|Copyright 1993 Trimark Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Tory - Jennifer Aniston, way before the acting classes...
- Nathan - Big tough guy out to win Tory's heart, big and tough until a midget starts chewing on his leg.
- Dad - Tory's that is, admitted to the hospital after being bitten by a midget.
- Ozzie - Extremely stupid guy, he's always yelling that Martians are coming or something like that.
- Alex - Young kid who is a great deal more intelligent than Ozzie.
- The O'Grady's - Irish couple, Mr. Dan O'Grady is the one who took the Leprechaun's gold. Both experience bad luck around the little guy and subsequently die.
- Deputy Tripet - Fodder.
- The Leprechaun - Warwick Davis! Wee little person who loves to shine shoes and is extremely possessive of his gold.
|The luck of the Irish wasn't with this director, or with us guys watching for that matter. What the heck happened to Aniston's nipples, is it just cold on the set of "Friends" or does she stuff grapes down her bra? Regardless of all that, here's a movie befitting a hangover from green beer.
Ten years ago Dan O'Grady returned from Ireland a rich man, wealthy beyond his wildest dreams after taking the Leprechaun's gold. The devious little guy didn't take kindly to losing his loot, after finding the O'Gradys he kills the Mrs. and tortures Dan into having a stroke.
The old coot managed to stuff the midget into a crate, complete with four leaf clover to render him powerless, prior to collapsing. Now Tory's father has purchased the old farm, with Nathan and his pals fixing it up everything is going peachy - until Ozzie brushes the clover off the crate. Out pops the meanest thing under four feet tall you've ever seen, with a sick sense of humor to boot. It's only after Tory finds a four leaf clover and Alex slingshots the lucky charm into his mouth that the Leprechaun is vanquished.
There are some serious blockheads in this movie, Ozzie is first and foremost, though deputy Tripet comes in a close second. He pulls this maniac elf over for driving a Barbie race car down the road, it starts biting the heck out of him... ... so he runs into the woods. Then he throws his police baton at it. Besides killing stupid cops the Leprechaun is always whining about his lost treasure, "Where's meee gooolllddd?" and shining shoes, they actually distract him at one point by tossing dirty footwear his way. Not a very scary movie, but it's goofy as all get out most of the time.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Leprechauns are some pissed off little dudes.
- Four leaf clovers are like kryptonite to Leprechaun's.
- Tarantulas are native to North Dakota.
- You can make a boot out of ears.
- There's a rusting truck at the end of a rainbow.
- An operation can fix stupidity.
- Never stick your hand down a hole to grab a feral cat. (Or Leprechaun imitating a feral cat.)
- Leprechauns are carnivorous.
- Pogo sticks are lethal weapons.
- Nobody likes Lucky Charms cereal...
- Four-leaf clovers glow green.
- 11 mins - A country song about four leaf clovers?
- 13 mins - Nobody has lived in this house for ten years?
- 20 mins - These people are painting the house bright blue and the shutters a brick red.
- 29 mins - He swallowed a half dollar sized coin?
- 37 mins - Dude, somebody pushed that tricycle at you.
- 44 mins - Great idea, throw your baton at it Tripet, I hope you die.
- 52 mins - Group Leprechaun beating!
- 56 mins - Hmmm, I'd bet the Leprechaun is under the hood eating the distributor cap.
- 66 mins - Ozzie ate the last coin, bad news.
- Tory: "No dad, that was not an animal. Okay, I know what it feels like when a man caresses my leg."
Dad: "You do?"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Leprechaun: "What do I look like, me lad? See the hat, the buckles on me shoes? Why, I'm a leprechaun."
||Ozzie: "Hey, hey look up in the sky!" |
Alex: "So what Ozzie, it's just a rainbow."
Ozzie: "It's a magic rainbow."
||Ozzie: "Help, help it's happening! The attack is on...O'Grady farm...send help. The leprechaun is attacking!"
||Tory: (screams) |
Leprechaun: "Is that me gold?"
Tory: "What the Hell are you?"
Leprechaun: "I'm a leprechaun me dear."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Insult adds to injury when the leprechaun uses a pogo stick to punch a couple of holes in this dude's lung. Maybe Warwick needs to lose some weight.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #33. Posted on January 22, 2005, 07:07:58 PM by SugarBugar
I loved the Leperchaun movis. I think that all of you idiots that say the movie sucked are full of s**t. You just dont know a good movie when you see one. Warwic Davis should get the respect for being such a great actor and having to sit through all the s**t that people say about him and his movies. I mean dude it is like my favorite movie of all time. And just because you dont like the movie dosent mean that you have to diss Warwic.
Reply #34. Posted on June 08, 2005, 09:00:11 AM by giant claw
You can have his LUCKY CHARMS but if you touch his gold your in big big trouble wow nothing like one of the wee folk who is real upset over some one taking his gold
Reply #35. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Wayne
I LOVE THIS movie .the 1st time i seen this moive i was 3,.,it was the 1st horror movie i seen Plus people say thats Jennifer Aniston worst movie yea write The best .1 But friends is ko0l to but i love this movie its Hot! This movie will be remberd for a long time!.,.,.
ps.Warwik Davis Is Awsome too!'''
Reply #36. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Evan Jett
That... movie... made me never want to eat lucky charms again... And how the hell can you kill someone with a pogo sitck?! All the same, "Leprechaun" was more of a comedy than a horror film.
P.S:"Little girls shouldn't look for four leaf clovers..."
Reply #37. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Taylor
I'm a huge fan of the Leprechaun movies. I love the Irish a lot. Even, Warwick Davis is my new hero. I have 4 Leprechaun DVD's. This movie is one of my favorites. Warwick Davis is so talented, extremely. And, I'm happy to have him as my HERO.
Reply #38. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Someone
I saw this movie a few months ago. It was weird and a bit creepy. The leprechaun isn't as scary as he should be but when you think about what he does when he catches you, that creeps you out.
Reply #39. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by
I really don't understand how you can say this movie isn't a fun one to watch it's a good comedy...but i don't think that's what the director was going for, and it teaches you that if you want to look badass you need to get someone to tow you behind a jeep and sling yourself through a fence...
Reply #40. Posted on January 09, 2007, 09:30:13 PM by a-man22
i thought that it was a pritty good moovie cause some midget killed a guy with a pogo stick
|Pages: 1 ... 3 4  6 7 |