Main Menu

old horror movie about a doll

Started by angelmandymom, October 25, 2009, 06:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lpopsicle

It is not trilogy of terror, that came out in 1975. The movie referenced was played on TV when I was in 7th grade 1973, but I don't know how much earlier it was made. The doll was more chunky ish, I am trying to figure the Name out also. I will get it soon if I have to rely on old friends on FB.

alandhopewell

Quote from: Lpopsicle on June 28, 2012, 06:57:45 PM
It is not trilogy of terror, that came out in 1975. The movie referenced was played on TV when I was in 7th grade 1973, but I don't know how much earlier it was made. The doll was more chunky ish, I am trying to figure the Name out also. I will get it soon if I have to rely on old friends on FB.

There was a NIGHT GALLERY episode that dealt with possessed dolls; could that have been it?
If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.

DarkenedAuras

not sure if it will help but I found a youtube video that makes a sort of "tribute" to these kind of movies.  Maybe if the doll you're referring to is in the "tribute" you can look at the titles in the video description and figure it out.  I'm sorry you're having such a problem with this...there's a movie I'm having just as bad a time remembering :( anyway the video is on youtube and it's called "Killer Dolls tribute"

shadowcat546

Hi.  try "Ragdoll"  1999.  IMDB  title/tt0226362/

or:  Tales From the Hood (1995) which has 4-5 short stories contained within one larger story  (found thru www dot best-horror-movies dot com
(not allowing me to post links)

there's another one, I think, that was made into a schlock movie (?80s/90s), which was based on a book...a ragdoll left on a doorstep, coming to life after it's sewn mouth was slit open.  caucasian man runs and runs.. (?)..

--Shannon in Michigan

stlkutie

The movie has to be "Amelia" or some remake of it. It's a part of the Trilogy of Terror. It was a chain, not a sash in the 1975 version.

shadowcat546

found another link that might help you:  on YouTube, a lady named Ask Bonnie--Killer Doll Movies discuss movies with evil dolls.  Including the comment section.---Shannon

TheLivster

I am so sorry you have not found the movie you are looking for but you have definitely helped me find what I've been looking for for a long time now. Amelia is exactly what I watched from behind the couch when I was about 6 or 7. I am now 40 and still cannot allow my arms or legs to dangle near the floor when lying on the couch or in bed because of that doll. It's mad, I know, and I also can't stand watching any dolls come to life in anything! It's bizarre what affects the mind. I hope you have luck in finding your movie. I'm now going to watch the whole 'Amelia' to hopefully get rid of my demons.
Thanks everyone.

dcloth

Are you thinking of the movie Chucky? I know this is later than the 70's but I thought i'd throw it in the mix.

DarkenedAuras

not sure if it's been mentioned yet but could it be:

Black Devil Doll

or

Black Devil Doll From Hell?

VenomX73

Quote from: alandhopewell on July 12, 2012, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: Lpopsicle on June 28, 2012, 06:57:45 PM

There was a NIGHT GALLERY episode that dealt with possessed dolls; could that have been it?

Yup. I was thinking the same... The Night Gallery's 'The Doll' 1971

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!

ralfy

About the chunkyish doll, I'm reminded of the end of Asylum (1972).

mamad 8791

@angelmandymom did you ever find out this movie? Was thinking about a movie today that sounds exactly like what you are describing, little doll running with knife and no it's not trilogy. i can see the doll running with knife. this is driving me crazy I have searched everywhere.

Josette

Quote from: mamad 8791 on December 29, 2017, 10:24:37 AM
@angelmandymom did you ever find out this movie? Was thinking about a movie today that sounds exactly like what you are describing, little doll running with knife and no it's not trilogy. i can see the doll running with knife. this is driving me crazy I have searched everywhere.

Same here.
I swear it was called The Talisman.