Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:23:31 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Aliens VS Predator « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aliens VS Predator  (Read 3751 times)
FishStik
« on: January 10, 2002, 11:56:26 AM »

I just saw Predator for the the first time a couple months ago. Now I am like obsessed with Predator. I never wanted to see it because people compaire it to the Aliens movies and I thought they sucked(Aliens[2] was good, but alien, aliens3 and Alien reserection were horrible).  Any way when I was visiting my dad he had just bought it on tape. I watched it and it was FRIGGIN' awsome. I laughed, I cried, I went out and bought it. Then I went and saw the Sequel and it eas better than the first predator. I read every Predator comic book, novel(except one, I bought it yesterday) and have some Predator props( I am thinking of buying this 7.5 foot statue of the Predator and putting it in my game room, then buying an 8ft statue of an Alien and put it across the game room). I heard they were making an Alien vs Predator movie. They haven't started makeing it yet  but it is an incredibly high possibility.  (I stole the following info from The Yautja(Predator) Encyclopedia,     www.geocites.com/gunsandgod   [great site]

"Sigourney Weaver again denied rumors that she's being paid $25 million to appear in a fifth Alien movie, according to TV Guide Online. "The amount was thrilling," Weaver told TV Guide. "I'm supporting my husband's [Manhattan] theater, so he was thrilled that he was going to be able to sign up for another five-year lease," she joked.
Weaver added with a laugh, "I would have to kill a few people to get that salary." But she said there are no plans for a fifth Alien movie. "As far as I know, there is no truth to any of it. My agents both called me and said, 'This is in the paper,' and I said, 'You've got to be kidding me!'"

she also said somewhere else that Aliens Vs Predators would ruin the seris. B.S
That's what Alien Ressurection did.  I plan on putting up a review of Predator and Predator 2 soon. If any one knows anthing about Aliens Vs Predator movie letme know. And if you think the Alien movies are better than the Predator movies post it.
Drezzy
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2002, 05:22:46 PM »

As a HUGE fan of the Alien series, I do feel they are superior. The comics, for the most part, are also superior, as are many of the novels (read "Aliens: Nightmare Asylum" and "Aliens: Tribes"* for proof).

I am, however, a huge fan of both series. Unfortunately, they completely ruined the series with Alien Resurrection. They should have just ended it at 3, or at least made 4 with an "Earth War" idea (read the novel "Aliens: The Female War," or the 4-part comic series "Earth War" for ideas on how good it could have been). But NOOOO...cloning BS, and "we must escape!" instead of the good old-fashioned "blow the f**kers to hell." You'd think that with superior weaponry they'd have balls, but NOOOOOOOO...
JakeB
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2002, 06:44:05 PM »

Ahh yes the aliens comic books.  I have a bunch of them the Aliens Colonial Marines were my favorite.
Neville
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2002, 07:05:49 AM »

True, the comics rock. I think some of them are actually better than the Alien movies. About the Alien vs. Predator movie project, it has been on the cupboard for years and it is possible they won't ever do it. However, the script is available at many script pages and it is a decent reading. Check this two websites:

www.script-o-rama.com

www.movie-page.com (recommended)

And tell us iff the script was good!
Frederik Pileborg
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2002, 07:14:46 AM »

Aah... a blast from the not so distant past. They were going to do Alien Vs Predator a few years ago, but it got scrapped in preproduction. I have the script, and with some effort it could have been an ok action flick. Sigourney Weaver was not supposed to be in it.

The closest you are going to get is actually the game Alien Vs Predator 2 which is somewhat similar to the script, but it's been a few years since I read it. It did however have marines, predators, and aliens running around on a planet slaughtering each other, but with some bonding between a hero marine and a hero predator called Broken Tusk (so you could distinguish him from the others).

I doubt very much there will ever be an Alien Vs Predator movie.
FishStik
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2002, 03:53:04 PM »

Broken Tusk is from the Aliens Vs Predator novel. he broke his tusk when he killed an alien queen unarmed
Frederik Pileborg
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2002, 05:13:18 PM »

I didn't know that. I wonder if the script got it from the books or the other way around. As I remember it his tusk is already broken in the script.
FishStik
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2002, 05:59:35 PM »

He broke it along time before he died. he had the queens skull as a trophey. he was the bravest one and famous and crap like that. he teamed up with a japanese girl and the fought together
Frederik Pileborg
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2002, 06:10:19 PM »

Her name wouldn't be Hiroko, would it? That's the hero marine in the script.
FishStik
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2002, 12:02:00 AM »

No, it's Machiko Noguchi. The predators real name is DaChande, Broken Tusk is (was) his nickname. I have to check out the script.
Frederik Pileborg
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2002, 12:59:18 AM »

It's Hiroko Noguchi in the script. Hardly a coincidence.
Harry Von StinksALot
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2002, 04:05:38 PM »

Wow, you actually thought Aliens was good, I found it pretty damn gimmicky... "We're marines, we have big guns and say memorable one liners..." that goes for both the Predator movies also, but hey, we are on this site...
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2002, 04:07:54 PM »

There were also some rumours in the mill about Robert Rodriguez directing a WWF-style Predator 3 on the Predator's homeworld where they kidnap humans and make them fight to the death.  That never happened either.  Most of this stuff is just fan speculation and wet dreams, but the AVP movie project was scrapped long ago because it would be rediculously expensive.
And on an unrelated note about scripts on the internet, I'd like to kill whoever thinks they're selling Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses script on eBay.  I really hope no one fell for that crap.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Aliens VS Predator « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.