|Copyright 1987 Lightning Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Fred - Our hero, the unwashed bum.
- Kevin - Fred's younger brother, he's learning the ancient family secret of hobo.
- Wendy - Weird girl who works at the junkyard, she wants to make it a better place to live.
- Burt - Seasoned bum, pretty amusing for a guy with raw chicken in his drawers.
- Bill - Cop. Very large, very mean, and very dead after Bronson finishes with him.
- Wizzie - Evil little bastard who works for Bronson, dissolves.
- Mr. Schnizer - He owns the junkyard, he's also shaped like a bell. Ends up with VD.
- Mr. Duran and the Doorboy - Nightclub owner and mobster, you'll also recognize his hateful assistant as Jeffrey from Frankenhooker. Mr. Mob turns into Mr. Blob after a sip of Viper.
- Ed - Liquor store owner who finds the case of toxic booze, finally tries some and regrets it.
- Paulie and the fat garage worker - Both drink Viper, the latter blows up reeaaaalll good.
- Sarah - Bronson's choice female companion, ugh. Tastes the whiskey, turns into slut stew.
- Bronson - Wigged out Vietnam vet who rules over the salvage yard with an iron fist, he also carries a knife made from a human femur. Decapitated by a flying canister of CO2.
|Sometimes amusing things come in deceptive packages, like this little gem. Who would honestly think a movie about bums drinking contaminated booze and then melting or exploding would be fun? (Besides all you New Jersey people.) Quite a bit of the film actually runs like "As the World Turns Homeless" though, mainly following the adventures of Freddy. He's the good bum, along with Kevin and Burt they are just looking to get by. Bronson is the violent (expletive deleted) causing amazing amounts of hate and discontent. Case in point, one of the bums starts urinating somewhere he probably shouldn't, but it's a junkyard for goodness sake, who cares? Bronson grabs the poor guy's jimmy and lops it off with his knife, then all the freaks start playing hot potato with it. I'll get back to our main attraction, dissolving people! Seems that Ed finds a case of cheap whiskey called Viper in the liquor store basement so he puts it on sale. Drinking cheap booze is never easy on your system, but it usually doesn't turn one's body into goo. Bill, big angry copy that he is, can't figure it out either. Hmmm, let's see - melted body and bottle of Viper, another puddle of slime that was a person with an empty bottle nearby - hmmmmm... ...anyway, maybe Bill just didn't have time to put it all together before Bronson kills him. Of course he was already tired from killing the hitman Mr. Duran sent to ice Fred, why is another story. (I told you it was a homeless soap opera.) There is a bit of gratuitous nudity, unfortunately it either involves Wendy (Who I didn't find very attractive.) or the drunk girl who just finished throwing up. (Oh mama wouldn't I like to get some of that...) The movie doesn't really end, it just sort of stops all the sudden. I'm guessing they were running out of characters to melt.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Windshield washers travel in packs.
- Sixty year old rotgut is lethal.
- Fire escapes are condominiums for homeless people.
- Watching two grimy people making out is rather nasty.
- Coroners like to make sculptures out of desiccated bodies.
- Nobody wants to kiss the girl who has been vomiting, having sex with her is another matter though.
- It's very wrong to play "Eunuch in the Middle" with a man's severed penis.
- Cops throw up on people they don't like.
- Sometimes fat guys explode.
- 2 mins - That car didn't have a driver, oh here he is, in the next shot...
- 3 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 6 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A NERD!
- 21 mins - What the heck was all that about?
- 27 mins - Whoa! The "C" word and it's not "cat."
- 32 mins - I think you need to go look up the word discrimination Burt, but you're darn convincing for a man with poultry filling his loins.
- 46 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 56 mins - There's a lot of love in this room...
- 58 mins - Now that's a suit.
- 79 mins - Is Wendy taking off her...
- 79 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Fred: "I dunno how I managed to look comfortable. F***ing Wizzie planted his foot halfway up my ass." |
Burt: "Aw, he was just planting corn. You get it? Corn!"
||Store Clerk: "I'd like to know what you're doing with all that chicken in your pants..."
||Doorboy: "I should have known better than to get involved with Italians. Everybody's a hot headed gangster. Everybody's Mr. Mafia."
||Wendy: (Giggling.) "I remember one, we went to Cony Island and I had a runny nose and someone hit me so hard in the bumper cars that I swallowed all my snot. Bang!" (Snort, giggles.)
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #25. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by jtrash
My friends and i just happened to stumble upon this gem at our video store and rented without exactly knowing what it was all about. This is by far one of my favorite b movies right now. if your a fan of any troma movie or want to see some really wacky colorful melty gore SEE THIS MOVIE! Its also filled with tons of quotable quotes and terms, my favorite being "f**k you! give me a bottle of booze, heres my dollar, suck my dick!". just classic. and a great name-calling term, "scum bastard". just great!
Reply #26. Posted on June 26, 2004, 08:40:18 AM by night heron
The guy who is melting should be exclaming WHAT A WORLD WHAT A WORLD ahhhh its just as bad as THE DEVILS RAIN and what a lot of blleeeeeaaaahhhhh
Reply #27. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Mr. Makebelieve
When this movie was released as a VHS, my brother told me not to rent it, because it was way too awful to see. I love gore (and so does he usually), so just being told that, I rushed to rent it. Oof. Braindead crap indeed. Low budget pile of nonsense, with awful, awful actors. Made me feel I could start making movies, couldn't be worst than that.
Reply #28. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Bear
A great B movie! Has some of the best gore I've ever seen, the fat guy exploding and the guy melting all over the street are my favorite deaths, besides the C02 tank decapitation. That was cool. I also got a laugh out of it (the keepaway d*ck scene in particular). Highly reccomended.
Reply #29. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Schimmel
Y'know, if I hadn't have stumbled across this review I might have completely eradicated this celluloid turd of a film from my memory. But it was not to be. And like the visual allure of a disgusting train-wreck, I had no choice but to read on and relive possibly the worst movie ever. I rented this suck job movie at a blockbuster in Florida in 1991 and thankfully haven't seen it anywhere since. Its not that its mean spirited and hateful, its just, well, f**king disturbing on a unique level. It manages to not have one stinking redeeming quality. From melting jagoffs to homeless gangbangs and cock "keep away," I really don't know where to start on how ill this thing is. I'm not even sure Troma would claim this tea-bagger. Its like sitting through 90 minutes of Bumfights, but with no plot and somehow even worse acting. Whoever invented this thing oughtta get Hoof and Mouth disease or some other God awful ailment. Nuff said.
Reply #30. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Crazed Fan
I saw this movie at my friend's. I thought the idea of melting from drinking Viper was a great idea. My favorite part was when Burt was confronted at the store. Over a good movie to watch if your bored or like bums melting.
|Re: Street Trash
Reply #31. Posted on August 22, 2007, 05:11:36 PM by jj
|Re: Street Trash
Posted on February 17, 2009, 08:48:40 AM by CaptnTripps
This movie is awesomely bad! Just bought the edition that has a two hour street trash memoirs second disc. I highly reccomend it. I actually love how this movie is all over the place. Besides the fact that the movie is hilarious, I was sucked into the world of the homeless, it was like looking at the world through their eyes! Awesome review!
|Pages: 1 2 3  5 ||
|Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2013 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with Fair Use, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.|