Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:29:55 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My favorite movie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My favorite movie  (Read 9495 times)
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
« on: March 19, 2001, 05:18:34 PM »

The Wraith
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2001, 06:04:13 PM »

Jaws
Gerry
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2001, 07:40:41 PM »

CONAN THE BARBARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Riddle of Steel!" -- Conan
"Yes, you know it, don't you boy?" -- Thulsa Doom
peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2001, 08:12:37 PM »

The Seventh Seal:
God, Satan, sex, violence, witches, torture, surrealism, goofy comedy, unforgettable photography, creepy musical score, a "look" and a style all its own, the plague, Death, playing chess to stave off the inevitable . . .
Many people avoid this picture because of its heavy "art" reputation.  Don't make this mistake!  If there ever was a "movie-movie" that you can watch again and again, this is it.
Abby
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2001, 08:38:48 PM »

Abby
Warren H.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2001, 11:04:48 PM »

What is this "All Your Base are Belong to Us" crap?  I play the online game Asheron's Call and EVERYBODY is saying it.  It's getting even older than "Wazzzzuuup!"  Now it's made its way here?  What is it referring to?  Arrrrgh!
Josh Leman
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2001, 11:41:17 PM »

My favorites are Princess Mononoke and Kwaidan (an AWESOME Japanese ghost story movie, recently released on an excellent DVD from Criterion).  And like most of us, I have a real soft spot for Dead Alive.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2001, 12:39:04 AM »

I only saw 20 minutes of princess mononoke because I had to leave my friends house, but I am planning on getting it from what I saw of it
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2001, 04:02:15 AM »

The Howling,or when drunk-Boogie Nights.
Scott
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2001, 11:33:44 AM »

Yes, to Gerry and his choice of CONAN THE BARBARIAN. This movie is probably one of the most meaningful films ever made. The Philosophies found in it are so solid that nothing compare to this film. Phalsa Doom is the greatest screen character ever in film. When I was 17 and with my last dollars I paid to see this film 4 times at the theater.

CONAN THE DESTROYER was really poor. I was very disappointed in the sequel. It dosn't deserve the title of the first film. The only redeeming quality Destroyer has is Grace Jones. Grace Jones is also good in that James Bond film VIEW TO A KILL.

SEVENTH SEAL Peter I am going to see this film eventually. I've been wanting to see it for a long time now. The images on the box really look good.
Gerry
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2001, 01:36:25 PM »

Scott wrote:
> Yes, to Gerry and his choice of CONAN THE BARBARIAN.
> This movie is probably one of the most meaningful films ever
> made. The Philosophies found in it are so solid that nothing
> compare to this film. Phalsa Doom is the greatest screen
> character ever in film. When I was 17 and with my last
> dollars I paid to see this film 4 times at the theater.

Arnold has never been better before nor since.  It was a case of perfect casting pure and simple.

If you do not already have the CONAN THE BARBARIAN collectors edition DVD, you =have= to buy it now!!!!  One of the all time best DVDs ever IMO.

"Conan, what is best in life?" -- Mongol General
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women!" -- Conan

Gerry
Scott
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2001, 11:05:26 PM »

When I get a DVD I'll  get a copy. Gerry really understands this film. Glad to hear of another fan of this film. Most people make fun of Arnold  doing this role. They never look deeper. This film CONAN THE BARBARIAN has always meant alot to me.

By the way Gerry have you ever seen LOST HORIZON (1930?). It has a funeral procession much like the one after Conan cuts off Phalsa Dooms head. The images are almost exact with the stairs and people.
Gerry
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2001, 12:16:45 PM »

Scott wrote:
>
> By the way Gerry have you ever seen LOST HORIZON (1930?). It
> has a funeral procession much like the one after Conan cuts
> off Phalsa Dooms head. The images are almost exact with the
> stairs and people.

No I haven't, but it's one I want to catch.  Have you ever noticed the similarity between the end of CONAN and the end of APOCALYPSE NOW (that was coincidentally also penned in part by John Milius)?  The mob cowed into passivity by the hero who has killed their god.  The way he drops the machete (sword) to the stone steps.  The way he takes the misled youth back to civilization away from the cult worship that has seduced him.

"Is this your priest's robe?" -- Conan
"Yes.  It's all I have." -- Doom Cult Priest
"Good.  It's all you'll ever need." -- Conan

And yes, I do have the entire movie memorized!  My family thinks I'm crazy.

Gerry
Fritz
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2001, 11:20:05 AM »

DAWN OF THE DEAD

"The people they kill,get up and kill!!"
Scott
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2001, 11:38:53 AM »

That may explain my fasination with APOCOLYPSE NOW also, not just the death of the leaders, but the whole atmosphere of hope/hopelessness. I also know that Oliver Stone wrote some of it.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My favorite movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.