|Copyright 1993 Trimark Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Tory - Jennifer Aniston, way before the acting classes...
- Nathan - Big tough guy out to win Tory's heart, big and tough until a midget starts chewing on his leg.
- Dad - Tory's that is, admitted to the hospital after being bitten by a midget.
- Ozzie - Extremely stupid guy, he's always yelling that Martians are coming or something like that.
- Alex - Young kid who is a great deal more intelligent than Ozzie.
- The O'Grady's - Irish couple, Mr. Dan O'Grady is the one who took the Leprechaun's gold. Both experience bad luck around the little guy and subsequently die.
- Deputy Tripet - Fodder.
- The Leprechaun - Warwick Davis! Wee little person who loves to shine shoes and is extremely possessive of his gold.
|The luck of the Irish wasn't with this director, or with us guys watching for that matter. What the heck happened to Aniston's nipples, is it just cold on the set of "Friends" or does she stuff grapes down her bra? Regardless of all that, here's a movie befitting a hangover from green beer.
Ten years ago Dan O'Grady returned from Ireland a rich man, wealthy beyond his wildest dreams after taking the Leprechaun's gold. The devious little guy didn't take kindly to losing his loot, after finding the O'Gradys he kills the Mrs. and tortures Dan into having a stroke.
The old coot managed to stuff the midget into a crate, complete with four leaf clover to render him powerless, prior to collapsing. Now Tory's father has purchased the old farm, with Nathan and his pals fixing it up everything is going peachy - until Ozzie brushes the clover off the crate. Out pops the meanest thing under four feet tall you've ever seen, with a sick sense of humor to boot. It's only after Tory finds a four leaf clover and Alex slingshots the lucky charm into his mouth that the Leprechaun is vanquished.
There are some serious blockheads in this movie, Ozzie is first and foremost, though deputy Tripet comes in a close second. He pulls this maniac elf over for driving a Barbie race car down the road, it starts biting the heck out of him... ... so he runs into the woods. Then he throws his police baton at it. Besides killing stupid cops the Leprechaun is always whining about his lost treasure, "Where's meee gooolllddd?" and shining shoes, they actually distract him at one point by tossing dirty footwear his way. Not a very scary movie, but it's goofy as all get out most of the time.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Leprechauns are some pissed off little dudes.
- Four leaf clovers are like kryptonite to Leprechaun's.
- Tarantulas are native to North Dakota.
- You can make a boot out of ears.
- There's a rusting truck at the end of a rainbow.
- An operation can fix stupidity.
- Never stick your hand down a hole to grab a feral cat. (Or Leprechaun imitating a feral cat.)
- Leprechauns are carnivorous.
- Pogo sticks are lethal weapons.
- Nobody likes Lucky Charms cereal...
- Four-leaf clovers glow green.
- 11 mins - A country song about four leaf clovers?
- 13 mins - Nobody has lived in this house for ten years?
- 20 mins - These people are painting the house bright blue and the shutters a brick red.
- 29 mins - He swallowed a half dollar sized coin?
- 37 mins - Dude, somebody pushed that tricycle at you.
- 44 mins - Great idea, throw your baton at it Tripet, I hope you die.
- 52 mins - Group Leprechaun beating!
- 56 mins - Hmmm, I'd bet the Leprechaun is under the hood eating the distributor cap.
- 66 mins - Ozzie ate the last coin, bad news.
- Tory: "No dad, that was not an animal. Okay, I know what it feels like when a man caresses my leg."
Dad: "You do?"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Leprechaun: "What do I look like, me lad? See the hat, the buckles on me shoes? Why, I'm a leprechaun."
||Ozzie: "Hey, hey look up in the sky!" |
Alex: "So what Ozzie, it's just a rainbow."
Ozzie: "It's a magic rainbow."
||Ozzie: "Help, help it's happening! The attack is on...O'Grady farm...send help. The leprechaun is attacking!"
||Tory: (screams) |
Leprechaun: "Is that me gold?"
Tory: "What the Hell are you?"
Leprechaun: "I'm a leprechaun me dear."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Insult adds to injury when the leprechaun uses a pogo stick to punch a couple of holes in this dude's lung. Maybe Warwick needs to lose some weight.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #17. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by plisken
i'm irish and i just want to let you all of you know that this movie is based on a true story. although real leprechauns cannot use magic there just evil little critters.
Reply #18. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Sky
I have to say that the Leprachaun series are great! Hell, it was just a couple weeks ago when some of my friends and I Were going to have a sleepover and we were looking for a good horror movie. My friends all wanted the leprachaun. At first i thought they were crazy, but they rented it and i left while they watched. When i came up to see what it was like, I got attached to it right away. We had to see all the movies from the series. We've been renting them one by one for the past couple weeks since we started. We have to say that 2 and 4 are pretty bad but we certainly laughed are asses off at 3! Tonight were watchin 5 with ICE T.
Reply #19. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by DC
Well, in addition to the last comment leeft by my freind at email@example.com
, the thing i belive got him hooked into the series is the fact of the sheer stupididty shown in some of the caricters, I.E. Someone 'imagining' the girl he likes wants him to touch her breasts, and then sticks his head into two lawnmower blades.
Stupid acting, funny talking makes leprechaun 1&3 funney, and the Leprechaun s**t Rhym made me laugh so har,d i couldn't breath! two on the other had had no plot so it was bad, and 4............. A mix of Terminator, Star Ship Troopers, and alittle bit of NO RHYMES at all makes for a bad move. I have yet to voice my opinion on 5.
Another thing, For all you out there, why diss leprechaun???? WArwick DAvis is da mann, and he rocks, cept in 4 :) but thats forgivible, i would like to congradulate him on an ecxilint series ! ~ DC A.K.A. John Skyhound.
Reply #20. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Marcus
This movie is loads of sadistic fun! Theres something about the Leprechaun that make you kinda like him. Granted hes a killer but hey, hes only after his "pot o' gold". Jennifer Aniston is hot but is it me or does she seem to change from a Valley Girl to a Four Star General from beginning to end. Give it up to this film for providing laughs as well as the minor thrills!
Reply #21. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Isaac Baranoff
This Maybe The Worst Movie Ever Made, If It Wern't for "Sleepaway Camp".
Reply #22. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by lostmissy
I saw this movie as a teenager at the theater when it first came out. I saw it again this year at home. Where it was kinda cute and kooky the first time, the second time was, lets just say, not so enjoyable. But I must admit, it was interesting to see young jennifer again. Anyway I've also seen "2" and "4" since so maybe I'm just growing numb to "me gold" and recycled thrills and chills that weren't that thrilling or chilling the first time. But then maybe i've just grown jaded...
Reply #23. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Candy
I enjoyed this film. And just so you know, Ozzie wasn't STUPID, he was mentally retarted. Tomorrow my mom is taking me to the video store and I'm going to rent Leprachaun 2, and if any of you think its a bad idea, speak now, I'll check later and see if there is any replies.
Reply #24. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Deej
Hate this flick!! Because of this misguided movie, whenever a friend finds out I'm Irish-American...they throw their friggin' shoes at me! WHY!!! WHY!!???
|Pages: 1 2  4 5 ... 7 |