Main Menu

Quick! Say a good PC RPG!

Started by Cthulhu, April 17, 2010, 01:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianasmith

I've done Oblivion as a Khagit rogue, a Breton battlemage, and a Nord barbarian.

Morrowind doesn't really crash, per se, but everynow and then it does just shut down for no apparent reason.  I make sure to sleep or wait often, so I always have a recent autosave.  I just got my Wood Elf knight cured of Corpus disease and plundered the heck out of Tel Fyr while I was at it.  I'm rich now!!  Had enough $$, plus a grand soul gem I loaded up with a Golden Saint, to enchant an amulet with +23 to 25 strength.  I can carry 730 pounds of loot now!!

Hee hee . .  . need to go raid a big ol' stronghold somewhere!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Paquita

Quote from: indianasmith on April 21, 2010, 07:22:54 PM
Had enough $$, plus a grand soul gem I loaded up with a Golden Saint, to enchant an amulet with +23 to 25 strength.  I can carry 730 pounds of loot now!!

OK that did remind me of the time I enchanted a pair of pants to give off so much light that it was almost harder to see with the light than in the dark.. that was pretty cool.

indianasmith

I usually do my first two garments with strength, then turn some amulet or ring into a huge flashlight for caves, Dwemer ruins, and Daedric shrines.

Can't wait for Elder Scrolls V !!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

wickednick

Dragon Age origins is a awesome rpg and if you want something old school look for Buldurs Gate 1&2. Those three games can keep you occupied for easily a full year.
Smells like popcorn and shame

Joe the Destroyer

Icewind Dale.  Loads of fun, and you can build your own party. 

Neverwinter  Nights

Septerra Core

I've heard Grim Fandango is good

Psycho Circus

Mofo Rising

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

Joe the Destroyer

One to avoid: Ancient Evil.  Think Diablo, except with a hunger bar.  Oh, and you almost never find food anywhere.

But another older Diabloish one I ddn't mind: Nox.

oxode

TBG-29V with thermobaric rounds . . .
       . . .or din't You mean Rocket-propelled grenade ?

Derf

Quote from: Mofo Rising on April 30, 2010, 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: Circus Circus on April 30, 2010, 04:53:20 PM
Quote from: Joe the Destroyer on April 30, 2010, 04:33:15 PM

Very good.

I agree. Not an RPG, but well worth playing.

I'll jump on this bandwagon. It was a toss-up between Max and Manny for my avatar picture. And perhaps Guybrush Threepwood from the Monkey Island series.
"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."

Leah

yeah no.

Ed, Ego and Superego

I'll second any Fallout recommendations.  I am in the mood for an RPG myself.  Someting not too elfy-dwarfy, but I don't mind fantasy.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Jim H

I suggest playing both Fallouts with the unofficial patch.  Especially Fallout 2.  Fallout 2 with the patch has a ton of new and fixed quests, and like 1000 bug fixes (I'm not really exaggerating, it's literally like 1000 bug fixes).  You can also get a bunch of new endings - including the one I wanted most, the ability to save the intelligent Deathclaws! 

Here's a link:

http://news.filefront.com/unofficial-fallout-2-patch-final-version/

Mofo Rising

Quote from: Derf on May 01, 2010, 07:21:45 AM
Quote from: Mofo Rising on April 30, 2010, 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: Circus Circus on April 30, 2010, 04:53:20 PM
Quote from: Joe the Destroyer on April 30, 2010, 04:33:15 PM

Very good.

I agree. Not an RPG, but well worth playing.

I'll jump on this bandwagon. It was a toss-up between Max and Manny for my avatar picture. And perhaps Guybrush Threepwood from the Monkey Island series.

Mancomb Seepgood would be a great username.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

Cthulhu

Quote from: Jim H on May 12, 2010, 01:44:43 AM
I suggest playing both Fallouts with the unofficial patch.  Especially Fallout 2.  Fallout 2 with the patch has a ton of new and fixed quests, and like 1000 bug fixes (I'm not really exaggerating, it's literally like 1000 bug fixes).  You can also get a bunch of new endings - including the one I wanted most, the ability to save the intelligent Deathclaws! 

Here's a link:

http://news.filefront.com/unofficial-fallout-2-patch-final-version/
Thanks!
I WILL start it all over again....I'm gonna finish that game!
It's way too good to bail out of it...