PM »

ulthar Wrote:
> Right-click the link and select Open in New
> WIndow.  Or even better, if you are using a
> browser (Firefox, Mozilla, Opera) that supports
> tabs, Open in New Tab.  Tabbed browsing is VERY
> efficient.
>

Oh, I know that, and I love me those tabs.  I'm just wondering if we couldn't get new windows to be the default.  It's just what I would prefer, not something that necessarily needs to be done.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 02:33:34 PM »

Mofo Rising Wrote:
>
> Oh, I know that, and I love me those tabs.  I'm
> just wondering if we couldn't get new windows to
> be the default.  It's just what I would prefer,
> not something that necessarily needs to be done.

Okay, sorry.  I think (depending on your browser) you can set New Window as default behavior.  Of course, that would not be site specific.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Site Move and Phorum "To Do" List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.