Main Menu

The Worst VHS Cover Artwork!

Started by TheDope, July 04, 2009, 11:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyC

Quote from: Joe the Destroyer on March 11, 2010, 02:32:47 PM

Eye lasers aside, I had no idea the SS was letting in Native Americans, particularly ones with fluffy 80s hair. Maybe they were conflicted about it, since he's also been set on fire.
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

Joe the Destroyer

Quote from: AndyC on March 12, 2010, 09:41:26 AM
Quote from: Joe the Destroyer on March 11, 2010, 02:32:47 PM

Eye lasers aside, I had no idea the SS was letting in Native Americans, particularly ones with fluffy 80s hair. Maybe they were conflicted about it, since he's also been set on fire.

They had to join the times and be equal opportunity.  People on fire have rights, you know!

JPickettIII

I see this and think that the Devil better get a good dermotologist and dentist.
\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///

JPickettIII

When women use highbeams to find a man to marry.  HAHAHAHA
\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///

Leah

is it me, or does the missile has an eye on it? :teddyr:

I know it's not a VHS, but the title does mean something!

wow, the hobgoblins has that "I'm gona f**k you b***h!" look about it
yeah no.

Chainsawmidget

Quote from: Bull on March 24, 2010, 04:33:04 PM

I know it's not a VHS, but the title does mean something!
Well, the movie was a disaster, but probably not what they were trying for.  Maybe if they had spent more time making a movie that was actually a parody of disaster movies instead of a movie that was a parody of everything that they could think of written by somebody that had their sense of humor surgically removed, they might have had something. 

Be fair.  It's Hobgoblins.  That poster makes the movie look much more interesting than it actually was. 

retrorussell

Um.. it looks like the hobgoblin might already be inside her.  :buggedout:
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

AndyC

is it me, or does the missal has an eye on it? :teddyr:

I think you mean 'missile,' unless that thing is full of Catholic prayers. :teddyr:
---------------------

MrMari

Cause nothing says SEXY like a girl smelling her own armpit...

I guess something came between Ethel and a hair salon...

Something tells me this guy is not cheating death in this movie...

Three butts, two eyes and one very bald head...

retrorussell

Quote from: MrMari on March 27, 2010, 08:56:12 PM
Cause nothing says SEXY like a girl smelling her own armpit...

Yeah.. I thought the same thing when I saw it.  "Raw sewage.. is that me? (sniff)"
I like how they copy the font from Miami Vice to try and boost sales.  Desperate!
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

Joe the Destroyer

Quote from: MrMari on March 27, 2010, 08:56:12 PM

Something tells me this guy is not cheating death in this movie...

It looks like the gun is shooting a man at that helicopter. 

Joe the Destroyer

Here's a great idea: Let's take a slightly gory reptile flick and edit it to hell, then give it this safe-looking, Land Before Time-ish VHS cover.  Oh, but we have to remind the consumers this is a horror film.  Let's give the plesiosaur sharp teeth and add a dead body in for good measure.

retrorussell

Wow, I've got to see that dinosaur flick!   :smile:

Hmm.. some giant guy is rising out of the river, trying to see what some gal is staring at in an odd manner while her boyfriend lies in a bloody heap on the street.  But these weird colored streaks are in his way, as well as palm trees.  "Hey!  What's going on over there?  I can't see with all this foliage and color in my way!"
BTW, what does this have to do with Castro...?

AndyC

Quote from: retrorussell on March 30, 2010, 02:28:45 AM
BTW, what does this have to do with Castro...?

They're ripping off Scarface and Miami Vice at the same time. I'm guessing the movie, aside from being in Florida, is not much like either. Love the expression on her face. It's like 50% terror and 50% "Duh..."
---------------------

Joe the Destroyer

Quote from: retrorussell on March 30, 2010, 02:28:45 AM
Wow, I've got to see that dinosaur flick!   :smile:

There's an uncut DVD available from Tokyo Shock under the clunky name "Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds."  Very b-licious, but some have hated it.  It was also on the first season of MST3K.