Main Menu

Guess That Retro Toon.

Started by venomx, August 13, 2009, 08:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrorussell

Inspector Gadget was a good cartoon up till the 2nd season, when they decided to add an annoying sidekick called "Corporal Capeman".  I certainly stopped watching at that point. 

Go ahead and throw one on.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

alandhopewell

Quote from: retrorussell on September 25, 2012, 05:40:55 PM
Inspector Gadget was a good cartoon up till the 2nd season, when they decided to add an annoying sidekick called "Corporal Capeman".  I certainly stopped watching at that point.  

Glad I missed that....

Who might this fellow be....?

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.

alandhopewell

Quote from: alandhopewell on September 26, 2012, 12:27:09 PM
Quote from: retrorussell on September 25, 2012, 05:40:55 PM
Inspector Gadget was a good cartoon up till the 2nd season, when they decided to add an annoying sidekick called "Corporal Capeman".  I certainly stopped watching at that point.  

Glad I missed that....

Who might this fellow be....?

NOBODY GOT THIS???

Another Hanna-Barbera critter, Sneezley, From BREEZLEY AND SNEEZLEY.

Trace suggested this guy, as we just got a DVD set with a bunch of his cartoons....

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.

retrorussell

I wasn't able to see the last picture; I've had to do much of my computering from work and it doesn't allow many pictures.  I can now see the recent one:
Hoppity Hopper.  It certainly looked like a Jay Ward cartoon.  Never seen it though.  Since it certainly had the Jay Ward look to it I just googled Jay Ward cartoon frog and there it was.

I'll need some time for the next one.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

retrorussell

Okay, let's give this one a go:
I chopped off some characters from this show, as they would give it away.
HINTS:
Cartoon spinoff (1980) of a popular 70's show.
The 2 characters shown are the main character's dog, and his futuristic girlfriend (literally, she's from the future).  They are not from the regular 70's series.
2 other characters from the 70's show are in the cartoon but not pictured.
The gang time-travel through history and fictional history.

alandhopewell

Quote from: retrorussell on October 10, 2012, 02:40:14 AM
Okay, let's give this one a go:
I chopped off some characters from this show, as they would give it away.
HINTS:
Cartoon spinoff (1980) of a popular 70's show.
The 2 characters shown are the main character's dog, and his futuristic girlfriend (literally, she's from the future).  They are not from the regular 70's series.
2 other characters from the 70's show are in the cartoon but not pictured.
The gang time-travel through history and fictional history.

That would be this tripe....FONZ AND THE HAPPY DAYS GANG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtW6wS3z97Q

I've never seen it, I have no plans to EVER see it.

This flinty guy was a regular character on what 80's cartoon....?

retrorussell

Gobots: Battle of the Rock Lords.  Didn't need to Google that one!
I'll think of another tonight when I get home from work.

alandhopewell

Quote from: retrorussell on October 10, 2012, 05:47:01 PM
Gobots: Battle of the Rock Lords.  Didn't need to Google that one!
I'll think of another tonight when I get home from work.

WRONG, LADDIE! guess again.

retrorussell

Woah, serious?  It sure has that GoBots look.  I don't know then.

alandhopewell

Quote from: retrorussell on October 11, 2012, 05:33:15 PM
Woah, serious?  It sure has that GoBots look.  I don't know then.

Nope-twas Hardrock, from THE NEW ADVENTURES OF JONNY QUEST.

This little girl grew up to be a high-flying superheroine-who was she?

retrorussell

Hmm.. never saw the New Adventures of Johnny Quest, just the 60s version.
Looks a bit like Spider-Woman.

alandhopewell

Quote from: retrorussell on October 12, 2012, 05:31:55 PM
Hmm.. never saw the New Adventures of Johnny Quest, just the 60s version.
Looks a bit like Spider-Woman.

DINGDINGDINGDING!

Your turn.

retrorussell

Okay, dumb late 70s/early 80s cartoon.  Space female cops with help from a 50s cartoon character.

alandhopewell

Quote from: retrorussell on October 14, 2012, 07:39:46 PM
Okay, dumb late 70s/early 80s cartoon.  Space female cops with help from a 50s cartoon character.

CASPER AND THE ANGELS. BTW, Casper dates from the 40's.

Try this....

Two of the characters in this still share their names with a later cartoon duo, much better known. Who are they?

tracy

Quote from: alandhopewell on October 15, 2012, 01:02:17 PM
Quote from: retrorussell on October 14, 2012, 07:39:46 PM
Okay, dumb late 70s/early 80s cartoon.  Space female cops with help from a 50s cartoon character.

CASPER AND THE ANGELS. BTW, Casper dates from the 40's.

Try this....

Two of the characters in this still share their names with a later cartoon duo, much better known. Who are they?
They are the lesser famous Tom and Jerry.

Now,what is this from?

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.