|Copyright 1985 New World Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- David Rutherford - Michael Moriarty! Industrial spy that isn't as dumb as he looks, sounds, or acts.
- Nicole Kendall - Ad campaign executive who cares more about people than the money (first departure from reality).
- Jason - Darn kid, you know, the one that can't get killed.
- Chocolate Chip Charlie - The Chocolate Chip Cookie King, loses his company in a hostile takeover. Martial arts master too!
- Colonel Spears - Leader of a militant group, mankind's last hope to stop "The Stuff" from taking over.
- The Stuff - If the Nazis had made yogurt...
|Man eating dessert whip and militant groups! A new taste sensation is sweeping the nation, it's "The Stuff!" I liked the beginning of this movie, some old guy finds nasty white stuff bubbling out of the ground - SO HE TASTES IT! Mmmmm, that's good, we should sell this to people. Then you have the "greedy old men" of the ice cream industry hiring an investigator, who appears to be a complete moron, to learn the inside scoop about the new treat. "The Stuff" makes you hungry for more and soon takes over your body, leaving only a empty shell filled with ambulatory cream. To top all this off (not with a cherry you rube) it is a militant group which ultimately saves humanity by defeating the "whipped" zombies! Extremely fun film for your bad movie sweet tooth.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Kids who are unruly should be sent to bed with a pint of dessert.
- Reddish-brown cowboy boots do not go with gray suits.
- Dogs love whipped cream but it pisses them off.
- There are a darn lot of cars from PA in New York City and NJ.
- Non-dairy creamers are bad, real bad. (glazed expression) Support your local dairy farmer... ...he is your friend... ...cows good...
- It is possible to slap someone unconscious.
- Militant groups travel by taxi.
- 2 mins - Okay, so the old guy finds this stuff bubbling out of the ground, in the middle of a mining facility, and starts eating it? How did he get that old being so stupid? Damn you Darwin, it's all been a lie!
- 17 mins - The stuff is kept frozen, refrigerated, and at room temp.
- 48 mins - Jason is hiding atop the bare metal tanker in his red shirt.
- 54 mins - David had to hotwire the truck but now he's starting it with a key?
- 59 mins - Jason really isn't inside that tank is he? I know this was made years ago but those effects suck!
- 74 mins - A huge army of machinegun-carrying extremists invades town and no cops or National Guard?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Jason's Mom: "Low in calories, good tasting, and it doesn't even spot...and he doesn't like it."
||David: "Everybody has to eat shaving cream once in a while."
||David: "That stuff comes right out of the center of the Earth, and straight into our supermarkets."
||Colonel Spears: "Pay the drivers, issue a ten percent tip, get a cash receipt." |
Militants: "Yes sir!"
Colonel Spears: "Proceed to the main lobby, we will reassemble, HUP!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
|Re: The Stuff
Posted on October 15, 2011, 04:02:30 PM by monster93
I remember when I watched this movie, it was pretty strange
the movie was just horrible, unwatchable, and of course it was very silly. The guy was very annoying to me. I though this movie was a classic but now I realize it was a classic of B-Movies.
|Pages: 1 ... 3 4  |