Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:13:58 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My interview with Uwe Boll « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My interview with Uwe Boll  (Read 4512 times)
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 01, 2006, 11:16:46 PM »

With the impending release of his movie adaptation of the video game Bloodrayne, I conducted another interview with the man that has become the online film community's favorite directorial punching bag for The Horror Channel's Dread Central. I heard from numerous people after my first interview with Boll last January who said they came away from it seeing Boll in a different light and that he actually seemed like a cool guy after all. Unfortunately, Alone in the Dark came out about a week later and it was back to playing Whack-A-Boll. This time out topics covered include German tax laws, his casting techniques, drunken Tara Reid, POSTAL, DUNGEON SIEGE's length, what classic horror film he'd have liked to remake, meeting the Ain't It Cool News crowd, and much, much, more. I think you'll find the interview quite interesting as well as amusing. Click the link, read the interview, and get boll'd over!

FOYWONDER INTERVIEWS DR. BOLL

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 12:45:20 AM »

Fun! Great interview! I'm surprised to see how optimistic he is about his supposed fan-base considering nearly 100% negative reviews. But both of your interviews do a great job at revealing how much of a movie lover Boll is and a little part inside of me is cheering *yeah!* along with him during his films. Of course the rest of me wants to beat proper filmmaking into his head, but the point is that he makes the movies he wants to make based on what he likes. He's a fanboy the same as we are, just one who's good at the moviemaking business. It's true what he says: he does make money.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:16:22 AM »

Interesting interview.

After all is said and done, I really have to agree, Foy; if he makes crap we'll like it, and if he makes something good for once, then all the better, so it really is win win.

Also, as much as I dislike the guy, you have to admit that making all your films with your own funding without a major studio's backing is impressive, regardless of whether they are successful or not.  I guess that makes him an independent filmmaker doesn't it?

Anyways, that being said, I still probably won't see Bloodrayne until long after it is out on DVD since I really don't care about it, but Postal sounds interesting.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 11:00:23 AM »

I can't believe how many well established actors/actresses sign up for Boll's horrible movies. The poster for "Dungeon Siege: Wannabe Return of the King: The Longest Movie Title In The World"  is hillarious because it features all people you recognize, almost like the cast of "Bloodrayne", and you're left asking yourself, "What is wrong with these jackasses? Have they seen Boll's previous flops?"

Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting the failure of "Bloodrayne." I enjoyed that game immensely and was sad to hear that Boll got the film rights. I'll catch "Underworld: Evolution" in theaters instead- a movie that's sure to be superior to Boll's "Bloodrayne" in every single way.

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »

I don't think I've seen any Boll movies but just the sheer volume of vitriol aimed against him seems like recommendation enough.  (and I bet Boll likes it that way) What can I say, I like bad movies.  Last week I feel asleep while "2019: After The Fall Of New York" was playing in the background.  I had already watchied it so I just popped it in and let myslf nod off...on several different nights.  To me the only bad movie is a boring movie.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 12:32:36 PM »

People can raise hell about how crappy Boll's films are and he is just going to laugh his way to the bank.  With the budget's he works with they probably make back their money in the first week and then they are going to do a lot of DVD business.

So as much as you might hate his stuff as long as he makes his investor's money, he's going to keep making them.

That another reason all these bad remakes of old horror movies keep getting made. They are made on low budgets then advertised to death, so when the film opens it makes back all the money spent on it in the first weekend.

It's a money machine folks and has nothing to do with good film making.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 12:46:17 PM »

I like to watch bad movies, but I also enjoy good ones as well. I felt that "Bloodrayne" should've been a good movie, not a bad one, and that's where my disappointment lies. But Boll can ruin "Dungeon Siege" and "Postal"... I didn't play either of those games and could care less how bad the film adaptations are. :)

Boll just better keep his filthy hands off of "Zelda", should the day come when Nintendo decides to make that a movie. "Uwe Boll Presents: Zelda" would probably make me "Postal."

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 04:35:13 AM »

Boll just better keep his filthy hands off of "Zelda", should the day come when Nintendo decides to make that a movie. "Uwe Boll Presents: Zelda" would probably make me "Postal."

I like Uwe Boll's movies (aside from House of the Dead) but yeah... A Zelda by him just wouldn't be right, it'd need to be something very thoughtful and well scripted, etc.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My interview with Uwe Boll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.