|Copyright 1985 O'Quinn Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Chris and Eddie - Annoying hosts.
- Dr. Dobermind - Sicko taxidermist.
- Jenny - Schoolgirl who needs counseling, she keeps seeing Dobermind everywhere.
- Ash, Wrigley, Porker, and Limberger - Parodies of the characters in "Alien."
- Zachary - Young kid who believes in monsters.
- Mom, Dad, and Barry - Zachary's family, the two males get munched by the monster.
- Mike, Fred, and two guy's who are never named - Playing poker at Fred's house they are interrupted by an alien visitor, Fred gets a special effect through his forehead (dead).
- The Illegal Alien - A demented clown/mime thing.
- The Monster - Creature from Zachary's dreams, we see it's hand cover the trashcan in the end though.
- The Thing in the Basement - Very intelligent and powerful alien, seems to be indestructable.
|Not really one movie, but four shorts. And I mean short, the entire thing is about one hour. One hour including having to put up with Chris and Eddie, if fate ever shines on me to host a tape or show like this and I act the same - kill me. Smother me with a pillow, smash out the window, and escape to Canada. The films are pretty good for just being shorts and, since they are different, I never grew bored. Jenny visits the museum and meets Dr. Dobermind, after that she struggles through a host of horrific daydreams. Her face rots off at one point! Pretty straightforward and over before I could even make fun of it. Next up is a parody of "Alien" and it's not really original, more like "no budget." Enough on that one, it's like talking about your last bowel movement in depth. "Nightfright" is the third short film and my favorite. It deals with a kid who believes in monsters and one is living in his room! Under the bed, in the closet, you know all the hiding places. It eats his brother and father, about to eat him when the dream ends. Of course it was a dream, did your brother ever stick his head under the bed and get it bitten off? (Video below!) The last piece has some serious bad effects but they're funny, especially the sounds. A nice surprise in a very cheap package. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Taxidermists shouldn't work part time for ice cream shops.
- Sweaters are better than towels for drying your face.
- Nobody likes waking up to disco music.
- Starships run on diesel.
- Cream pies are involved in lobster procreation.
- Never stick your head under the bed in a b-movie.
- Monsters are obsessed with trash cans.
- Halley's Comet colliding with Earth will ruin a poker game.
- Everybody keeps a loaded Thompson (submachine gun) in their living room.
- Antimeson fields will stop .45 caliber slugs.
- 2 mins - Great, two idiot host guys.
- 10 mins - Young lady, why is there a severed head in your closet?
- 13 mins - Okay, enough of these two morons, put on anything but these two. Midget Iraqi wrestling? Terrific!
- 17 mins - Total "Alien" rip off, fine - it's a parody. Still sucks, are you happy?
- 22 mins - Why is there a lobster on that guy's face? What sort of nasty European porn is this?
- 35 mins - Stupid dog...
- 36 mins - Zach, that's coming from the closet, I'm all for running.
- 45 mins - The next short is called "The Thing in the Basement?" Oh heck.
- 50 mins - Ouch, glowing special effects to the head.
- Ending Credits - Slow down!
- Zachary: "Mom, Dad, the monster got Barry!"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Dr. Dobermind: "I hate animals! In my laboratory the animals are nothing more than molten, jellylike... ...lumps of rotting flesh!"
||Wrigley: "Okay Porker, load the shuttle with beer! I'm gonna blow that sucker right into outer space."
||Dad: "What are we supposed to be looking for?" |
Zachary: "A monster!"
||Guy: "Fred's been killed by an extraterrestrial beast from outer space!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Shawn Gossman
It is a very good movie! Newer horror films made today aren't good anymore, they are too into hyperactivity and suspense.
|Pages: 1  |