|Copyright 1983 Film Ventures.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Josh and Mike Cameron - Two city folk looking for rest and relaxation. Mike's the younger and he get's chomped early on.
- Sheriff Will Stewart - Drunk law enforcement. (Geez, are there any sober cops?)
- Holly Pierce - School teacher and barmaid, what a combo huh?
- Dr. Myra Tate - Local doctor who thinks something must be wrong in this little town...
- Albert - Violent local, this guy is a total asshole.
- Mrs. Mapes - Innkeeper who is feeding travelers to her vampire daughter.
- Billy - Holly's star student, tastes like chicken to mutants.
- The Mutants - People changed into vampires by toxic waste. They develop caustic sores in their palms to suck blood.
|Boring and stupid, half of the time it's too dark to see anything! I had seen this years ago as a kid and found it pretty scary - AT THAT TIME I WAS A COMPLETE MORON. Again I tell you that it's usually too dark to see anything, if you're going to produce a bad film at least provide lighting since film is a visual medium. Add to this a script involving people turning into vampires (Which suck blood through holes in their palms and have toxic waste for blood.) created by a chemical company dumping in a abandoned mine. Bad Lighting+Crappy Plot=Shit. Do not operate heavy machinery after watching this movie, if you have seen seek medical attention. Not even a 68 Camaro could make me like this film, I do not wish to speak about it any further. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Country folk are violent, drunk, imbeciles.
- County sheriffs will not arrest you for knifing someone.
- I still don't know the secret of Wings Hauser's success.
- There really are monsters under the bed.
- If you are in an abandoned school and hear gutteral roaring sounds coming from the basement... ...don't check them out - sheesh!
- A barely pressurized hose will knock everyone into a toxic waste pit.
- Crazed mutants carefully remove light bulbs.
- Bathroom stalls make pretty defensible positions.
- Never put your back to a window, especially if you know toxic vampires are around.
- 4 mins - One thing going for this movie, a 68 Camaro.
- 12 mins - Did something just steam him to death?
- 32 mins - What color is that shirt? Mauve? No wonder everybody wants to kick your ass.
- 48 mins - I get the idea, it's dark - but film is a visual art form. (This is a problem throughout the movie - at least there's a 68 Camaro)
- 49 mins - The sound or camera person is reflected in the car window.
- 58 mins - Dr. Tate doesn't notice him mutating into a monster 10 feet away?
- 64 mins - Cloth masks are filtering all these toxic fumes? Could we see the Camaro again?
- 81 mins - Goodness! The kid got chomped! This movie is breaking all the rules!
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Josh: "Have fun, close the door, thank you, goodnight!" |
Mike: "God bless."
||Dr. Tate: "Who would want to steal blood?"
||Dr. Tate: "All I want is one night with the body, just one night."
||Josh: "What are you a bunch of rednecks?"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Posted on June 23, 2014, 08:13:39 AM by Rev. Powell
Terrible movie, but I didn't find it too dark. The production values were actually pretty high, but the script was just stupid. Full of redneck stereotypes. Cops who witness vicious assaults and don't do anything, victims who don't complain. Likeable brother, whose only flaw is that he doesn't know how to button his shirt, is the first to die, leaving us "rooting" for douchebag brother. Redemptive character arc for alcoholic sheriff: pulls himself together long enough to repel mutant invasion, then quits job and returns to drinking. Bad movie.
|Pages: 1  |