|Copyright 1993 Trimark Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Tory - Jennifer Aniston, way before the acting classes...
- Nathan - Big tough guy out to win Tory's heart, big and tough until a midget starts chewing on his leg.
- Dad - Tory's that is, admitted to the hospital after being bitten by a midget.
- Ozzie - Extremely stupid guy, he's always yelling that Martians are coming or something like that.
- Alex - Young kid who is a great deal more intelligent than Ozzie.
- The O'Grady's - Irish couple, Mr. Dan O'Grady is the one who took the Leprechaun's gold. Both experience bad luck around the little guy and subsequently die.
- Deputy Tripet - Fodder.
- The Leprechaun - Warwick Davis! Wee little person who loves to shine shoes and is extremely possessive of his gold.
|The luck of the Irish wasn't with this director, or with us guys watching for that matter. What the heck happened to Aniston's nipples, is it just cold on the set of "Friends" or does she stuff grapes down her bra? Regardless of all that, here's a movie befitting a hangover from green beer.
Ten years ago Dan O'Grady returned from Ireland a rich man, wealthy beyond his wildest dreams after taking the Leprechaun's gold. The devious little guy didn't take kindly to losing his loot, after finding the O'Gradys he kills the Mrs. and tortures Dan into having a stroke.
The old coot managed to stuff the midget into a crate, complete with four leaf clover to render him powerless, prior to collapsing. Now Tory's father has purchased the old farm, with Nathan and his pals fixing it up everything is going peachy - until Ozzie brushes the clover off the crate. Out pops the meanest thing under four feet tall you've ever seen, with a sick sense of humor to boot. It's only after Tory finds a four leaf clover and Alex slingshots the lucky charm into his mouth that the Leprechaun is vanquished.
There are some serious blockheads in this movie, Ozzie is first and foremost, though deputy Tripet comes in a close second. He pulls this maniac elf over for driving a Barbie race car down the road, it starts biting the heck out of him... ... so he runs into the woods. Then he throws his police baton at it. Besides killing stupid cops the Leprechaun is always whining about his lost treasure, "Where's meee gooolllddd?" and shining shoes, they actually distract him at one point by tossing dirty footwear his way. Not a very scary movie, but it's goofy as all get out most of the time.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Leprechauns are some pissed off little dudes.
- Four leaf clovers are like kryptonite to Leprechaun's.
- Tarantulas are native to North Dakota.
- You can make a boot out of ears.
- There's a rusting truck at the end of a rainbow.
- An operation can fix stupidity.
- Never stick your hand down a hole to grab a feral cat. (Or Leprechaun imitating a feral cat.)
- Leprechauns are carnivorous.
- Pogo sticks are lethal weapons.
- Nobody likes Lucky Charms cereal...
- Four-leaf clovers glow green.
- 11 mins - A country song about four leaf clovers?
- 13 mins - Nobody has lived in this house for ten years?
- 20 mins - These people are painting the house bright blue and the shutters a brick red.
- 29 mins - He swallowed a half dollar sized coin?
- 37 mins - Dude, somebody pushed that tricycle at you.
- 44 mins - Great idea, throw your baton at it Tripet, I hope you die.
- 52 mins - Group Leprechaun beating!
- 56 mins - Hmmm, I'd bet the Leprechaun is under the hood eating the distributor cap.
- 66 mins - Ozzie ate the last coin, bad news.
- Tory: "No dad, that was not an animal. Okay, I know what it feels like when a man caresses my leg."
Dad: "You do?"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Leprechaun: "What do I look like, me lad? See the hat, the buckles on me shoes? Why, I'm a leprechaun."
||Ozzie: "Hey, hey look up in the sky!" |
Alex: "So what Ozzie, it's just a rainbow."
Ozzie: "It's a magic rainbow."
||Ozzie: "Help, help it's happening! The attack is on...O'Grady farm...send help. The leprechaun is attacking!"
||Tory: (screams) |
Leprechaun: "Is that me gold?"
Tory: "What the Hell are you?"
Leprechaun: "I'm a leprechaun me dear."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Insult adds to injury when the leprechaun uses a pogo stick to punch a couple of holes in this dude's lung. Maybe Warwick needs to lose some weight.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on March 17, 1999, 03:00:04 PM by
Some good leprechaun-eye view of Aniston's behind as the little green freak chases her up a hill during a scene late in the movie (What can I say, I only rented the movie because she was in it).
Worth a mention is the leprechaun's varied assortment of transportation methods - toy racecar speeding down the road, pogo stick (also used as murder weapon), a wheelchair careening down the hallways of O'Grady's nursing home, a skateboard, and some welded together contraption, with a pitchfork on the front, that he comes bursting out of the barn with <I>and actually knocks over a full size truck</I> by slamming into the passenger side. He could've been a fifth member of the A-team with that thing. . .
Reply #2. Posted on March 21, 1999, 09:21:03 AM by BLAZINSUN
Yeah I saw this film for tha first time I think around 1995/96(I was like 11-12 at tha time). I was up a friends house with some otha guys from my grade school and we ended up checked this film out from across tha street at a cheap video store that lets people rent demo tapes(That's gainst tha law:o).
And I came across this film.
We payed like 3 bucks to rent it, Took it home watched it on tha large 32 inch tv screen that was sitting down stairs. At this age I never knew what a b-movie was, I just consider them as: cheap films that didnt make it big time. After watching this film I was just looking around for some of tha cheapest films I could find. Thanks to this film I'm now a b-movie fan.
This film is one of my favorite b-movies of all time, After watching tha first film I was hooked on tha little green bast**d, and have now I have watched tha 2nd, 3rd and 4orth parts. I'm hoping to see anotha in tha future some time. Tha forth film was great too(Tha outer space one)!
"Me want me pot of gold u little bast**ds"
I hope every one will watch all 4 parts!! There
GGGGGRRREATTT (Tony Tiger).
I might just walk over to town right now and check out some more movies if I can find some cream.:o)
Reply #3. Posted on July 29, 1999, 03:03:36 AM by firstname.lastname@example.org
damn! I can't believe so many people hate this movie. I went and sawit in the movie theater when I was like 10 or somethin and I loved it. I agree that the sequels were crap, but this was a good horror flick that shouldn't be dissed just because it aint full of drunk teens who are killed while having sex, although I wouldnt have minded some. Warwick Davis is a God!
Reply #4. Posted on July 30, 1999, 09:37:11 AM by SaMhAin
This movie would probably have worked better as a 3-minute sketch on some comedy show,because that's about as long as it takes for the gimmick of 'Leprechaun" to wear paper thin. It's watchable,as long as you view it in about 2 year intervals. I own it on video and haven't seen it since 1997 and am still not quite ready to sit through it again.
Reply #5. Posted on October 27, 1999, 12:00:52 PM by paul westbrook
This little known gem has become quite a favourite at my house. Warwick Davis is a riot as the little guy with attitude. I cannot believe Jennifer Anniston was in this movie. To rate this film, in the proper perspective, I have to rate it three stars[clovers].
Reply #6. Posted on November 08, 1999, 02:57:30 AM by email@example.com
I watched Leprechaun this past August, and to my complete supprise it REALLY sucked ass. It wasn't bad in the "haha funny way" but in the "Death s**t" sort of way. It just sat there it didn't really do anything and... well it pretty much sucked goat dong. At least part 2 was a somewhat more hounerous with the "Leprecar" and all that. And 4 was an absoulte f**king riot! But man, well I guess this is what you get for going back to your roots. Maybe 3 will be better...
Reply #7. Posted on December 19, 1999, 02:13:47 PM by firstname.lastname@example.org
Awful. One of the worst horror films ever. Note that this film does not qualify as a camp classic because it is NOT funny. This is one that might have been funny in the context of MST3K, but camp classics need to work on their own. On its own, Leprechaun is merely irritating and a time waster.
Reply #8. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by john
The Leprechan is a B movie classic! How classic is is when he opens the cabinet and sees Lucky Charms!You guys have to see the last Leprechan. It's called Leprechan in the Hood it has Ice T
|Pages:  2 3 ... 7 |