|Copyright 1993 Trimark Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Tory - Jennifer Aniston, way before the acting classes...
- Nathan - Big tough guy out to win Tory's heart, big and tough until a midget starts chewing on his leg.
- Dad - Tory's that is, admitted to the hospital after being bitten by a midget.
- Ozzie - Extremely stupid guy, he's always yelling that Martians are coming or something like that.
- Alex - Young kid who is a great deal more intelligent than Ozzie.
- The O'Grady's - Irish couple, Mr. Dan O'Grady is the one who took the Leprechaun's gold. Both experience bad luck around the little guy and subsequently die.
- Deputy Tripet - Fodder.
- The Leprechaun - Warwick Davis! Wee little person who loves to shine shoes and is extremely possessive of his gold.
|The luck of the Irish wasn't with this director, or with us guys watching for that matter. What the heck happened to Aniston's nipples, is it just cold on the set of "Friends" or does she stuff grapes down her bra? Regardless of all that, here's a movie befitting a hangover from green beer.
Ten years ago Dan O'Grady returned from Ireland a rich man, wealthy beyond his wildest dreams after taking the Leprechaun's gold. The devious little guy didn't take kindly to losing his loot, after finding the O'Gradys he kills the Mrs. and tortures Dan into having a stroke.
The old coot managed to stuff the midget into a crate, complete with four leaf clover to render him powerless, prior to collapsing. Now Tory's father has purchased the old farm, with Nathan and his pals fixing it up everything is going peachy - until Ozzie brushes the clover off the crate. Out pops the meanest thing under four feet tall you've ever seen, with a sick sense of humor to boot. It's only after Tory finds a four leaf clover and Alex slingshots the lucky charm into his mouth that the Leprechaun is vanquished.
There are some serious blockheads in this movie, Ozzie is first and foremost, though deputy Tripet comes in a close second. He pulls this maniac elf over for driving a Barbie race car down the road, it starts biting the heck out of him... ... so he runs into the woods. Then he throws his police baton at it. Besides killing stupid cops the Leprechaun is always whining about his lost treasure, "Where's meee gooolllddd?" and shining shoes, they actually distract him at one point by tossing dirty footwear his way. Not a very scary movie, but it's goofy as all get out most of the time.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Leprechauns are some pissed off little dudes.
- Four leaf clovers are like kryptonite to Leprechaun's.
- Tarantulas are native to North Dakota.
- You can make a boot out of ears.
- There's a rusting truck at the end of a rainbow.
- An operation can fix stupidity.
- Never stick your hand down a hole to grab a feral cat. (Or Leprechaun imitating a feral cat.)
- Leprechauns are carnivorous.
- Pogo sticks are lethal weapons.
- Nobody likes Lucky Charms cereal...
- Four-leaf clovers glow green.
- 11 mins - A country song about four leaf clovers?
- 13 mins - Nobody has lived in this house for ten years?
- 20 mins - These people are painting the house bright blue and the shutters a brick red.
- 29 mins - He swallowed a half dollar sized coin?
- 37 mins - Dude, somebody pushed that tricycle at you.
- 44 mins - Great idea, throw your baton at it Tripet, I hope you die.
- 52 mins - Group Leprechaun beating!
- 56 mins - Hmmm, I'd bet the Leprechaun is under the hood eating the distributor cap.
- 66 mins - Ozzie ate the last coin, bad news.
- Tory: "No dad, that was not an animal. Okay, I know what it feels like when a man caresses my leg."
Dad: "You do?"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Leprechaun: "What do I look like, me lad? See the hat, the buckles on me shoes? Why, I'm a leprechaun."
||Ozzie: "Hey, hey look up in the sky!" |
Alex: "So what Ozzie, it's just a rainbow."
Ozzie: "It's a magic rainbow."
||Ozzie: "Help, help it's happening! The attack is on...O'Grady farm...send help. The leprechaun is attacking!"
||Tory: (screams) |
Leprechaun: "Is that me gold?"
Tory: "What the Hell are you?"
Leprechaun: "I'm a leprechaun me dear."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Insult adds to injury when the leprechaun uses a pogo stick to punch a couple of holes in this dude's lung. Maybe Warwick needs to lose some weight.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Posted on January 10, 2007, 01:00:07 AM by SaintMort
Anyone else like the sequal more?
Posted on January 10, 2007, 05:14:15 PM by rebel_1812
Anyone else like the sequal more?
no because the leprechaun couldn't kill the guy so long as he had the gold coin, thereby taking away all sense of danger. In the first one, every character was vunerable.
Posted on January 10, 2007, 06:41:46 PM by SaintMort
I found the deaths so much more entertaining... specifically the pot of gold in the stomach... I jsut saw Leprechaun 3 today, that sucked.
Posted on August 01, 2007, 03:15:31 PM by HarlotBug3
I never would have considered watchin part 2...if I didn't just learn that there's a part 5. (Don't tell me there's a part 6, yet, my brain still needs time to recover.)
I forgot that Aniston was in this one, probably because she's cute, never hot, sure as hell never beautiful.
What I do remember, though, is the pain I felt when the 'little green sonovab***h' reached up through the cabinet and pinched the guy's junk.
He just reaches up and pinches it, the way horror/comedy always does to big budget action/comedy.
Reply #45. Posted on February 29, 2008, 11:03:49 PM by Giant Claw Jr
I think i prefer DARBY OGILL AND THE ITTLE PEOPLE there the wee folk are a lot nicer and he BANSHEE is scarier
Reply #46. Posted on April 01, 2008, 04:22:02 PM by Stacey
ehh, you didn't mention that leprechauns have ocd!
that is my favorite scene when they distract him by throwing tons of shoes his way ((that he has to shine)) in order for jennifer aniston to drive off to the senior home.
oh how i love this movie
I never really found the Leprechaun to sound that Irish. I can hear the American behind it.
Reply #48. Posted on October 21, 2008, 03:07:14 AM by Thee Dr.
This film was great! It had action, horror, and especially comedy-it was sweeet!!
Also: 'An interesting little bit of trivia, Warwick Davis also played an Ewok in Return of the Jedi'.-he was in 'Willow' with Val Kilmer!!! \m/
|Pages: 1 ... 4 5  7 |