Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:00:14 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Monster movie ever made?................ « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Worst Monster movie ever made?................  (Read 6203 times)
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« on: January 02, 2006, 09:24:27 AM »

I may get a lot of attacks for this but I think the most recent "American" Godzillia movie with Matthew Broderick(whom I usually like) is the worst monster movie ever made. It was obvious these guys either never saw the original Godzilla flicks or simply didn't care. This wasn't the first American try at the big green guy either---remember Godzilla 1985?

Both to my recollection were essentially flops but is that any wonder?

I will say this, The japanese were p**sed over both movies and felt they were insults to the real Godzilla, in the case of Godzilla 1985 I feel they have no freakin right to be mad....I see it simply as the score being evened for their disrespectful destruction of OUR monster King Kong, they started it by making a Kong who was a punch juice druggie so I figure Godzilla 1985 was a way of getting revenge and that makes it allright.

The newer American Godzilla movie however I'll go ahead and side with them on--the score was evened so there was no need to destroy Godzillia again....

God, why did some moron decide to ruin the Dukes Of Hazard with Jessica Simspon as Daisy? Yeaaaaauuurrrgggghhh--the HORROR!
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:28:40 AM »

The American Godzilla movies were by far not the worst monster movies ever made.  At least the more recent one with Broderick was a decent movie in it's own right, as far as thos emovies go.  May not have been what people want from "Godzilla" but taken on it's ownmerits as a giant monster movie it wasn't too bad...I've seen worse and heard of worse

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »

The Broderick Godzilla turned me off when all the baby Godzilla's hatched.  It was like a raptor swarm.  If I wanted to see that kind of action, I'd go back to Jurassic Park.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 09:30:29 PM »

Granted the Broderick Godzilla might win the prize for having missed the mark most. However, it was far from the worst monster movie ever. The Beast of Yucca Flats is much worse, as the "monster" is just Tor Johnson making random grunts in the desert. I think that I'd probably nominate The Godmonster of Indian Flats as at least one of the worst. The "monster" is an eight-foot-tall mutated sheep with mismatched forelegs (one is about three feet long, the other is about one and a half feet). It really has nothing to do with the movie; it wanders around, eats a few hot dogs at a kid's birthday party (the kids scream and run away from it), dances with a weird hippie lady, and then it gets captured and put on display. I can't think of any less menacing or more useless monster.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:45:48 PM »

Pops:  I gotta say, I like you --
I like your posts --
BUT . . . (Didn't you know there'd be a Big But?) . . ."The Worst Monster Movie Ever Made"??!!?
Please . . .
"Not up to expectations", perhaps, but "Worst"?  Have you never seen The Flying Claw?  Monster of Piedro Blancas?
THE CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA!!??
The list here could go on . . . My point would be that in a world that has had mainstream release films of giant balls of carpet (The Creeping Unknown) and ping-pong ball eyed men in shredded canvas suits -- see Haunted Sea -- to honor a relatively innocuous CGI exercise as "Worst Monster"  movie is really going overboard . . .
Rethink your position, please . . .
Thankyou
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 12:02:49 AM »

It's Alive!
Directed by Larry Buchanan, which should be self explanitory.
I can't remember what they called the monster, but it was supposed to be some kind of forty-foot tall dinosaur, but it only has two scenes at the very begining & very end of the film, and it's just some guy in a bug suit.
Seriously, it's not even on parr with Godzilla Vs. Megalon

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 05:16:06 AM »

I think the topic is too broad. Perhaps if it were narrowed to worst giant monster movie. Even so, American Godzilla is far from the worst. It's not great, but not horrible either. It scores lower for most of us because we give it demerits for screwing around too much with a beloved icon. Had it been released under a totally different name, we might have liked it better.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 11:30:47 AM »

I guess I shoulda been specific I meant the "large ramoaging through a city godzilla/kong sized " type monster movie.

I know it isn't a movie(although they have made one or two)but I think Power Rangers might just be the only one that beats the american Godzilla as the worst(at least IMHO) i mean really, the PR's are so far off the original concept now that it ain't even funny. Power Rangers is one of those things that has lived far past it's prime and or time and just needs to do everyone a favor and die for once and for all.

God, why did some moron decide to ruin the Dukes Of Hazard with Jessica Simspon as Daisy? Yeaaaaauuurrrgggghhh--the HORROR!
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 01:52:18 PM »

something tells me that "kaiju vs sentai warrior" programs, be they live action or animated, aren't going anywhere. also, i fail to see how the power rangers are "so far off the original concept".

pops_mcfly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 02:24:08 PM »

to my knowledge, it used to be just ordinary kids, I think they are aliens who just look human now... but regardless, my point is this. Wether or not the Power Ranger format itself ever goes outta style I dunno--heck I could care less if similar shows keep coming up. I just wish the Power Rangers themselves would die off.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 02:48:13 PM »

Hard to believe the Power Rangers have been around, in one incarnation or another, for so long. I'll agree that the concept of the first show (which I hated anyway) really was lost in later ones. I could never understand why they had to keep reinventing the show so often, but then the whole live-action kids show thing was kind of lost on me. I just complained that they didn't seem to show cartoons on Saturday morning anymore (and in later years that they didn't show cartoons that weren't Digimon).

One of the more recent shows, Power Rangers: Space Patrol Delta, did manage to crack me up. I would have to explain that my wife suffered from a complication of pregnancy in which the ligaments of the pelvis slacken excessively, making movement rather painful. The short form is SPD. So, when a TV spot came on, promoting Power Rangers: SPD, the first thought that came to mind was Power Rangers: Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. Then my fertile imagination began to picture such a show.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
MovieBug
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 03:12:34 PM »

In my opinion one of the worst was Yongary, Monster from the Deep. A cheap Korean knockoff of Godzilla produced back in the 60's.
Normally, I love kaiju films. Even the bad ones (well, especially the bad ones)....but this one stank. The moster is so obviously man-in-rubber-suit, that even I can't suspend my rational adult mind and enjoy the film as a kid. And there must be a hundred shots of Yongary "breathing fire" through a nozzle set into the back of his mouth (very visible).
Fearless Freep

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »

Yongary was one I heard of...haven't seen

Also I think there was a Danish one at one time, not sure...

=======================
daveblackeye15

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »

I think you're refering to "Reptilicus",Freep.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 11:00:15 PM »

Yeah, that's it...havent' seen it either, yet!

=======================
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Monster movie ever made?................ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.