Main Menu

Guess That Retro Toon.

Started by venomx, August 13, 2009, 08:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomX73

Can you name this retro toon?

Hint - mid 90s
Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!

retrorussell

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

VenomX73

retrorussell

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

VenomX73

any more hints? I know that cartoon - I can't pin the name... it had a bear as well, no?

retrorussell

I don't think there was a bear.. an invisible horse, though.   It was a Hanna-Barbera cartoon and released in 1979.  The old prospector is a ghost.  The girls work for a ranch owner and the ghost is helpful to the girls and harasses the grumpy owner.

VenomX73

Yup, Galloping Ghost! I was thinking of The Hillbilly Bears - Hanna-Barbera.

alandhopewell

Quote from: retrorussell on October 20, 2014, 01:44:34 PM
I don't think there was a bear.. an invisible horse, though.   It was a Hanna-Barbera cartoon and released in 1979.  The old prospector is a ghost.  The girls work for a ranch owner and the ghost is helpful to the girls and harasses the grumpy owner.

BUFORD AND THE GALLOPING GHOST (I Googled; sue me.)

Having a problem with picture.
This was a Hanna-Barbera cartoon, prime time, about football players.
If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.

retrorussell

I can't see the picture either but I bet it's WHERE'S HUDDLES?
I believe I actually did that one many moons ago on this thread.

VenomX73

I have 2 toons here... can you name them both?

Hints - Nickelodeon early 80s to early 90s.

Hint - early 80s - short run.

retrorussell

Easy!  Danger Mouse and Drak Pak!

VenomX73

Too easy - YUP Danger Mouse and Drak Pak! Good job.  :thumbup:

Someone post a toon photo

retrorussell

alandhopewell

Quote from: retrorussell on October 20, 2014, 05:35:21 PM
I can't see the picture either but I bet it's WHERE'S HUDDLES?
I believe I actually did that one many moons ago on this thread.

Yup; WHERE'S HUDDLES. At the time, the late Paul Lynde had three voice-over parts going at once....

Claude Pertwee, from WHERE'S HUDDLES....

Mildew Wolf, from IT'S THE WOLF, a segment of THE CHATTANOOGA CATS....

and The Hooded Claw, from THE PERILS OF PENELOPE PITSTOP.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.