Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:01:27 AM
713343 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ahh, I just finished watching the REAL original trilogy on DVD. (+Fantastic 4) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ahh, I just finished watching the REAL original trilogy on DVD. (+Fantastic 4)  (Read 1053 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 11, 2005, 04:47:49 PM »

Now that I've got a week between ending my old job and starting my new one, I'm catching up on my movie watching.  Such is the life of a bachelor without a girlfriend.

Anyways ...

A friend of a friend bought and watched the original Star Wars Special Edition DVDs, found himself extremely p**sed off at the changes, and burned his own DVDs of the unaltered trilogy from old laserdisc copies.

Watching them was great.  All the original aliens in the Cantina.  Han fired first.  No skinny Jabba.  The weird-looking Emperor in Empire Strikes Back.  The original Max Rebo Band music.  No stupid beak coming out of the Sarlaac.  One alteration I kind of missed was the added footage of planets celebrating the Emperor's Death at the end of Return of the Jedi.

All in all ... ahhh.  I loves me the Star Wars and it's been quite some time since my old VHS tapes died, preventing me from seeing the REAL original trilogy.

I also watched Fantastic 4.  It wasn't so much bad as it was extremely lazy.  Fantastic 4 is a by-the-numbers superhero movie that pretty much relies entirely on Jessica Alba in her costume to sell it.  If you're not totally in love with Ms. Alba, there's ... really not much here.  Unless you have some strange desire to spend a while with one of the most intolerable people ever filmed (Johnny Storm), or witness the complete mishandling of one of the greatest comic book characters ever (Doctor Doom).

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 05:34:12 PM »

I still have my unaltered VHS copies and they're in good shape (as far as I know). I guess that's because I barely touch them. Last weekend I watched "A New Hope" again for the first time in years. I was planning on watching the next two films, also, but had to change my plans when more important things came up.

I did enjoy "A New Hope", but not as much as I did when I was younger. I guess Lucas has kind of ruined it for me with all his recent tamperings. I'm tired of complaining about him, though, and I'm sure others are tired of hearing/reading my complaints. I figure it's time for me to move on... after all, we have a whole new trilogy to love: "Lord of the Rings." That's my new "Star Wars" now.

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:34:39 AM »

Though I dislike the tamperings I am tired of hearing about it.

You rule akiratubo!

REAL original trilogy forever!

And yes I will admit it was kind of neat to see all those other planets celebrating that great defeat for the Empire.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ahh, I just finished watching the REAL original trilogy on DVD. (+Fantastic 4) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.