Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:40:08 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stubbs the Zombie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stubbs the Zombie  (Read 1683 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 04, 2005, 10:28:57 PM »

I couldn't quite call this OT, because although it's a video game, it is *so*  on topic.

I finally got my  hands on a Mac copy of the game and have been having a great time playing it through (working on second time, harder settings).

The basic premise is that you play the part of a zombie, and shamble around eating brains, killing and maiming.  Those that you kill rise again as zombies and follow you along to help you.  You also get to use special zombie powers like Unholy Flatulence... rolling your (exploding) head like a bowling ball... throwing your guts as bombs... and my favorite, ripping off your hand and scuttling it around until it can hop on someone's head, possessing him for your use.

There is a truly awe-inspiring fountain of gore when you chomp someone's head to eat his or her brains.  Blood, bits of skull, everywhere.... along with an excellently prolonged, B-grade worthy scream.  

There's a lot more to the game than just that, but it's all pretty much in the genre and very goofily gory and amusing.   Absolutely hilarious game, one that is sure to meet public disapproval given how aggressively tacky and gross it is.  I most highly recommend it to those of you who are computer gamers...

dean

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 05:15:19 AM »

This better be on PC and it better come out here [if it hasn't already] because that sounds like an absolute blast.

I actually had a dream the other day that I was in the middle of a zombie invasion, my friend got bit, and I said to him something along the lines of 'you can stick around, but don't bite me' to which he promptly snarled and bit me on the shoulder.

Either he was really annoyed at my question, or I'm having dreams about joining the undead again, which is either a sign of the coming apocalypse, or a sign that I must play this game.

Only time and multiple killings will tell on this one...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 08:46:54 AM »

Zap,

I read about this one a while back.  It's running a tweaked version of the original Halo engine, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, thanks for the mini-review.  It's something that I'll sure check out for my Windows PC.  Sounds like a blast.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 12:47:36 AM »

It's out for PC and Xbox already, boyos.  And on the Mac.

Look at www.aspyr.com and follow the links.

It is an absolute blast.  I really can't explain exactly how utterly overdone the fountain o' gore is when you bite someone.  And I didn't even mention the part where you drive a tractor around a farm, running over neo-Nazi hillbillies with a front end loader that has pitchforks stuck on it...

nor did I mention the dance contest, the tanks and bazookas, or the level that is a shopping mall.  =)  What could possibly be better than being a zombie at a shopping mall, I ask you?

ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 08:56:33 AM »

Sounds like fun, I put it on my xmas wishlist.

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stubbs the Zombie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.