|Copyright 1974 CIE Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Dolemite - Rudy Ray Moore! He's big, he's mean, he's a lover and a fighter. He's not really a good guy, but he's better than the bad guys, he's Dolemite!
- Queen Bee - Dolemite's madam, she has been running, er, business while he was in prison.
- One Dozen Kung Fu Hookers - Dolemite's girls, put through training by Queen Bee to make them a lethal force.
- The Reverend - Minister with some general celibacy issues.
- Blakeley - FBI agent who wants to help Dolemite.
- Mitchell and White - Pair of corrupt FBI officers, both of them look like used car salesmen.
- The Creeper - Odd little drug addict who hangs around hamburger stands. Gunned down by Willie Green's men.
- Willie Green - The nemesis of any respectable prostitution ring and Dolemite's rival, takes a fall.
- Willie Green's Men - A bunch of thugs and bouncers, no match for Dolemite and his Kung Fu Hookers.
|Any movie which makes me take notice of the language is an eye opener to start with. When it involves a very large jiving man who commands an army of hookers trained in martial arts I get excited. Hence we have this piece of work. Dolemite was set up by Mitchell and White (Who take their orders from the Mayor, who has a business relationship with Willie Green.) on drug and theft charges. When the prison warden notices crime is still skyrocketing he makes Dolemite a deal, clean up the streets and you're a free man. ("Hey boss, we imprisoned this guy, but the crime rate is going up. Obviously he wasn't the problem, guess we should let him out...") What follows is chaos, crazy fight scenes, gratuitous sex, and some amazingly funny dialog. One of the first things accomplished is getting Dolemite's nightclub back from Willie Green, which is neatly taken care of by a secret compartment full of cash under the floor. (Queen Bee had to give up the club for borrowing money.) Willie is not very happy with losing his cash cow, when he shows up with a small army of henchmen to shut the club down all heck breaks loose. I love the martial arts touch, nobody just throws punches, have you ever seen a girl wearing polyester bell bottoms use Ti Kwan Leep on someone? Good stuff, I assure you. On top of all this you have our title character's wardrobe, any man confident enough to wear those has to be tough. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- The FBI does not require search warrants.
- Never ask some girl, who is holding a switchblade, to help you.
- Hookers are prone to mood swings.
- Poetic street dissertations are a valid form of ID.
- Bad edits really can ruin a sex scene.
- Hookers are all blackbelts.
- Compound interest sucks.
- I really don't need to see some fat guy naked, especially from the rear.
- It takes less than ten seconds to strangle someone.
- Shooting with two pistols is much easier if you are bowlegged.
- 4 mins - Somebody was paid to choreograph this fight scene?
- 11 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 13 mins - Where did all the dead guys go?
- 16 mins - I want a red velour couch!
- 19 mins - That's quite a massage, hey, what sort of place is this anyway?
- 19 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 21 mins - Oops, boom mike...
- 40 mins - Now that is one big woman.
- 41 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST DOMINOS!
- 44 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 66 mins - Enough of this dance scene, please?
- 77 mins - Good towel, good towel...stay...
- Ending Credits - Special thanks to: Mr. Fat Burger and The Geisha House of Beautiful Women.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Queen Bee: "Me and these girls had to sell p***y on the God damn corner trying to save your black ass. We almost lost this house."
||Dude: "By the way, who are you waiting for anyway?" |
Girl: "I'm waiting for Dolemite!"
Dude: "For who?"
Dolemite: "Dolemite motherf***er, you heard her."
||Dolemite: "I'm going to let 'em know that Dolemite is my name and f***ing up motherf***er's is my game!"
||Dolemite: "You rat soup eating honky motherf***er!"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on November 29, 1999, 12:44:05 PM by Kurt V.
Watching it with friends we all went into shock during the sex scene where they suddenly switch to "Ho Cam" so you too can live the experience of having sex with Dolemite.
I never felt so sorry for a camera operator.
Reply #2. Posted on December 02, 1999, 04:28:03 PM by Mr. Piccolo
This movie sucks! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT view this movie at all under threat of extreme pain!! The Dolemite Cam when he was having sex with that ho was the worst for me.. I had nightmares about that!!! If you see Dolemite in the video store or on TV, run not walk away! You won't be sorry. Trust me.....
Reply #3. Posted on December 18, 1999, 11:19:59 PM by Drew Baye
Dolemite was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. If you liked Dolemite, you MUST check out Dolemite II: The Human Tornado. More crooked cops, pointless sex scenes, kung fu hookers, wild pimp outfits, and bad dialogue than the first.
They've even got a web site www.dolemite.com
Reply #4. Posted on December 24, 1999, 05:42:00 PM by email@example.com
Thank you for finally putting a BAD movie on here! To quote RUN DMC: "Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning GOOD"! Rudy's films may not have the best production value, but they sure as hell are fun to watch. Say what you will about the man, but there's nobody like him. I highly recommend SUPER SOUL BROTHER if you like movies like DOLEMITE. It doesn't have Rudy in it, but it's got the same spirit and was made around the same time.
Reply #5. Posted on April 11, 2000, 08:21:01 AM by Scott R
One of cinemas greatest achievments!! A new movie is currently being filmed starring Rudy Ray his Bad ass self! God I can hardly wait!!!
Reply #6. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Canadaphile
Much propz and mad love to my bro Russell (rest in peace), who turned me on to this movie many years ago. I literally cried my contacts out from laughing so hard the first time I saw it. The "Ho Cam" scene alone will have you on the floor (at least it did for me). And God bless him, Rudy Ray Moore is still doing stand-up--and still dressing like a pimp!
Reply #7. Posted on May 21, 2000, 03:37:53 PM by sws
Dolemite kicks but.He's really stylish and he's got no shortage of babes.Dolemite deserves that after being what I thought was some unfair prison time.
Reply #8. Posted on July 19, 2000, 01:27:30 PM by Wes Bult
Dolemite is about the funniest movie I've ever seen in my life. Although his martial arts technique may need refining, Dolemite's verbal lashings are classic. I fell on the floor laughing. I'm a no-business, born insecure, rat soup eating, jackass and I love it! Thank you Dolemite.
|Pages:  2 3 ... 5 |