Main Menu

[PA] Steel Frontier

Started by Kester Pelagius, July 18, 2007, 09:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kester Pelagius

A review of this entertaining low budget 'man with no name' Mad Max styled post-apocalyptic pseudo-western is now up at Mise-en-scene Crypt.
Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)

ewokmic

We have done it again Kester - wrote a review of the same film at the same time!  :buggedout:

Nobody writes a review of Steel Frontier for years and then two come along at once.  :bouncegiggle:

Here is my effort: www.post-apocalypse.co.uk/steelfrontier.html

www.post-apocalypse.co.uk - post-nuke wasteland movies

Kester Pelagius

Heh.  That's hilarious.  Could have used that review when I was originally putting mine together.  (It's been sitting on the HD a while.)  I had planned a side-by-side scene/character comparison with Road Warrior/Mad Max but finally just decided to par it down and post the review as is.  Besides my comments were starting to sound like I was ragging on the movie and it's really worth watching without that kind of preconcieved baggage from a reviewer.

Kudos on managing to find one VHS cover scan that's different from the usual bland boring cover art everyone used.   :thumbup:

I am still curious abuot the disparity in runtimes, and MPAA ratings, though.  Does anyone know, for sure, if there are any differences in the actual content of the various video releases?
Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)