Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:30 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movie Poll Ever « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst Movie Poll Ever  (Read 3385 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 09, 2006, 12:13:05 PM »

I can't believe that of all websites, the IMDB would create one of the crappiest movie polls I've ever seen.
Just look at the results, especially in the "Worst of 2005" category.

Obviously, the idiots that frequent their message boards submitted most of the votes.
Never in my life have I seen such flawed results.

CHECK IT OUT HERE

What do you think?
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 12:19:42 PM »

Most (not all, but most) of the people that frequent their boards seem to be idiots. I guess these people did the voting. No matter what, polls are always going to have things that people disagree with so I can't say much about what I saw there. Some I agree with, some I don't but it is obvious that the majority of votes are coming from the people on their boards.
Not the higher class crowd that we have going here ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 12:55:01 PM »

I'm glad they showed the breakdown of the votes. If they'd just listed the movies, it would have been very misleading. As it is, no movie was picked by any more than a small minority of voters. Nothing really stands out. Not really a whole lot of voters either, and all sought out the poll voluntarily. I don't expect anyone would consider it a cross-section of the viewing public. The poll is meaningless.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 01:18:08 PM »

I guess it isn't the poll that's bad...it's the people that voted in it.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 02:31:52 PM »

I'd say its both, since most polls conducted strictly for entertainment purposes are not set up in a way that's likely to yield meaningful results.

Still, this poll does indicate that not a whole lot of people really loved or hated any of the movies above all others. Few garnered more than a small piece of the vote for either best or worst, which is probably pretty close to the truth. You could say that this poll indicates that there are a lot of mediocre movies out there, that fail to really impress people one way or the other.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
MovieBug
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 05:36:39 AM »

I used to post at IMDB's boards.
The people there are idiots (most of them act like a load of 10-year olds).

My own worst movie list would probably include a ton of films that won Oscars.
While my best movie list would contain plenty of b-films and cult cinema hits.
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 07:53:03 PM »

Okay.As Far as That Goes,I LIked "King Kong".I Thought It was A Very Good Remake of The Original.Plus,My wife and Her Sisters and Myself Saw "Monster in Law";"Herbie Fully Loaded"and"Bewitched"And We Thought They wrre Pretty Good.Yes,jamie Foxx Blew It in "Stealth",But He Made Up For It In "Jarhead".
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 08:01:11 PM »

But Then Again,To see The stars of "Brokeback Mountain"on The Worst Actor List Is Kinda Poetic,Since You Got Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell Screaming About How "BBM"Is Destroying "Family Values",And All The Others Swooning About How It's All About Two People In Love!!YAWN!!It's Just A Movie About Gay Cowboys Eating Pudding!!If You don't want to see It,Don't go!!By This Time Next Year,People Will Have orgotten all About it!!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 01:54:11 PM »

Interesting, but not much use, as like most such lists, it is more a choice of what is popular and well-known, than of quality or the lack thereof.

Now, compare their "best" list with the critics' "best" list.

Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Good Night and Good Luck (the only film on this list, that I have seen.)
A History of Violence
The Squid and the Whale

Notice the difference.
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 02:57:32 PM »

Yeah,But Why Don't They Give Movies Titles That Make Sense??I Mean "The squid and the Whale"is about a Family going through a Divorce.What does naming it after a pair of Undersea Creatures have to do with Divorce?"The Chumscrubber".Sounds like a bad BMovie Horror Flick!!Not about some Autitistic Gay Cowboy Eating Pudding with Cindy Sheehan and Bill O'Reilly on Wisteria Lane with the Desperate Housewives whose Son O.D.'ed on Prescription Drugs or something!!!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movie Poll Ever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.